Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/09-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if she didn't shred them. Perhaps Travis wrote about the crazy stalker in there. I will never forget that ALV felt the need to apologize to her client for reading her journals while conveniently and diabolically ignoring the fact that Arias stole Travis' journals.

You're right, they probably have incriminating evidence in them, but it's hard to me to believe she did not hide them somewhere. She is an obsessor and I could see her wanting to review them again and again, like a trophy.

I read somewhere once that when sociopaths keep journals, they even lie in them and fall back to crafting a narcissistic fantasy world, even though these are personal journals. Even the very act of keeping a personal journal is a lie to project something to the outside world and convince themselves of something. Their journals are like their little novels in which they are the star. Her journals were so manipulative and so Jodi.

Weird. I actually feel pity for folks who have no inner sense of self and no possibility of ever loving or living in the real world. Not all of them are CMJA's.

Sociopathy isn't the whole person. Even if she weren't a sociopath I think CMJA would be an ugly person...a sadist who enjoys minimizing and hurting others.

I remember a particular letter she wrote, I don't remember to whom, but it was regarding a gathering about Travis, possibly his funeral or memorial, although she attended his memorial so I don't think it was that, but it was about the scuttlebutt in the community about her possible involvement in Travis' death. To paraphrase:

"It has come to my attention that rumors are circulating about my possible involvement in Travis' death. I request that any discussions of this matter to please include, in the interest of fairness, the fact that one is to be considered innocent until proven guilty."

It's nuts, and shows the level of control she sought to impose, and the primary importance to her of her image, how she was perceived. Her social life had no depth. Her appearance to others was the beginning and the end of reality to her in terms of social interaction. What she actually did didn't matter, as long as she got away with it and it didn't tarnish her image, it was fine.

Does anyone remember that letter, who it was sent to and when?

Yup...even while in jail on a murder charge she is concerned about her "reputation" among TA's people. FGS she knows she murdered him and feels no regret for that; her only regret is how it might affect her reputation? Controlling others and their perceptions of her is more important to her than controlling her own actions, i.e., writing such a note at that point in time (when a normal person would refrain).

Jodi also had the audacity to send a lengthy letter and flowers to Travis' Grandmother.

Weird. I actually feel pity for folks who have no inner sense of self and no possibility of ever loving or living in the real world. Not all of them are CMJA's.

Sociopathy isn't the whole person. Even if she weren't a sociopath I think CMJA would be an ugly person...a sadist who enjoys minimizing and hurting others.

There are varying levels of sociopathy. There are sociopaths who actually make it in the world and enjoy success. But I've never read an account from a successful sociopath who didn't admit to being manipulative and using others to get ahead. It's in their nature. Even those who have never killed admit they could if they were ever so inclined and pushed far enough but generally don't care enough about other people to bother. They don't always enjoy it, they just see it as a necessity though there is a probably always some semblance of a thrill involved. Not all sociopaths are sadists. Ted Bundy was. Jodi isn't. She just uses who she needs to use and destroys those who need destroying. It's a game.

Jodi is who she is because of her disordered brain. There are mean people in the world but Jodi wouldn't be what she is if she wasn't a sociopath.

I do feel sorry for them but I'm aware it's misplaced. Sociopaths don't care what they are. They like what they are. They like not being saddled with feelings of shame and guilt and laugh at those of us who do feel these things because it makes us weak and vulnerable to their whims.

About CMJA's use of the language of fairness, justice, and basic right and wrong in her recent VIP letter and the PPL letter, I'll quote Carolina Moon's signature:

"The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him." --Edward Counsel

The irony--and the truth--is rich.

ETA: One more thing, I remember reading a fabulous essay about how even dyed-in-the-wool liars don't like being lied to. Wish I could remember the author's name, but his essay was essentially a celebration of how our notions of truth and justice are central to our sense of self.

This is a topic that's very important to me and I could go on and go on, so I'll shut up now.

Last thought before I go back to enjoying a CMJA-free day.

About that 3 page letter to her supporters, whoever they may be. What's interesting to me about the letter is her obsession with that little mess.

Her two tiny camps of supporters still poke at each other in private dark holes, but the big blow up happened many weeks ago and is over with. Why the looooong letter so long after the fact?

I have an image of her in her cell, 23/24, raging because she can't control each and every one of her little band of supporters, can't prevent them from acting in her name.

I bet for her that lack of control is much worse than playing the starring role as victim in a courtroom drama.

As to where the journals went. The words and letters were cut into thousands of pieces and then transformed into pedo confessions.

My guess is that it took her a good two weeks to write, and re-write, and re-write again before she deemed it acceptable to mail.

There are varying levels of sociopathy. There are sociopaths who actually make it in the world and enjoy success. But I've never read an account from a successful sociopath who didn't admit to being manipulative and using others to get ahead. It's in their nature. Even those who have never killed admit they could if they were ever so inclined and pushed far enough but generally don't care enough about other people to bother. They don't always enjoy it, they just see it as a necessity though there is a probably always some semblance of a thrill involved. Not all sociopaths are sadists. Ted Bundy was. Jodi isn't. She just uses who she needs to use and destroys those who need destroying. It's a game.

Jodi is who she is because of her disordered brain. There are mean people in the world but Jodi wouldn't be what she is if she wasn't a sociopath.

I do feel sorry for them but I'm aware it's misplaced. Sociopaths don't care what they are. They like what they are. They like not being saddled with feelings of shame and guilt and laugh at those of us who do feel these things because it makes us weak and vulnerable to their whims.

I hear you. I disagree on your point , though, about her being a sadist. I think she is. There are too many examples of her causing gratuitous pain to people she wasn't targeting for me to believe otherwise.

And for me, the pity isn't misplaced. There is something wrong with those brains; sociopathy isn't a lifestyle choice. The sociopathic may not know what they're missing, but I do.

IMO, life is about the opportunity to love and be loved, to connect with our huge beautiful awesome world, to belong in a community, and to feel the happiness and deep satisfaction of contributing something meaningful.

None of that? Just an abyss? Yes, I think that is to be pitied.

It would make sense if the time was set in MST and was wrong because the time in AZ in the summer is in PST. MST is an hour ahead of PST.

But I can't understand what Juan is saying. Is he saying BN got it wrong when he said MST and that it was 9:27 because the computer was set in the correct zone and 10:27 is the right time? Or the opposite? OR is he saying that the time of 2:44 was wrong because the time was set in MST and would actually be 1:44 in AZ? Or is he saying something else entirely that isn't readily obvious that we will come to learn when he questions his computer expert and is just trying to get BN to commit to his words?

Come on MeeBee, you trying to confuse me more LOL. I can't work out what he's trying to say, but we all know that Juan knows. I'm sure he'll let us in on it eventually. This & the timestamps on the bedroom photos have to mean something, are we going to find out during the hearing or is JM setting BN up for something when he testifies in the trial?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/jodi-arias-lies-murder-trial-travis-alexander/

Sandra Webber • 2 years ago

I challenge Radar Online or anyone else here to find a documented source with the name of an expert handwriting analyst who judged the letters forgeries.
FB: Inconvenient Truths TV

△ ▽

What a piece of work SW is!

Are the original letters available to be examined by a handwriting expert? I challenge SW to name a professional handwriting analyst who has examined the original letters and determined them to be authentic.

ETA: OK, I see now this was from 2 years ago. So nevermind SW, or pound sand, or whatever.

Yes Marg, the time thing is confusing.
Arizona is unusual in that it does not observe Daylight Saving Time. However, California does observe it.
California is PST and Arizona is MST.

MST is one hour later than PST.
This means that during the two-thirds of the year from Spring to Fall when Ca. observes Daylight Saving Time, both states have effectively the same time. California advances its clocks by one hour (like most other states do), matching the time in Arizona (which does NOT advance its clocks).

In the Winter, when the clocks are returned to normal, there is a one-hour time difference between the two states.

So if this was in June are both effectively the same time then? If so where does the one hour difference come into it then? Or have I got your seasons mixed up. Or is it the end of June that the times become the same. See Dmacky I told you I went down the rabbit hole LOL

Come on MeeBee, you trying to confuse me more LOL. I can't work out what he's trying to say, but we all know that Juan knows. I'm sure he'll let us in on it eventually. This & the timestamps on the bedroom photos have to mean something, are we going to find out during the hearing or is JM setting BN up for something when he testifies in the trial?

Yeah I get what Juan was saying now. BN had said he had to correct the time from 10:27 to 9:27 because it was in the wrong time zone. But he says an update for Spybot happened on June 4th at 2:44 pm. Why? Because the time on the computer said so. But for it to have happened at 2:44 according to the computer, the time stamp would have to say 3:44, allowing for a correction of one hour. Either that, or you gotta correct it to 1:44. He really just fell back into "I'm just going on the time stamp" when Juan began catching him out and questioning him. But he already revealed his knowledge of an alleged incorrect time setting. And, again, if it said 2:44 on the computer, then it was really 1:44.

Or, it could be that 10:27 and 2:44 are the correct times and no adjustments were necessary. But can't be both. The only way you can have it both ways is if at some point between the update and his death Travis changed it from PST to MST. But that seems really implausible. And the computer would tell you anyway.

I think this was what he mainly was getting at, but there's a strong possibility it's a set up for something else.

My theory on what may be motivating some of her supporters:

1: They have a pre-existing aversion to the rules of society. They revolt against the concept that right and wrong can be imposed on individuals, particularly themselves, from the outside.

2: A need to feel special, a member of the elite few, misunderstood yet superior in their views and opinions. It provides them drive and motivation. and strengthens their sense of individuality.

3: They are nuts.

Exactly! We all assume that journal writing is a process of expressing one's inner self, but sociopaths have no inner self.

I don't think that's true. They have an inner self, but it's isolated, separate, distinct, unaffected by interaction with others except on a superficial level. Far from not being real, it alone is what's real to them. That's why they only care about others as far as they can manipulate them, and have no feelings of empathy or remorse in how they treat others. If they were empty inside, they would have no self-motivation. They have plenty of motivation, drive, and schemes to manipulate and get what they want. There is an emptiness about them, but it's an emptiness of interaction, of bringing anything real to the mix. That they cannot do, because their inner self sits alone, real but seperate because it's their only reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010