Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/09-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis says 'let's break up' and she tells others that he said ' let's get official'. Travis tells her 'I wouldn't want you as my wife if you were the last woman on earth' and she tells the world that he said 'If I marry you it would be like winning the wife lottery'.

I don't believe anything written down in her journals. And the words that come out of her mouth might as well be incoherent noise. Blah, blah, blah...she's full of carp!

Fraud, fake, phony, deceiver, charlatan...just a few words to describe this criminal and her mouthpieces.

Killer has for all her life lied...even to herself.

Eventually a lot of them will get remorse after thinking about it. JMO

Probably. But it would have to be buyer's remorse. I think anyone who would support a diabolical killer might themselves have problems feeling any other kind.

I think we're basically saying the same thing. The motivations I cited would lead to the character traits that you did.

I think you were and I think you're both right. There are people who consider themselves on another plane than the rest of us sheep. They're the ones who get it. These people are prone to conspiracy theories even when there are none. They're here to inform us of the evils of big government and the law. Both JW and SW strike me as these kinds of people. They're the "truth" finders. "Inconvenient Truths" to be exact. It gives them a high horse to sit up on.

:seeya: YESorNO !

:tyou: for posting these updates !

:thinking: Just had an idea:

Wouldn't it save a lot of time if a Minute Entry was filed and read as follows:

*** Electronically Filed ***
12/10/2014 8:00 AM

IT IS ORDERED vacating continued Evidentiary Hearing on Defense Motion to Dismiss
on 12/10/14 and resetting same on 12/11/14 at 9:30 a.m. in this division.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the Re-Trial of the Penalty Phase is INDEFINITELY CONTINUED in this division,
and will resume in this cause when ALL of :Crown: Her Majesty's :Crown: appeals have been filed with the COA and the Arizona Supreme Court,
and all written rulings of the COA and the Arizona Supreme Court have been received by this Court.

Seriously, this IS what is happening !

:gaah:

Killer has for all her life lied...even to herself.

Yep. Even in her own personal journals.

I remember being struck by her journal entry on Lonny's baptism. She writes that she 's thinking about going with friends to ...and she writes "skiing," then crosses it out and writes something else. She doesn't ski. She knows she doesn't ski.

So why write it? I think its because she literally doesn't have any truth in her. Everything is a story in progress that she makes up as she goes along. Even something as mundane as her plans for a day.

JA and her Defense are under the impression that they set the rules of the court and can say and do what they want, when they want.

The chances of this court operating on any sort of time table that makes sense, is equal to my chances of saddling The Loch Ness Monster and riding him thru the Bermuda Triangle. I am sick to death of all HER rights to a fair trial and hearing that SHE is fighting for HER LIFE. What about Travis's life? Did he get a second chance to fight for his life???

:seeya:

BBM: Yep, and this is because JSS has allowed this to happen and unless she gets a pair, CMJA and her DT WILL continue to rule the Court !

:moo:

Travis says 'let's break up' and she tells others that he said ' let's get official'. Travis tells her 'I wouldn't want you as my wife if you were the last woman on earth' and she tells the world that he said 'If I marry you it would be like winning the wife lottery'.

...and having to pay back 90% in taxes.

I remember being struck by her journal entry on Lonny's baptism. She writes that she 's thinking about going with friends to ...and she writes "skiing," then crosses it out and writes something else. She doesn't ski. She knows she doesn't ski.

So why write it? I think its because she literally doesn't have any truth in her. Everything is a story in progress that she makes up as she goes along. Even something as mundane as her plans for a day.

She must have temporarily lost her handy "rolodex of lies" that day

While this case is far different than any other the poly results will not come in.

When poly results are entered at trial both sides have to agree to it.

Juan is never going to agree for it to come in. He knows psychopaths can pass a poly with flying colors.... just like the serial killer, Gary Ridgeway, did even though he had murdered over and over again. He doesn't want someone on the jury believing she passed because she is telling the truth because he knows she isn't and isn't capable of telling the truth.

IMO

In order to allow any polygraph result in during the sentencing phase, JSS would have to reverse her ruling and go against the Arizona Supreme Court who has ruled on the admissibility of polygraphs as mitigation evidence (inadmissible, as they go to residual doubt, which the defendant has no constitutional or statuory right to present in the penalty phase) - which we understand what this attempt would be, to retry the guilt phase and proclaim some fashion of innocence to the crime she's been convicted of. I suppose it's possible she took a polygraph 'under seal' but it'll never come in, and frankly I don't think she's anywhere as good of a liar as she thinks she is (we spot them easily, I think the polygraph machinery would as well).

Sometimes it's hard to remember this is not a guilt phase trial. Jodi is GUILTY. Only official appeals which take many years can change that.

As frustrated and not taken in by this butcher as we are, I can only imagine what this is doing to the psyche of the jurors. They will be considerate of the facts of the case no doubt, but they are still only human.

IMO, the DT is making every attempt possible right now to stall, stall, stall. Even more than they have wanted to stall proceedings in the past. I think Nurmi hopes this goes well into February when there is possibility of a ruling on that DP issue (the joinder). Is he hoping the DP will have to be dismissed prior to a verdict? I think he might be.

Probably. But it would have to be buyer's remorse. I think anyone who would support a diabolical killer might themselves have problems feeling any other kind.

Many of them 'support' Arias by praising her appearance and mocking the autopsy photos.

Many of them 'support' Arias by praising her appearance and mocking the autopsy photos.

IMO, they are sticking it to LE/prosecutors/what was called "The Establishment" years ago, when they do that in support of a killer. IOW, some people who are taken with the killer are actually anti-Establishment more than pro-Arias. JMO.

I read somewhere once that when sociopaths keep journals, they even lie in them and fall back to crafting a narcissistic fantasy world, even though these are personal journals. Even the very act of keeping a personal journal is a lie to project something to the outside world and convince themselves of something. Their journals are like their little novels in which they are the star. Her journals were so manipulative and so Jodi.

Snipped with love from Hope4More post a page back:

"Her underlying question- what changed? What happened to this otherwise normal young woman, who held down jobs and bought a house and had long term relationships that ended in friendships?

Their answer is Travis happened, if course. But what was it about Travis that could cause an otherwise normal woman to kill him so brutally?"

I hope, if possible, that this question/accusation (of pedophilia) could be responded to with "What changed? I'll tell you what changed! Travis called her out for what she is. A sociopath. Soul less. Evil. That type of understanding and exposure CANNOT GO UNPUNISHED, so she killed him."

I wonder who is in possession of Travis' journals and ring she stole, don't think she threw them away.

Auntie seems very involved from day one, i.e. found phone. I'd love for anyone in her family to get on stand, but they can't as they know the real Jodi, and too much of her past would come out. Bet, we only know a small part of what she has done to other people. She takes revenge seriously. imo

I read somewhere once that when sociopaths keep journals, they even lie in them and fall back to crafting a narcissistic fantasy world, even though these are personal journals. Even the very act of keeping a personal journal is a lie to project something to the outside world and convince themselves of something. Her journals were so manipulative and so Jodi.

Exactly! We all assume that journal writing is a process of expressing one's inner self, but sociopaths have no inner self.

I wonder who is in possession of Travis' journals and ring she stole, don't think she threw them away.

Auntie seems very involved from day one, i.e. found phone. I'd love for anyone in her family to get on stand, but they can't as they know the real Jodi, and too much of her past would come out. Bet, we only know a small part of what she has done to other people. She takes revenge seriously. imo

I'd be surprised if she didn't shred them. Perhaps Travis wrote about the crazy stalker in there. I will never forget that ALV felt the need to apologize to her client for reading her journals while conveniently and diabolically ignoring the fact that Arias stole Travis' journals.

I remember a particular letter she wrote, I don't remember to whom, but it was regarding a gathering about Travis, possibly his funeral or memorial, although she attended his memorial so I don't think it was that, but it was about the scuttlebutt in the community about her possible involvement in Travis' death. To paraphrase:

"It has come to my attention that rumors are circulating about my possible involvement in Travis' death. I request that any discussions of this matter to please include, in the interest of fairness, the fact that one is to be considered innocent until proven guilty."

It's nuts, and shows the level of control she sought to impose, and the primary importance to her of her image, how she was perceived. Her social life had no depth. Her appearance to others was the beginning and the end of reality to her in terms of social interaction. What she actually did didn't matter, as long as she got away with it and it didn't tarnish her image, it was fine.

Does anyone remember that letter, who it was sent to and when?

I remember a particular letter she wrote, I don't remember to whom, but it was regarding a gathering about Travis, possibly his funeral or memorial, although she attended his memorial so I don't think it was that, but it was about the scuttlebutt in the community about her possible involvement in Travis' death. To paraphrase:

"It has come to my attention that rumors are circulating about my possible involvement in Travis' death. I request that any discussions of this matter to please include, in the interest of fairness, the fact that one is to be considered innocent until proven guilty."

It's nuts, and shows the level of control she sought to impose, and the primary importance to her of her image, how she was perceived. Her social life had no depth. Her appearance to others was the beginning and the end of reality to her in terms of social interaction. What she actually did didn't matter, as long as she got away with it and it didn't tarnish her image, it was fine.

Does anyone remember that letter, who it was sent to and when?

I believe she sent it to a PPL leader on September 1, 2008. The entire letter can be read here:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/10/exclusive-jodis-chilling-e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member