Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this article and in light of your last comment thought you might find it interesting, it's all about:

"How can we make sense of their seeming lack of profoundly human, universal feelings like empathy, guilt, remorse or shame? Though I (nor any other mental health professional) cannot provide a detailed and accurate psychological evaluation of defendants (or former defendants) without having first formally examined them myself, there is clearly much to learn from observing these tragic cases. So let us sum up what little we do know and consider what these murder cases might have in common and what they can tell us about human nature and criminal psychology."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201305/jodi-joran-and-casey-the-psychology-evil
From your link:
Psychoanalyst Otto Kernberg (1992) describes certain destructively aggressive, antisocial patients as suffering from "malignant narcissism," which is akin to what I am here calling "psychopathic narcissism," a toxic cocktail of borderline, narcissistic and antisocial traits. Such severe characterological disturbance typically underlies and drives the destructive behavior we traditionally refer to as "evil."
BBM

I've said the very same. Thank you for posting this. :)

The only part I'd counter is his insistence that personality disordered people experienced extreme early childhood abuse and/or neglect. Most do, but certainly not all. Some with which I'm familiar were the exact opposite - entitled, spoiled, taught they were superior to others, and never held accountable or responsible for any of their actions.

JMO

Did JA ever live on her own? Even for a short time, did she ever rent her own space, pay her bills, live as an adult without sponging off others? I cannot remember if. when she returned to Mesa, she rented her own place or was couch hopping?

From what I have read, JA has never lived alone. Not even when she moved to Mesa. She rented a room there from another female in her "ward."

From your link:

BBM

The only part I'd counter is his insistence that personality disordered people experienced extreme early childhood abuse and/or neglect. Most do, but certainly not all. Some with which I'm familiar were the exact opposite - entitled, spoiled, taught they were superior to others, and never held accountable or responsible for any of their actions.

JMO

My feelings exactly - that Arias' resentment began when she was no longer the 'little princess' in the family, but had to share her parents with other siblings. The use of the term "betrayed" to describe anyone that didn't play her game, or meet her needs, is very telling to me.

The demons tweets

Kirk showed G chat where TA is talking to Regan about buying Deanna breast implants. #jodiarias

"The facts that contridict your theory you just don't digest." - Kirk Nurmi to Demarte. #jodiarias

Great. Kirk is doing Dr. Death-Demarte's cross. We can expect zero impeachment. #jodiarias

So much for proper speech and grammar. it must be cougarluoius

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/3...chologist-describes-stalker-death-penalty.htm

Dr. DeMarte described Arias as an extremely jealous stalker with borderline personality disorder and a fixation on Alexander, reports Fox 10 Phoenix. The psychologist also said that Arias refused to let him move on and resorted to spying on him and confronting other girls that he dated. She went on to say that Arias was prone to manic episodes of extreme happiness and despair and discredited defense arguments that Arias murdered Alexander as a result of abuse she endured by him and her own family in the past. The psychologist added that police interviews showed that Arias wasn't liked by some of her family members.

This article claims that Sherry CAN give the killer life with possibility of parole after 25 yrs.

It's not a fake site or anything, but I represent a number of doctors, and it is certainly not unheard-of for the other side to post "revenge reviews" on that site and others.

Speaking of revenge, it's very brave of Dr. DeMarte to testify for the prosecution in a trial taking place where she lives and where her home was featured on local tv after it was robbed.

Yes, to be honest, I was appalled at what people did going to ALV's book and writing negative reviews on it and trashing her as a person. It wasn't right. They hadn't even read it. While I think she played the victim a bit in her interviews afterward, I can understand why she was upset.

Small price to pay for her performance. Her trashing of an innocent dead man for whatever reason....her behavior in court....I'm absolutely delighted if she was upset. Hope she still is...

This article claims that Sherry CAN give the killer life with possibility of parole after 25 yrs.

I think she would....but, I thought we were told that option is no longer available in Arizona. I'm probably wrong....oooops....quoted my own post!! Sorry

That would never happen. JMOO, JSS would never be that brave and make a unpopular decision. She is probably sick of JA and wouldn't take a chance of hearing anything about her.

I subscribe to BK's site and have appreciated the "extra layer" of information given. As many here have said, tweeters, bloggers, reporters (who IMO tend to get a lot wrong in those nightly briefings on TV) and even Beth gets some facts wrong on occasion. Unless they could record, I think it's only logical to expect mistakes. Or, unless we were all willing to get one quote every 15 minutes or so allowing the blogger or tweeter to take fastidious notes, quickly fact check with a fellow blogger/tweeter and then organize them into a cohesive and accurate statement. (I look back on all my years of college and the absolute terror/panic/confusion I could have when trying to decipher my own notes after an important lecture!)

Putting the puzzle together with all the tweets and reports can be frustrating but I know we're all SO grateful for everything we get!

My one criticism, and I'm not sure it's entirely fair, is that although the names of all those purported women Travis had communicated with were spoken (unnecessarily in my opinion) in open court, I was very uncomfortable reading those first and last names on BK's blog. It's information unnecessary to us, unnecessary to the entire case IMO, and unnecessary certainly to publicize. But, JMO.

Thanks, I know. I am subscribed to BK. But, from i'm reading it seems it was not right for Nurmi to say the names out loud like that.

I don't see the big deal because they don't need to be secrecy because they were just texting with Travis.

She can but there's no parole process for lifers anymore...iirc
I have no concern whatsoever that would happen. If the jury doesn't come back with death, JSS will sentence her to Life, no parole, Perryville

I think she would....but, I thought we were told that option is no longer available in Arizona. I'm probably wrong....oooops....quoted my own post!! Sorry

No, like TexMex said, the option is still there, but there's no process for parole. You don't get an automatic parole hearing every 10 years, for instance. She would have to request a hearing, which AZL says is difficult to get and she probably wouldn't be granted parole, even if she did get one (imo).

Of course, all moot. I don't even consider it an actual possibility at this point. This judge, no judge, would give her LWP with what she's done and the lack of remorse she's demonstrated.

From your link:

BBM

JMO

Is it fair to say that when the child is an only child and very young it is easy for the parents to give in to every whim or desire BUT as they get older, and perhaps there are more children, their wants become unreasonable and the parents then say no!
Does this cause the rage in the child? Does this begin the manipulation and threats of suicide? Does this cause the parents to find a way to give the child what they want just to have some peace? Then the circle continues?

She can but there's no parole process for lifers anymore...iirc
I have no concern whatsoever that would happen. If the jury doesn't come back with death, JSS will sentence her to Life, no parole, Perryville

I wonder if she will receive a hearty 'dressing down' from JSS when sentencing is passed. I do hope so!

I was playing around. I'm not familiar with Healthgrades. I was just asking is someone here was.

There is also doctor.com
There was also a review that you can read.
The review is: Too inexperienced. No compassion, she has no empathy, could not establish a therapeutic relationship with her. No children of her own, not able to understand children and parents. (this was written on 4-20-2-13)
www.doctor.com

Like I said I had no ideal I would find bad reviews. I was just looking for information on her. I can't help what is out there. I will try and find some good reviews.

I have read a lot of doctors reviews on these types of sites and I never see positive comments, most are very negative. I don't read into them, but rather talk to actual people that know the doctors. That means a lot more to me. Anyone can get on these 'free rate the doctor sites' and put in what they want, especially those that like to do that type of thing or those who want to get revenge....aka minions.

I wonder if she will receive a hearty 'dressing down' from JSS when sentencing is passed. I do hope so!

Oh yes and I am very much looking forward to it. All these years dealing with her, trying to be neutral and fair and keep her opinions to herself and she will finally be able to tell her exactly what she thinks of her. Should be good.

Oh yes and I am very much looking forward to it. All these years dealing with her, trying to be neutral and fair and keep her opinions to herself and she will finally be able to tell her exactly what she thinks of her. Should be good.

I can hardly wait. So much in this end stage is so telling. JSS words will clear up a lot!

If the jury can't agree or votes "life," JSS can give JA life with the "possibility" of parole. However, Arizona has eliminated its parole procedures, so it's a very hypothetical "possibility." IMO it would be ridiculous for any judge to give that sentence as things stand now, because it raises the question of whether, when the "possibility" date comes along, the person is entitled to a parole hearing even though there is no parole board in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab