Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ASFAIK you can't do anything, in terms of slander or libel, when something is said in open court during a trial. It's protected somehow, and it should be. I don't like what the defense team did, at all, but I understand why it's allowed. AZL has commented on this quite a bit through this trial and the Florida trial.

Well it's certainly - I don't know word to use: ironic, maddening, outrageous - that the defense wants to keep its lying witnesses' identities a secret but they are more than happy to trash any number of completely innocent people in public. It just adds to my belief that the DT is a bunch of low-life pond-scum algae-sucking POSs. I don't care if "it's their job" or whatever excuse they want to use - they're evil rotten pieces of carp who, as my Mom used to say, I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.

There - let's see how many modsnips I can get in one paragraph. I've tried to hold back for ages, which for a potty mouth like me is challenging.

I looked and couldn't find anything. Could it be that's why DB didn't want JA around his son and moved? If so, he lied in court. Maybe he was afraid if she gets out, he is next. Whew!
It is not easy to find, it's not a post heading, it's in the comments below a post. I had to really read a lot of them! Let me see if I can find a post heading for you, I am not sure about how to link....

I think it is fairly safe to assume that with all the preparation, travel time and expense involved that JA did not fear TA at all. In fact, I would guess that she was pretty confident she could pull it off as she did because she knew he would not attack her. Otherwise she would have killed him while she slept. jmo

You know, it is quite possible that Jodi held the knife to her chest and started crying about committing suicide and that Travis tried to comfort her and she conveniently turned the knife on him. I never thought of that.

Well it's certainly - I don't know word to use: ironic, maddening, outrageous - that the defense wants to keep its modsnipping witnesses' identities a secret but they are more than happy to trash any number of completely innocent people in public. It just adds to my belief that the DT is a bunch of modsnipping modsnips. I don't care if "it's their job" or whatever excuse they want to use - they're modsnippy rotten pieces of modsnip who, as my Mom used to say, I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.

There - let's see how many modsnips I can get in one paragraph. I've tried to hold back for ages, which for a potty mouth like me is challenging.

Fixed it for ya.

Did JA ever live on her own? Even for a short time, did she ever rent her own space, pay her bills, live as an adult without sponging off others? I cannot remember if. when she returned to Mesa, she rented her own place or was couch hopping?

Iirc, I had read that she had gone to stay with MM for a time right after Mesa and before moving back in with her grandma. Would love to know if that was true, she had contacted him a few times(according to her journals) to complain about TA while she was in Mesa, so perhaps she had suckered him into letting her back into his life for awhile. I also noted that she had kept making comments about him throughout the journals, to the effect that I came away thinking she would like to get back with him if she had the chance.

Iirc she is 5'6' and was around 125lbs, give or take a few(someone had said she'd been working out hard after moving back to Yreka so just going by her DL). Anyway, point is that that's the same as I was back in my 20's and I used to be able to take down all four of my bros., not all at once but up to two at a time and they ranged from 5yrs younger to 4 yrs older and all were/are bigger than me and that's just roughhousing, let alone what I could've done with a stun gun, gun, or knife. Yes, they were all of more of the nerdish variety and I was the hiker/camper/goldpanner type.. so imo I and most certainly JA had an advantage, especially since most males would never think to strike a female until and unless they were in danger of losing their life.

And if she's like a lot of us women, the 125 lbs might have been a bit of a misrepresentation :)

I'm looking at JA's last journal, over at BK's site. The very first thing JA writes after the murder is: "Wow. UTAH WAS AMAZING!!!!!"

:notgood:
absolutely disgusting... How I wish this could be brought out...imo the jury should hear this....

It is not easy to find, it's not a post heading, it's in the comments below a post. I had to really read a lot of them! Let me see if I can find a post heading for you, I am not sure about how to link....

Thanks. Because I looked down the lists of posts and someone mentioned purple plum but left it right there. I couldn't find more. When this trial is over, if she gets the DP, I wonder how many people will come out and tell the truth and say they were afraid. I mean people like DB and Matt, who have children? I have to be honest. If I had children and had to testify during the first trial, I would have been scared to death that she might go free. Everyone knows she is a psychopath. Even her family. And that socalled girlfriend she knew from Yreka, I think she was scared too and not so much of Juan and her background but that Jodi would go after her. I will be glad when psychiatrists will one day come to the realization that some are just born evil. Very sad but true. Instead, they say they were abused or neglected or some such nonsense.

I think I found it, but even those people commenting there are saying is that it's totally unverified and that the reports came from a Twitter account who could have been anybody.

Iirc, I had read that she had gone to stay with MM for a time right after Mesa and before moving back in with her grandma. Would love to know if that was true, she had contacted him a few times(according to her journals) to complain about TA while she was in Mesa, so perhaps she had suckered him into letting her back into his life for awhile. I also noted that she had kept making comments about him throughout the journals, to the effect that I came away thinking she would like to get back with him if she had the chance.

Matt is married with children. He lied for Jodi but I truly believe he will one day say is very afraid of her for his family's sake!

Well it's certainly - I don't know word to use: ironic, maddening, outrageous - that the defense wants to keep its lying witnesses' identities a secret but they are more than happy to trash any number of completely innocent people in public. It just adds to my belief that the DT is a bunch of low-life pond-scum algae-sucking POSs. I don't care if "it's their job" or whatever excuse they want to use - they're evil rotten pieces of carp who, as my Mom used to say, I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.

Let's see. I don't see you calling anyone specifically a "name"....so we're good. Carry on. Feel better?

I didn't read them all but even so that's an incorrect use of the review system on Amazon, entirely. Your review should be for the product only. People were just doing that to get back at her. The place for personal opinions is not at Amazon under her book reviews. That is her livelihood. You can't tell people you wouldn't recommend a book you've never read.

IMO LaViolette is a danger to society. No, people weren't critquing her book but they were critiquing her character and what a biased, disinforming liar she is. Would I buy anything she wrote? Not on your life. And I would be grateful to know I wasn't contributing to her livelihood. I would also be grateful for the information, especially from abuse and DV survivors.

I looked and couldn't find anything. Could it be that's why DB didn't want JA around his son and moved? If so, he lied in court. Maybe he was afraid if she gets out, he is next. Whew!

Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page Feb 3 5:47 pm

/me waits til AZlawyer is looking at someone else so I can inconspicuously slide my tally sheet off the conference table, rumple it up quietly and stuff it into my boot.

Daisy, that so funny! But why hide it? Courts, judges and lawyers need to know when they make laws that people are going to use common sense. Except the Pinellas 12.

I'm glad you have BK access. I've learned that BK's assertions on AZ law can be flat out wrong; looking forward to seeing any real-time corrections you may make here.

As to Utah amazing....isn't that an indication of PDST, that she wrote about Utah rather than how traumatized she was by having to murder Travis?

No, it's not. It's more likely an indication that she was still giddy from the murder.

Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page Feb 3 5:47 pm
Thanks. Going now.

absolutely disgusting... How I wish this could be brought out...imo the jury should hear this....

It can definitely be brought out. Also, I'm not sure which parts of her journals have already been admitted into evidence, and the jury can read whatever they want if it's in evidence, once they go back to the deliberation room.

Daisy, that so funny! But why hide it? Courts, judges and lawyers need to know when they make laws that people are going to use common sense. Except the Pinellas 12.

They are instructed to use their common sense, but are also instructed to follow the unrealistically restricted mental pathways laid out for them by the judge. :)

Hey bsk, don't sugar-coat your opinion of the DT - tell us what you REALLY think of them!!!! LOL
Ps didya need a thesaurus to come up with those awesome descriptors or did you just look up LKN in the dictionary?

Bravo. I loved every word....

I think it is fairly safe to assume that with all the preparation, travel time and expense involved that JA did not fear TA at all. In fact, I would guess that she was pretty confident she could pull it off as she did because she knew he would not attack her. Otherwise she would have killed him while she slept. jmo
I agree JA was never in fear of Travis. He never gave her a reason to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli