Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Juan won a motion that said none of the witnesses could talk about any *advertiser censored* on the computer until the whole computer matter is settled. I believe that is why Jodi is refusing to go back on the stand at this point. They are saying it is because of the COA ruling but I believe it is because she has major lies she wants to say about *advertiser censored* on the computer. IMO Jodi's planned testimony will only work if computer *advertiser censored* comes in. Time for them to come up with another plan.

Per BK. One of the 3 witnesses refused to write an affadavit. One hasn't responded. All 3 "refuse to participate." And one will only testify if the media is kicked out.

What a joke.

And JSKS will dutifully obey them all.

What blows my mind is that the Judge during the last penalty phase simply said 'Fine, your mitigation witnesses do not wish to testify, let's move on to the allocution' but this time around she is willing to risk a mistrial?? What happened to this Judge?

When ALV and Samuels acted this way, we chalked it up to their personal feelings for the defendant.

Henceforth, JSKS gets the benefit of that same fading doubt.

I understood where you were coming from, LinTX.

Judge just ruffles my feathers sometimes the way she allows herself to be used.

You're being too kind.

No one makes this judge do anything.

She is doing exactly as she determines to do.

A running list of the won'ts and can'ts :

1. The defendant won't testify again until the COA issues a written opinion, which Nurmi will then analyze, then use as basis for taking the non-issue to the AZ Supreme Court.

2. The defendant also won't be asked to testify until evidentiary hearings conclude that were supposed to be about prosecutorial misconduct but which morphed into whether or not she'll be allowed to lie about Travis having child *advertiser censored* on the computer.

(Guessing that if JSS allows the fictional *advertiser censored* in, Nurmi will promptly assert that the computer *advertiser censored* corroborates the forged pedo letters and demand they be admitted).

3. Mystery witness 1 won't submit an affidavit.

4. Mystery witness 2 won't testify if the press is there.

5. Mystery witness 3 won't return Nurmi's phone calls.

6. Eleven new mystery witnesses' (allegedly) names are under seal and won't be revealed because of media harrassment.

7. Nurmi has officially added just one witness to his list, whose name is under seal and won't be released.

8. A defense witness whose name we aren't allowed to know was supposed to testify today but didn't, since he or she couldn't be bothered to show up.

9. BN had to be ordered 3x to turn over the HDs JM requested, and hasn't yet complied .

This is an interesting thought, but I doubt whether -- if she has testified in this re-trial of sentencing -- the DT has actually finished their direct examination of the witness.

If they have not, cross examination is not yet in order.

Her calculus is that she has nothing to lose.

What will the judge do to her if she refuses to testify or to submit to cross-examination?

Find her in contempt and order her jailed until she complies?

An actual judge would move on with this trial, including trying her in absentia if necessary.

But I would never accuse JSKS of being an actual judge.

I didn't know Detective Flores is now a PIO/media relations. I wonder if he is still a detective?

http://www.mesaaz.gov/police/media/default.aspx

He is. I just read about a missing child wandering around Mesa and HE was the detective listed in the article as being picking up the lost child. Apparently this 3 year old had just been taken from his mommy and placed in foster care and was upset and went out looking for his mom

You're being too kind.

No one makes this judge do anything.

She is doing exactly as she determines to do.

What happened to holding witnesses in contempt of court? This Judge is fully aware of what she is supposed to do but does pretty much the opposite anyway. I believe that she has radically changed since the last trial and for some reason is willing to risk the outcome of this trial for the one who has been convicted of butchering a man to death. Secrecy + delays + hostile witnesses + more delays + more secrecy = no death penalty.

1. The defendant won't testify again until the COA issues a written opinion, which Nurmi will then analyze, then use as basis for taking the non-issue to the AZ Supreme Court.

2. The defendant also won't be asked to testify until evidentiary hearings conclude that were supposed to be about prosecutorial misconduct but which morphed into whether or not she'll be allowed to lie about Travis having child *advertiser censored* on the computer.

(Guessing that if JSS allows the fictional *advertiser censored* in, Nurmi will promptly assert that the computer *advertiser censored* corroborates the forged pedo letters and demand they be admitted).

6. Eleven new mystery witnesses' (allegedly) names are under seal and won't be revealed because of media harrassment.

7. Nurmi has officially added just one witness to his list, whose name is under seal and won't be released.

8. A defense witness whose name we aren't allowed to know was supposed to testify today but didn't, since he or she couldn't be bothered to show up.

9. BN had to be ordered 3x to turn over the HDs JM requested, and hasn't yet complied .

SMDH. All this secrecy like it's a mafia/terrorism case.

10. 'Judge' won't allow the jury to sentence the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

This is an interesting thought, but I doubt whether -- if she has testified in this re-trial of sentencing -- the DT has actually finished their direct examination of the witness.

If they have not, cross examination is not yet in order.

Her calculus is that she has nothing to lose.

What will the judge do to her if she refuses to testify or to submit to cross-examination?

Find her in contempt and order her jailed until she complies?

An actual judge would move on with this trial, including trying her in absentia if necessary.

But I would never accuse JSKS of being an actual judge.

But my understanding is that if JA does not let herself be crossed than any testimony she has already given will be thrown out. This is such a weird trial. We should only be discussing whether or not her life is worth saving and instead this judge thinks we need to further trash Travis for some reason.

No jury trial today, 6.5 days of trial since Nurmi took over, Dec. 18 is next week, now saying they won't do their jobs until they have justification for the CoA order to proceed with trial like everyone else has had to do for decades. There are no rules/laws/orders that are obeyed in this trial because there are no consequences for bad behaviors. IMO

The problem is there are more paths to formally complain when one gets a ruling they don't like. If the judge rules and DT wants to push it then there is the CoA. If the CoA rules and DT doesn't like their ruling there's the state supreme court (maybe, if the supreme court takes the issue on). All of these actions cause delays, and if I understand it correctly, the judge's hands are tied until there's a final decision. She already gave the computer guy more time and no one else will take the stand.

Thank You for ALL you do!

Kinda' puts it perspective ...doesn't it? Maybe Sherry can use your statistics in her fight for re-election in 2016.

;)

Another day and nothing accomplished except giggles at the sizzle bar. Was it mentioned if JM was also included? Don't know....can't imagine what they found so funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:seeya: Couldn't stand to tune in for court today. For good reason, it seems. Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487