Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/09-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sister who was diagnosed BPD- within a short period of time (1 or 2 sessions) she dropped the therapist. As I read up on the disorder I came to the conclusion the diagnosis was accurate. My sister does have a heart but her spirit has been damaged and injured through her experiences in our family. She is definitely not a sociopath, so maybe there in lies the difference. She tries really hard to be a good person and most of the time she is a lot of fun to be around (for short periods of time- we live two hours apart). She just loses it at times and has an extremely difficult time in male/female relationships. She does have longtime friends but has never been able to work for someone- she seems to only be able to work for herself. Her business relationships always seem to end in disaster too. Her abandonment issues are all consuming. I really do believe her disorder stems from familial trauma.

I'm confused. :blushing: :dunno:
Court doesn't resume this morning?
Forgive me..I'm at work and trying super hard to read everything but my screen minimizing is soooo obvious :hiding:

No court today.
Tomorrow continues with hearing on the computer (no jury present until Monday)

That CMJA letter was so manipulative. Even her handwriting is controlled, small, and looks like she's pressing hard on the paper, as if to grab the reader by the face and force them to believe her words, listen to her words- yet small to not throw so much unneeded attention to put off everyone. It and she attracts a certain kind of person, and that's why she needs to be isolated. She's dangerous to society and humanity over all.

Is this a new letter? Can someone post a link to it? Tia!

Eta: never mind. Someone posted it on the next page!

I have a medical appt in the morning and can't join here until later in the day. I so want to "envision" how BN and JM will spar tomorrow (since we have to imagine via tweets).

I wish one of the reporters tweeting was a good writer and would tell us the story of what is actually happening. I guess I want someone who prides themselves on narrative descriptive with all the facts of what is happening. (ie: Dr. MF spats out the "slime highway" accusation at JM while clenching her fist). I get so tired of the clothing, food, silly, tweets and yet I know that I would probably be doing (at least feeling) the same way with all of the sidebars, secret in chamber and in hall conferences, and such. The twittertrial mode cannot be the "lease restrictive way" that JSS can come up with - there has been nothing in testimony during this phase that has been anymore scandalous than the pics and phone call of sex talk.

There has been no real threat to any of the witnesses (except chicken bones and hyperventilating), if there were - then use the appropriate channels to arrest the individual and provide police protection. The overkill in allowing such leeway in rulings, orders, extra time for witnesses who cannot obey court orders (for whatever reason), and secrecy is so over the top that I believe this case will live on in infamy for the worst reasons. (or make new case law for never allowing this again?) MO

It is confusing since all we have is what the tweeters are reporting (and some snippets from Beth's paid site), I don't think it has as much to do with time zones as it does whether or not Travis unticked the box to have Windows adjust automatically for DST - to me that seems the most likely scenario for JM pointing out that times of his laptop are an hour ahead of actual AZ time. Once we see the video, or hopefully when the hearing continues we'll get more information about this. Below I pasted all the tweets from the other 2 threads about the time and Spybot, just so we keep in mind what we've been told:
--

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- It says changed on 12/2007. What's the date of the access time 6/4/2008 at 2:44 #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- But it's actually at 1:44pm not 2:44pm. SO this means TA was accessing Spy Bot on this date & time
Bryan- Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Was this installed at June 3, 2008?
Bryan- It could be installed and re installed #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- When was it installed on June 3, 2008?
Judge has called recess until 1:30pm #jodiarias #3tvaria

After lunch:

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- was SpyBot run in May of 2008?
Bryan- He needs to do more things to find this information out #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- May 27th, 2008 after 11pm is was run?
Bryan- I can't give exact info with running a report #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- Go to May 27th, 2008
Bryan- Well there is mortified and change #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan-Go to that one
Bryan- why would you want me to go to that one
Juan basically says just do it #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan- So you can't tell me anything
Bryan- I needed to know this ahead of time #jodiarias #3tvarias
---

That's the end of the time/Spybot discussion as far as I can see.

Beth Karas did bring up something about MST and how BN corrected it from 10:27 to 9:27 on June 10, 2008 because of the time zone difference. That would have been in the first hearing, not last week's. Someone posted a snippet of the notes. This did not come through at all in the tweets. He questioned him about it while questioning him about the difference between 2:44 and 1:44. Beth posts a lot things that are not in tweets. This did help clear up Juan's questioning on it being 1:44 and not 2:44. We didn't understand.

Is there an easy way to enlarge the text of the letter? Zooming in does nothing when I try it....

Is there an easy way to enlarge the text of the letter? Zooming in does nothing when I try it....

I was only able to do so with "Control +" and I had to get close to my screen to read (make out words).

The defense's mitigation testimony is beginning in Eric Williams capital murder trial - I'll post again when they finish, just so we can compare how a more normal trial operates. ;)

Doesn't parading around the courtroom in clothes she has no business wearing count? How about lipstick model? Professional gum smacker? Official passer of documents between the killer and her mother when it's clearly against the rules?

Humans! Your Earth rules mean nothing on our planet.

I right clicked on it, opened in new window, then settings clicked enlarge zoom. I use win 8

I have a sister who was diagnosed BPD- within a short period of time (1 or 2 sessions) she dropped the therapist. As I read up on the disorder I came to the conclusion the diagnosis was accurate. My sister does have a heart but her spirit has been damaged and injured through her experiences in our family. She is definitely not a sociopath, so maybe there in lies the difference. She tries really hard to be a good person and most of the time she is a lot of fun to be around (for short periods of time- we live two hours apart). She just loses it at times and has an extremely difficult time in male/female relationships. She does have longtime friends but has never been able to work for someone- she seems to only be able to work for herself. Her business relationships always seem to end in disaster too. Her abandonment issues are all consuming. I really do believe her disorder stems from familial trauma.

And I was married to a guy later diagnosed both antisocial and narcissistic. I spent years after our relationship learning everything I could about the Cluster B's. I was determined to never fall victim to someone like that again. He was horrifically abused and humiliated as a child. There's pretty substantial evidence to suggest conduct disorder (used to dx antisocial) by his mid-teens.

He was the epitome of any predator or abuser someone reads about. Charming, perfect, funny, gregarious. Everyone who met him loved him. He didn't have any long-time friends but I didn't think about it because he'd moved around a lot. He'd been married previously too and that relationship lasted 7 years.

Every personality disorder is different and everyone that is afflicted with them is different too. I consider borderlines to truly be their own worst enemy - but there are some who are highly manipulative and extremely emotionally (at least) abusive. All four of them are so similar, but with different motivations.

Any borderline fears abandonment. But so too does a narcissist - though they fear what it projects to those they deem matter and loss of their narcissistic supply. The overwhelming majority of them have issues with interpersonal relationships because, in reality, dealing with their PD 24/7 is exhausting. The best way I have to describe it is loving a porcupine. They might be cute and look friendly - but damn they hurt. They push everyone away. Narcissists and antisocials tend to hurt outward. Borderlines and histrionics tend to hurt inward - but their actions can have incredibly harmful affects on those around them. My ex systematically sabotaged every relationship - very often doing the unthinkable to those who once loved him. It seemed a self-fulfilling prophecy since he often told people they'd end up leaving him.

Borderline and severe early childhood trauma go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Most borderlines are women and most of those women have suffered abuse. Many times a cluster B disorder is co-existing with other disorders or illness - which contributes a lot to why some turn out like Jodi while others could never harm a fly.

I am sorry your sister has such a rough go of it. There's a lot of stigma (some well deserved) when it comes to PD. I think of all of them borderline is probably the most misunderstood. This is a really great website that probably saved my sanity, should you ever need it:

http://outofthefog.net/

So if this was in June are both effectively the same time then? If so where does the one hour difference come into it then? Or have I got your seasons mixed up. Or is it the end of June that the times become the same. See Dmacky I told you I went down the rabbit hole LOL

LOL Now I am confused. It seems I am in the rabbit hole with you :smile:
You are right about both states being the same time in June. :thinking: TA and JA started dating in 2006. DST was extended by a month in 2007. If that helps :confused:
I am totally lost.

From 1986 to 2006 this was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it is observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time. (See: New Federal Law.)

Read more: Daylight Saving Time | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/daylight1.html#ixzz3LWVZHyyb

I have a medical appt in the morning and can't join here until later in the day. I so want to "envision" how BN and JM will spar tomorrow (since we have to imagine via tweets).

I wish one of the reporters tweeting was a good writer and would tell us the story of what is actually happening. I guess I want someone who prides themselves on narrative descriptive with all the facts of what is happening. (ie: Dr. MF spats out the "slime highway" accusation at JM while clenching her fist). I get so tired of the clothing, food, silly, tweets and yet I know that I would probably be doing (at least feeling) the same way with all of the sidebars, secret in chamber and in hall conferences, and such. The twittertrial mode cannot be the "lease restrictive way" that JSS can come up with - there has been nothing in testimony during this phase that has been anymore scandalous than the pics and phone call of sex talk.

There has been no real threat to any of the witnesses (except chicken bones and hyperventilating), if there were - then use the appropriate channels to arrest the individual and provide police protection. The overkill in allowing such leeway in rulings, orders, extra time for witnesses who cannot obey court orders (for whatever reason), and secrecy is so over the top that I believe this case will live on in infamy for the worst reasons. (or make new case law for never allowing this again?) MO

The problem with twitter is that people have to post in short bursts. It's almost like text messaging. They have to go very fast. When you are limited that way, all kinds of grammatical problems can rear their heads (like vague pronouns) and confuse readers. For instance, I have at least twice seen a tweeter refer to two males and then use the pronoun HE--but we don't know which one HE refers to.

Some people are better at Twitter than others. I don't mind a little humor and think that WAT (in the mornings) is good at it. He uses euphemisms and expressions that get his audience very used to the process. It's really hard for me to keep reading tweets that contain consistent errors, like someone's using 'S for a simple plural or misspelling words.

It might be more interesting to have people blogging in the courtroom rather than tweeting. The instant gratification would be lost, but I think most of us would be willing to wait for a blog during the middle of the day and/or at the end of it.

Both the killer and Alyce LaV testified that Travis committed violence upon the person of Arias, beginning October of 2007. After the two of them argued heatedly, "he shoved her her, pushing her to her knees." I don't find this credible but LaV did. I can readily believe that Arias indulged in the drama of sinking to her knees in tears at least once in their relationship, like a silent film actress. She always aims for the maximum drama & shock in her histrionics that move from choke outs to body slams and much, much more.

The incident of January 21, 2008 belies the record of that day & the next which Martinez presented in court. For me, it was always the sort of flawed lie that stops the listener. Arias tells us she walked in on her sexual partner, unannounced, and was the accidental recipient of the photograph on paper of a boy about five in briefs. Would there be reason to believe this was a picture of Travis in briefs (which we have seen)? Was there a reason to assume it was not Travis but a child he lusted after, known or unknown? Would her mind immediately smack Travis with the label pedophile?

* As Val1 produced for us, there was a March 10, 2013 juror question: "Travis stated on the phone sex that he didn't like spidernan---why did he buy you spidey underwear?" Arias answered, "I don't know. There was a child he was close with." My interpretation of this liar's reply that says less than it evades is that the picture of Travis with his dad is a mental fixture for her, all too useful. "The child he was close with" is he, Travis. There never was another four or five year old but she incorporated him, yes abusing him again in death, as the victim in her pedophilia slander.

We do know this continuous maligning of her victim defeats the mitigation of remorse.

*page 23, Thread closed prior to this one, Post#568. Date 12/06/1014, 7:24 p.m.

Wow JA finally became a somebody. She's a leader of a bunch of nuts. Maybe she can tell the jury when she's up there. Add it to her list of things she does/will do if they spare her life...

Exactly....for once in her pathetic life she feels empowered. Yuck.

And as for the sadism meme....let's not forget the poor dog and cat.

BBM

This is where it gets confusing, 50MG of files were downloaded & written onto hard drive. JM asked at what time & BN answers 10:27, JM says was actually 9:27 Mesa time. BN goes on to say these are the times the computer log showed, JM states that BN previously testified that it was MST. BN says this is what the computer says & JM asks did you misquote when you said 9:27. I'm confused, isn't MST & Mesa time the same? Have I gone down the rabbit hole also?

Lol. I truly believe anyone who has even sort of followed this case for 5 minutes has felt like they've gone down the rabbit hole.

Yep, as far as her determining who's for or against her, it doesn't take her long.
"show me the money."

She has to keep her family happy, bet Auntie smells a book deal, or lifetime movie...yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee