Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZLawyer: I am assuming the family can/will file a civil lawsuit against JA when this farce is over but do wonder if they have the makings of filing a suit against the state of AZ over the handling of this case?

Thanks for all you do. You are priceless.

He is now unsure on the time once JM questioned him about his earlier statement. Here's BK's note on that:

I'm confused about that line of questioning. Was the computer NOT in MST?

AZLawyer: I am assuming the family can/will file a civil lawsuit against JA when this farce is over but do wonder if they have the makings of filing a suite against the state of AZ ovee the handling of this case?

Thanks for all you do. You are priceless.

No, the State would have immunity for such a lawsuit.

Perhaps BN saw the computer *advertiser censored* in Jodi's other eye. :giggle:

Oh, so many of you thank you for your sense of humor periodically. I needed that (laugh out loud) after all the very deep computer jargon stuff. Whewie!! I do concentrate real hard too on trying to understand all of this way beyond my brain (although am getting some what better thanks to all of you)..... so to have a break of laughter is so stress relieving. Big Thank You!! :laugh:

She's celebrating like this I'm sure :facepalm:
♪
♫ Oh Holy Night ♫

She has totally ruined one of my favorite Christmas songs :tantrum:
----------------
Dmacky, I totally agree! Just makes me sick. I cant stand all this anymore.

He is now unsure on the time once JM questioned him about his earlier statement. Here's BK's note on that:
"JM: June 10, 2008–the laptop was asleep, according to you. Right? BN is pulling it up. Yes. 50 MG of files were downloaded and written onto he hard drive. JM: What time? BN: 10:27 but it was actually 9:27 in Mesa at that time. These are the times the computer showed on the log. JM: You previously testified that it was MST? BN: This is what the computer says. BN seems to be waffling a little. BN: I showed you these files and we adjusted for Arizona time. He is relying on the time stamp of the computer. JM: Did you misspeak when you said 9:27 am? BN insists that he’ll stick to what the computer shows."

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/flores-investigation-report.pdf

The search warrant was executed at 9:53 am, June 10, 2008. One would assume this is “AZ Summer Time” (i.e. MST). From this exchange, it appears the 6-10 downloads happened at 9:27 am MST. TA probably let the laptop “auto-adjust” the computer clock to Mountain Daylight Time (MDT), which would have been 10:27 am. Makes sense. He did a lot of communicating with people out of state; so allowing the computer clock to “spring forward” made his time stamps congruent with the rest of the Mountain Time Zone.

Yes, I was being a bit sarcastic at her "plight". I'm beginning to see her as tied up to the railroad tracks with Nurmi standing by twirling his mustache....

I understood where you were coming from, LinTX.

Judge just ruffles my feathers sometimes the way she allows herself to be used.

IIRC Juror #3 will be back tonight at 8pm ET To answer viewer questions ~
Not sure she will answer any really good questions though ~ I hope not anyway. I don't want to give KN ANY more reasons to file his 13,948th appeal

Margaret... thank you very much for providing specific links to debunk specific things BN said.

The computer stuff is confusing enough for those of us who dont speak the language. It helps to not have to determine whether posts are based on fact or opinion, or whether or not they are on point or educated stabs in the dark.

BBM

Or just another of Dog-In-The-Eye Guy's uneducated guesses...

I'm still not understanding if this computer thing has the potential to affect the GUILTY verdict.

If what the DT alleges is true, and they could prove it very well could.

But since it isn't, so they can't, it won't.

Does JSS sentence CMJA ?

And God forbid if JSS sentences CMJA because she will NOT give her LWOP IMO !

:moo:

I really don't think JA is ingratiating herself with the judge. I would think the opposite is true.

JSS is aware of way more shenanigans than we are! I'll bet she doesn't appreciate all these tangles in the least. The DT/JA behavior can't be doing any favors for an LWP sentence. We have an aggravating trial(s) for an aggravated murder: I'll bet anything, we have a very aggrieved judge.
I really don't see, after the way the DT has been treating the judge and her court, that the DT is creating any kind of favorable impression that would lead a judge to go for the most lenient possible sentence.

Regarding whether JM can subpoena DT witnesses....

Yes, absolutely.

Why would JM choose not to subpoena the recalcitrant DT witnesses? I.e. what might backfire if he did so?

What were the ages differences between Joshua and Travis? My mind went to something similar....like Travis did something to Joshua. Arias is very creative and she has had a year to make up something new.

Well yes, as art copiers and forgers go, she is creative.

And can she ever lie!

:liar::liar:

Regarding whether JM can subpoena DT witnesses....

Why would JM choose not to subpoena the recalcitrant DT witnesses? I.e. what might backfire if he did so?

Really nothing. He would prevent the post-conviction argument that Nurmi rendered ineffective assistance of counsel by not subpoenaing them. JM wouldn't have to actually call them to the stand.

If JA continues to refuse to testify for whatever reason, but especially the reasons covered by the CoA, that would make her available immediately for cross, no? It's her right not to testify, but it's not her right not to submit to cross if she's already testified. She can say she won't testify any more (public or no public) all she wants, but that won't let her avoid being called for cross, like, tomorrow?

Why is a convicted murderer allowed to dictate terms of testifying? Why wasn't she forced to testify this week? Because they're working on a two track stall? Supreme court stall and *advertiser censored* too?

Answers:

Sherry Stephens, Sherry Stephens, yes, a two-fer with Sherry's assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members