Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when Dr. Hayes would show up, because wasn't she on Juan's witness list for this phase? She has experience in making Geff look bad and in backing up DeMarte.

I love Dr Hayes most of all. I hope she is on his witness list but wonder why the DT wouldn't have filed a motion or 10 to stop her if she was.

I think JSS did give Nurmi time to interview Smith. IIRC, JM also said the law did not require a report from Smith but there would be one in approximately 2 weeks or so.

*I really think the defense has just about run out of motions to file and out of delays to ask for.

MOO

Thanks. I agree he's running out of delay options, but sadly, am not so sure he's out of ideas for motions. Witness his latest based on arm flailing ....

I've read some but not enough about the 9th Circuit's DP reviews. I know they're anti-DP, and that many think they search for novel approaches to overturn DP sentences. I keep thinking that's what Nurmi is going for. He's lost the COA and the SC. The 9th Circuit is more likely to be sympathetic if he gives them a reason to be.

I think JSS did give Nurmi time to interview Smith. IIRC, JM also said the law did not require a report from Smith but there would be one in approximately 2 weeks or so.

*I really think the defense has just about run out of motions to file and out of delays to ask for.

MOO

Your first point is as I recall things happened.

As to your second point, I fear you may underestimate the DT. For example, tomorrow we may hear "We conducted an interview of Det. Smith as you directed and it opened many new issues. If you are not going to preclude his testimony for the reasons we have offered previously, you need to give us another two weeks to review with our experts before we can be ready for cross. If he has finished his report by then, we'll learn what else he hid from me in the interview to exacerbate the discovery violations we have documented for this court."

:D. Is it sad that an innocent two word reference like "spun around" is immediately recognized by us as past testimony/lies?

I seem to remember her saying Bobby spun her around and then put her in a choke hold and she nearly passed out. Everyone seems to spin this girl around LOL

Hey if the house was old enough she could have unscrewed a fuse. :innocent:

'scuse me while I dive into a bomb shelter....
. :floorlaugh: all clear. you can come out now...

:clap:

OBE! Great post and I want you to know I respect and admire you for the person you are. So sorry you had to go through all of that sorrow, but you turned it around. Thank goodness you found Mr. Right. You so deserve the happiness you found.

Hey if the house was old enough she could have unscrewed a fuse. :innocent:

'scuse me while I dive into a bomb shelter....

Too funny. Ready.... set.... fuse lit.... BOOM!!!! Lol.

I think that whole are you mad at me thing was a setup from the beginning. Her fan club from grade school instantly burst into loud laughter a nano second after she said it. They knew it was coming.
Its the kind of behavior to expect from a man hating throwback. The only kind of men she has use for are the ones who are easily lead around by the nose. Im glad she showed her real self.

MOO
Did JSS say anything about Nurmi interviewing Smith on Friday? Or was that someone else

I love Dr Hayes most of all. I hope she is on his witness list but wonder why the DT wouldn't have filed a motion or 10 to stop her if she was.

Isn't his MO to wait til the day before a witness is to testify? I loved Hayes too last time around. This round, though, I think DM did everything JM needed doing. I'm definitely getting the impression the jury is fried. Time for this to end. Even if JM has her on his list he might well conclude the jury would not take kindly to yet one more psych expert covering the same territory.

Okay, I can't believe I'm stomping around like a herd of water buffalo (is that what Juan said that blood puddle was?) into this lights talk.

Here's my take on it:
* Travis was with Lisa
* Travis saw a light go ON (While reading the tweets as they were coming in that day, "ON" was the mental picture I had)
* I assumed the light was downstairs.
* He left the Lisa in the LuvSak to check it out
* He finds the interior front area downstairs was on by JA, and when he found her, he and shoooo'd her away.
* Came back to Lisa

Then when Paul wrote about the circuit breaker thing, I was miffed, like WTF, I read 5 or 6 tweets that all said "a light"

Now the other side of it is, what if it was an exterior motion light that TA could see out of the corner of his eye, and he knew no roommates are home so he went to check on it and he shooo'd her away. If it was a motion light then he could tell Lisa it was Naps (not JA), and then later tell her the truth.

~~ a post by me on ambien ... enjoy

Hi Spellbound , she has hands and bone structure like a man. :lol:[/QUOT

Her nether zones look a little like ambiguous genitalia, I've wondered a few times if this perhaps was the reason for all the anal sex and consequently some of the ex parte hearings.

Did JSS say anything about Nurmi interviewing Smith on Friday? Or was that someone else

I believe you are right, samspace, and that JSS told Nurmi he could interview Smith on Friday.

Welcome to WS!

It seems to me DT has filed a motion against almost all of Juans witnesses. I will have to look that up to relieve my curiosity.

QUOTE=Caylee Advocate;11480383]Not yet, see my post, LMAO.[/QUOTE]

:gasp: :hills:

I can't agree more ICit. This is getting personal and it's just plain stupid. I am much more interested in those banking records and how much money TA gave this Bimbo and his deposits, if any, from her repaying the loans he made. Some tweeters and posters say he was in financial trouble, but how does someone in financial trouble afford a Toyota Prius. My son purchased one and it wasn't cheap. So how does he do this when he didn't even trade the BMW in or sell it for cash. (JA never paid a dime to him for it.) I really would like to see his financials

This was also pre-2008 financial meltdown when everyone and their cat could of easily got a mortgage/loan. I believe some of his financial issues were due to not putting is as many hours into PPL. JA didn't help by feeding off him like a parasite. JMO

Jodi's jealousy of Dr. DeMarte is crystal clear in this video. The way JA's eyes follow the Dr. as she walks to the stand. And then JA continues to stare at the Dr. (and what I imagine to be her fab shoes).

Easy, Jodi. Calm down girl.

Willmott gives Dr. D a good up and down look also. That makes 2 jealous females, IMO.

I am sad that we are stuck with tweets for this trial. Each tweeter puts their take on what they heard in 40 characters and we are left trying to figure out not only who said what, when it happened, what was said, what the mood was in the courtroom at that moment, was it true, did the DT object and if so what was the ruling, what are they quoting, if there was a question posed, and . . . . what was the point again?

It's just too much to try and piece together tidbits of "tweets" and understand what was actually happening and why this was being brought up as a mitigation factor. We really have not enough information to know what was actually said - we just have the ability to repeat tweets and ponder. I think it is truly sad that the trial has been so secret - the transparency factor feels greatly compromised (IMO)

JMO
For top part bolded, thats a good question. I think we heard that we should get to see the Sidebars and testimony but not sure about what else. Not sure if we would get submitted documents into evidence without having to file a FOI request and that could get expensive.
Maybe some news networks will do some of that for us though.

For the bottom part, I think I recall seeing a minimum of $200 per hour , but it maybe even more than that for Nurmi. And you can just imagine how many hours Nurmi is going to claim he worked on this case. I honestly think he is becoming filthy rich off this 1 case.
And the AZ taxpayers are being shafted by him.

I think he delays this trial for 2 reasons.
1-to keep JA out of prison.
2-to get personally rich.

Its a WIN-WIN for him + JA

Thanks, Hatfield. I do need to correct my $2,500. I've read in different reports, like Arizona news, that the costs last year were 2 and a half million; not thousands. And that was only for the defense costs, last year. It could easily be 3 million or more by now.

But, its cost much more than she is worth...that's for certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela