Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on twitter that Zoey asked Tammy Rose about the interview with Juror #3 and if that could be why the jurors were called in.

Tammy says if you watch the whole video (she doesn't say where it's available) it is clear that the jurors were not discussing it. So, no, that shouldn't be it.

Sorry, I don't know how to copy/paste.

Totally agree Shady Lady, I have seen similar posts from another poster using anonymous that sound exactly like Lulus'. I think ALV could be using these anonymous names to put this drivel out. The posts sound verbig snip on and in writing. I felt vindicated and my son's football coach was behind him 100%. No more problems after that. This ALV wantabee knew better than to abuse my sons rights again. Best $800.00 I ever spent.

I hate posting too much personal stuff online. But, when someone claims rape or domestic violence, they need to give details. I think too many people nowdays make claims for other reasons other than the truth [not talking about Cosby issue here!!]. Like a pendulum that has swung too far. And these so called "experts" have made a living from it. Glad you got to the truth for your son.

I have a question for AZL if she stops in:

Is there any legal reason that would prevent JM from stating in his summation that on the one hand KN embraced Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD and never called her expertise, diagnostic evaluations, qualifications and years of experience into question while on the other hand dismissed the very same expertise, evaluative practices and results, qualifications, and years of experience when it came to her lack of diagnosis in regard to PTSD. Once again, you can't have it both ways, and this is just another example of a pattern on the part of the DT in which anyone who disagrees with them are subject to personal attacks and name calling rather than on matters of law and substance. Because essentially the DT has treated this witness as a credible expert when it benefited their case and devalued this witness when her expertise hurt their case.
This is great and along the same thoughts I posted. Seems to want it both ways & sounds entitled to have this (with JSS blessing). Reading the excellent discussions on this thread prior about members helping us with the BPD explanations- sounds to me Nurms has it too! Actually the whole DT- ja's manipulation of them? It goes around & around.

This would be a huge outrage IMO. I can't see her going this way as she has been privy to everything that has gone on...all the lies, manipulations, and every other BS thing that has transpired via the whims of the murderess.

If she does in fact end up determining her sentence, and she doesn't give LWOP, her actions should be subject to severe scrutiny.

All MOO

On days when court IS held, things typically run late as everyone waits for JSS to handle other cases before her. More than once I can recall WAT reporting JSS handing down pretty stiff sentences, even with teary-eyed & somewhat sympathetic defendants. I think her courtroom demeanor is deceiving; she has shown she CAN be a formidable and decisive voice for justice.

Judge No guts.
What has JSS done at anytime since day one that has shown any guts at all? I don't expect any forthcoming. She shows no judicial decorum on the bench, she comes off like a limp rag to me. So overly accommodating she has probably ruined the process.

There are some specifics for Arizona in this regard.
A. Age (A.R.S. 13-701(E)(1))
“Arizona law requires that the trial court ‘consider the age of the defendant’ as a statutory mitigating circumstance when determining sentences imposed for non-capital offenses

This was from a informative post on page 5. However, in bold is states, non-capital offenses, which this case is not. So, what am I missing? Age shouldn't be considered, right?

Physically and sexually abused? LOL. Forgive me for laughing.

Physically abused? Who? The woman who hit her brother with a baseball bat, kicked a dog and made him disappear, squeezed a cat too hard, kicked holes in walls, stalked a vulnerable man over and over again, slashed his tires and finally butchered him to death?

Sexual abuse? The one who has been prozzie-like since her teenage years, doing it with anything that moves in order to get what she wants, using sex to manipulate men, using religion as a means to satisfy her base desires, the one who was grinding and flirting with a man hours after committing a gruesome murder, the promiscuous one who couldn't even pretend to be chaste if her life depended on it?

What a joke.
Prozzie-like...seriously I love it and can't stop giggling. Thank you Rose222

I got from tweets of Dr. DeMarte's testimony that BPD causes frantic efforts to stay connected, tremendous fear of abandonment, idealization followed by devaluing, but did she explain why JA became homicidal and was able to make elaborate plans to escape detection?

No, I don't believe Dr. D covered it.

But I can explain it.

The killer is EVIL.

She hated her victim and wanted to torture-slaughter him so that he suffered as he died.

Planning and cover-up?

