Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the list I have ... and other than BPD, I don't see one mitigator the DT has proven.

No prior criminal history
Just 27 years old when she committed her offense
Remorseful for her conduct
Suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child
Ditto, during her relationship with Mr. Alexander
Abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time of the incident
Diagnosed with PTSD
Diagnosed with BPD
Psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with tumultuous relationship with M. Alexander

BBM - I agree, last time I checked emotional immaturity was not an excuse for murder.

BBM - TA invited Mimi to Cancun on April 29, 2008(Journal Vol 6, P.13-14). May 19, 2008 was the RH texts. Yet the sex tape was allegedly made May 10... hmm which year was that again? Since we hear JA now claims to have gotten a Helio from GS when she first moved to Mesa the end of July 2007 or beginning of Aug.2007, added to her journal claims:

Taken from two of my previous posts:
According to the journals, JA didn't actually leave until late April 3, 2008. The car was trashed on March 29, 2008. She says she was at her sister's on April 6, 2008(allegedly spent 2 nights in the truck) and was driving to Redding then Yreka the next day. Sounds like she'd done a trial run in reverse...

JA says on April 6, 2008. "P.S. I got a Helio phone! It's on."

Everything is making more sense, other than we don't know what "phone" she may have had/used between when she claim's her Helio was stolen on May 18th and when she got her new Helio on May 22nd. It is clear that she was making plans at least back on April 6th, "It's on.", imo(though I still think it started way back in July 2007).

I agree that she likely had killing thoughts as far back as right after their "break up", but I think according to her testimony transcript and during the interrogation she said she didn't leave Mesa until April 8th or 9th, she says somewhere that it was supposed to have been closer to the beginning of the month but she err'ed and uhh'ed and never said a reason for the delay, to my recollection. What was the date of Travis journal entry where he says she keeps going but never leaves?

What if, on this break, we assumed that everything JA said was a big fat lie?

Can we try to make a list on what she said that was the truth or proven to be likely true by any other means?

1. I believe her middle name is actually Ann (pacnwgal)

2. I believe she thinks her sister is stupid (TupeloMz)

3. The only thing I can recall being even remotely corroborated was one of the Affiants and her brother in an interview saying that yes her pop was mean on certain select times with how he disciplined she and Carl. (ZoeyW)
(This is however, disputed by her cousin Aimee and the babysitter)

4. I believe she can't keep her own lies straight. (geevee)

5. Didn't graduate from high school.

Has waited tables.

She had issues with not being an only child.

She has fake fun-bags. (finallyregistered)

6. Well, she did admit killing Travis (Wing Ding)

7. She enjoyed the sex ? (Katydid23)

8. I would add to her truths that she wouldn't kill again unless someone tried to kill her life. (Meaning not give her what she wants!). (Myvice)

9. Jodi was born? Fact...and a sad one. (Dr. Know?)

10. I believe her when she said "I may be a *advertiser censored*". (Cayles advocate)

11. ...according to JA's own testimony she was in his house and watching him several seconds before he knew she was there. I would like to add that to list of things JA said that was the truth... Just my opinion. (TupeloMz)

This is the total list the great minds on Websleuths came up with in the last two days.

Now just imagine if the jury were given this same task. An old dating exercise was to divide a paper down the middle and put the positives on one side and the negatives on the other.

Without meaning to, I asked a question that explains clearly why we all feel the way we do.

If she manufactured one text, could that mean all the texts between them are lies? Her journal reads like a crazed teenager in the middle of a hormone storm. She makes every excuse for herself and soothes herself with phrases to comfort and elevate herself. I have long believed that the affair was mostly, if not all, in her mind. I believe the phone sex tape was manufactured too. She wanted a rich (in her eyes) guy and everything he had. Perhaps her entire diary is her attempt at writing an outline for a novel? She sure filled in all the steamy parts elsewhere.

The two ex boyfriends that she remained friends with still moved away from her. She must have known that if the magazine message reached Matt, he would comply. Old Gus and Daryl were willing to come testi-lie for her. What did she have on all of them?

How I wish that Juan could instruct the jury to draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper and ask them to put the testimony on one side that is corroborated by at least one other source. There would be no reason to list all the known lies after looking at how few statements have been proven to be true.

ICit, you forgot the Brazilian wax. We have proof of that being true. :blushing:

Can we try to make a list on what she said that was the truth or proven to be likely true by any other means?

3. The only thing I can recall being even remotely corroborated was one of the Affiants and her brother in an interview saying that yes her pop was mean on certain select times with how he disciplined she and Carl. (ZoeyW)

Has waited tables.

8. I would add to her truths that she wouldn't kill again unless someone tried to kill her life. (Meaning not give her what she wants!). (Myvice)

10. I believe her when she said "I may be a *advertiser censored*". (Cayles advocate)

11. ...according to JA's own testimony she was in his house and watching him several seconds before he knew she was there. I would like to add that to list of things JA said that was the truth... Just my opinion. (TupeloMz)

This is the total list the great minds on Websleuths came up with in the last two days.

Now just imagine if the jury were given this same task. An old dating exercise was to divide a paper down the middle and put the positives on one side and the negatives on the other.

Without meaning to, I asked a question that explains clearly why we all feel the way we do.

If she manufactured one text, could that mean all the texts between them are lies? Her journal reads like a crazed teenager in the middle of a hormone storm. She makes every excuse for herself and soothes herself with phrases to comfort and elevate herself. I have long believed that the affair was mostly, if not all, in her mind. I believe the phone sex tape was manufactured too. She wanted a rich (in her eyes) guy and everything he had. Perhaps her entire diary is her attempt at writing an outline for a novel? She sure filled in all the steamy parts elsewhere.

The two ex boyfriends that she remained friends with still moved away from her. She must have known that if the magazine message reached Matt, he would comply. Old Gus and Daryl were willing to come testi-lie for her. What did she have on all of them?

How I wish that Juan could instruct the jury to draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper and ask them to put the testimony on one side that is corroborated by at least one other source. There would be no reason to list all the known lies after looking at how few statements have been proven to be true.

What a great idea! Imagine if JM could do something like this in his closing. I remember in the Scott Petersen trial,and the prosecution listed 41( I think) reasons why he was guilty.

There is one thing that has bothered me about the evidence. It’s a minor thing, and it doesn’t diminish the guilty verdict, but I know it to be incorrect. The evidence was about the credit card charges when Jodi rented the car. She said her reason for changing her mind on something was due to what Priceline offered on the rental car. Juan said she didn’t go to Priceline to rent the car. His proof was credit card charges were shown that the rental car agency was the vendor on her credit card receipt. He said if she had rented the car through Priceline, then Priceline would be shown as the vendor on her credit card receipt. That’s not correct. His proof was her credit card receipt showing the rental car agency as vendor as opposed to an airline ticket she purchased – Priceline was shown as the vendor for the plane fare purchase.

I’m not sure as to their current policy, but during the timeframe when Jodi rented the car, when a car was rented through Priceline, it was just a reservation. Priceline held the reservation, but no charges were made. The rental car company *would* charge credit cards directly. When the person picked up the car, that was the only time credit card information was exchanged. Priceline’s name would not appear anywhere on the credit card receipt.

For air fares, it was different. The moment the reservation was made, the ticket was purchased by Priceline, and Priceline would show up on credit card statements.

I know this to be a fact because I handled travel arrangements where I worked, and that’s just the way it transpired.

It doesn’t change anything, and that one data point is insignificant in the whole scheme of things, however.

Signed – new member anxiously awaiting transcript from testimony given chambers due to be released.

Will see this in KN's next appeal? :gaah:

I agree that she likely had killing thoughts as far back as right after their "break up", but I think according to her testimony transcript and during the interrogation she said she didn't leave Mesa until April 8th or 9th, she says somewhere that it was supposed to have been closer to the beginning of the month but she err'ed and uhh'ed and never said a reason for the delay, to my recollection. What was the date of Travis journal entry where he says she keeps going but never leaves?

BBM - April 3, 2008 Vol.6,P.6.

Also from my previous post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271039-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-2-13-thru-2-18-Break&p=11491307#post11491307

According to the journals, JA didn't actually leave until late April 3, 2008. The car was trashed on March 29, 2008. She says she was at her sister's on April 6, 2008(allegedly spent 2 nights in the truck) and was driving to Redding then Yreka the next day. Sounds like she'd done a trial run in reverse...

Edit: JA says on April 6, 2008. "P.S. I got a Helio phone! It's on."

Alright... that certainly sounds ominous to me, revenge for the bird?

The "it's on" is on the bottom left page (when viewing on BK site) when you look at the next page you can better see the bottom of the previous page. It reads "it's on my" then under that it appears to say dream board. Can't make out if there is something written before dreamboard or if it's the only word under "it's on my"

Of course I do think she planned to use the phone to trap him into admitting to sex acts and compromising statements

This is the list I have ... and other than BPD, I don't see one mitigator the DT has proven.

Abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time of the incident
Diagnosed with PTSD
Diagnosed with BPD
Psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with tumultuous relationship with M. Alexander

Regarding #1, no prior criminal history, Nurmi was very careful to parse his words when crossing DeMarte. I can't remember his exact language, but there is a difference between criminal history, criminal behavior, criminal record, etc.

Clearly, she had engaged in criminal behavior prior to the murder, she just wasn't arrested, charged or convicted of anything. Martinez even referenced that distinction at some point in the prior trial.

The last one, psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship... HER psychological makeup CAUSED the tumultuous relationship. That's such a circular argument.

Everyone seems so chilled, they have done a disappearing act. :cool::desert:

My computer goes into sleep mode because when I am on this site I have to get up and do so many things. Sometimes I forget and do not even turn it off when it is in sleep mode.

My doctor cautioned me about sitting in one spot too long when I started complaining about swollen ankles and feet. Since then, I am up and down and on and off of the JA's threads. All of it started when watching and reading so much about the guilt phase of the trial a seeming lifetime ago!

*I thought I had read somewhere that closing arguments in this phase would be shown in a short time delay. Was I dreaming?

When CMJA was under LE surveillance in Yreka, how did she manage to tape a gun in the engine compartment without being seen, and who dropped the rental car off to her? Anyone know the answers? TIA.

Diagnosed with PTSD
Diagnosed with BPD
Her age and BPD dx are not in dispute, but that doesn't mean she's deserving of mercy.

The rest?

No soap.

Not that her word can be believed (or that my memory is accurate lol) but didn't Travis catching her snooping through his phone happen before their "break up" at the end of June '07?

From her journal, Vol.3,P.40, June 5, 2007, she talks about how she thinks TA may propose to her in Niagara Falls....but she's having suspicious feelings.(snooping starts?)

Then Vol.3,P.55 on June 20, 2007, on the trip to Sacred Grove, NY/Bridal Falls/Niagara Falls JA and TA get into a disagreement:

"Travis told me when we parked that he doesn't want to "be affectionate" while we were there. I think that he's completely entitled to feel that way, but it is very telling. He said he just doesn't think it is the right kind of place to be that way. I responded by saying, "Not that I'm expecting a proposal, but this is the number one place where Mormons get engaged, so I would hardly call it a place where there shouldn't be any affection." He accused me of being mad, but I actually wasn't, and I told him I wasn't mad, but he really thought I was."

They then allegedly break up June 29, 2007.
Nothing marking that date that I can see, other than on July 1 a bunch of stuff about how she'd been dishonest and it led to her greater heartbreak and then July 3 "When I got to work, I was feeling the strong urge to call Travis and begin apologizing all over again.", after which she then goes out with DB(where he was obviously hitting on her again according to what she wrote).

This all happened before she even moved to Mesa...

Has waited tables.

View attachment 69399

Have you seen this?

Source @LindaHalbert, Twitter

Let me ask my twitter buddies.

I recall at one time 600 pages of her diary were released. I know CNN had them. Nurmi brought this up at same time he brought up the interview with Jodi's mom and pop with Flores was released. He asked the judge to pull an emergency card and sequester the jury. The judge denied the request obviously.

Google search for Jodi Arias journal entries https://www.google.com/search?q=six...%2F22%2Frecap-week-8-jodi-arias-trial;300;250

Add this one- there is a void in Jodi's soul. She admits it.

Will see this in KN's next appeal? :gaah:
This was known & discussed on numerous Internet sites during guilt phase.

I also believe it's irrelevant & insufficient grounds for appeal.

The "it's on" is on the bottom left page (when viewing on BK site) when you look at the next page you can better see the bottom of the previous page. It reads "it's on my" then under that it appears to say dream board. Can't make out if there is something written before dreamboard or if it's the only word under "it's on my"

Of course I do think she planned to use the phone to trap him into admitting to sex acts and compromising statements

Thanks, I didn't notice that, not that it changes my mind as to her intent....

I also find her revised list of goals, Vol.5,P.81-83 rather interesting, particularly on her list of places, isn't #10 on one of the backroads between Mesa and SLC? Btw, the all caps is from her.

14. Places on the list:
1. Cooperstown
2. Hotel del Coronada
3. Death Valley
4. Mo Tab
5. Zion Nat. Park
6. Moab Desert
7. Oregon Coast
8. Shakespeare Festival
9. DC
10. LAKE POWELL!

Thanks, I didn't notice that, not that it changes my mind as to her intent....

Absolutely she intended to harm him by coaxing him into saying compromising things she could record
100%

I was wondering the same thing. Went to jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com where their electronic exchanges are posted in chronological order. It appears that in November 2007 they had some sort of blow up ... By December JA was slashing tires, etc.

Anybody have more info than I? Good question, Hatfield.

I'm thinking JA was already not girlfriend material by February 2007 (she magically turned this into the time frame when they became boyfriend/girlfriend.) Technically, they "broke up" in June 2007, after what she refers to as issues of trust. So, "going south" was already in the picture in the spring of 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990