In addition to being extraordinarily EVIL, she is a selfish and irresponsible coward.

That is all.

Why is it the second there is any delay in the trial there is a jump on the bandwagon, gang up to bash JSS mentality???? She got blamed for the Christmas holidays and the Super Bowl. This delay is because the DT had to go before the Supreme Court for their appeal. Nothing to do with how JSS runs her courtroom!

The jurors are NOT ALLOWED to say anything about the trial until deliberations start. NOTHING. Can't even talk about how a witness looks or how they walk or laugh. NADA.

And this nitwit is saying they did by saying ' WE WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED.'

The dismissed juror has an axe to grind: her 15 minutes of fame is long over. She never seemed like someone whose word you could trust: remember why she was in trouble with the law?

I avoid Irving Texas as much as I can. My heart pounds in my chest, I hyperventilate (I guess I could be having a nervous breakdown according to Dr. Jodi), my hands shake, and I remember every detail of what happened to me. That to me is PTSD. Not Oh can we drive by Travis's after she killed him.

The trigger question gave me pause because of Candy Montgomery. She killed Betty Gore by whacking her with an axe forty times. Candy said her trigger was Betty (the victim fault of course) said shhhh and Candy remember her mother telling her to shhhh in the ER when was little and getting stitches, so she went nuts. I think this jury will be like Darryl B. He said he doesn't like state killings - but that Jodi needed help and should never be let out of prison.

Then none of them should be on the jury if they don't like state killings. They said they could impose the sentence of death.

Have people considered that JSS is actually allowing the DT to object, approach, claim mistrials etc basically just to ensure that these things cannot be used to say CMJA didn't have a fair trial once she is sentenced? I don't think she is a bad judge at all. I think she is playing it wisely. She is allowing the DT to get all this out of the way now and then they can't say "the judge wasn't fair to us" on appeal. The only one thing I have against JSS is that she allows the DT to go over and over the same things with witnesses meaning they are on the stand far longer than needs be.

Why is it the second there is any delay in the trial there is a jump on the bandwagon, gang up to bash JSS mentality???? She got blamed for the Christmas holidays and the Super Bowl. This delay is because the DT had to go before the Supreme Court for their appeal. Nothing to do with how JSS runs her courtroom!

One minute I no longer trust her....the next I think it will all turn out in the end. But, I do think she is out matched by Nurmi/wilmot. By number of sidebars alone. If it were not for Juan, I think the first trial might have turned out very differently, and that scares me.

On days when court IS held, things typically run late as everyone waits for JSS to handle other cases before her. More than once I can recall WAT reporting JSS handing down pretty stiff sentences, even with teary-eyed & somewhat sympathetic defendants. I think her courtroom demeanor is deceiving; she has shown she CAN be a formidable and decisive voice for justice.

You and a couple others here have restored in me a speck of hope. I desperately need that because without it things look...hopeless.

One minute I no longer trust her....the next I think it will all turn out in the end. But, I do think she is out matched by Nurmi/wilmot. By number of sidebars alone. If it were not for Juan, I think the first trial might have turned out very differently, and that scares me.

Yes, but Juan is the very reason Jodi will get Death. He is the best prosecutor I have ever seen, and I've followed a few trials. Nurmi and Wilmott are going all out for Jodi. She won't be able to claim Ineffective Counsel, but she'll try. She'll easily throw them under the bus when it's all over. She hates Nurmi.

Seahawks should have won! I definitely blame JSS for THAT....

wait, that's not what you mean, is it?
[emoji53]

You and a couple others here have restored in me a speck of hope. I desperately need that because without it things look...hopeless.

Thank you because I'm sick and tired of all the JSS bashing. :clap:Yes it's a long trial. No, we haven't had a mistrial due to juror attrition. Juan will win Death for Jodi and JSS won't hinder him from doing so. Hang in there.

Seahawks should have won! I definitely blame JSS for THAT....

wait, that's not what you mean, is it?
[emoji53]
:laugh: I was waiting for that one. I did watch the game, and it was a shame Seattle didn't pull it out. Even though I was sick as a dog and football isn't my game, but I don't like that a team of cheaters and murderers won.

lol....the reason the case is even before the Supremes is because of Sherry!! That pesky constitution she chose to ignore....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres