Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How'd I miss this?? I thought Jodi insisted on being seated first so the jury couldn't watch her enter with her stun belt???

Or, see her limp with the thigh brace on. Just once I would enjoy seeing those 50,000 volts at work.

Not imo and I was diagnosed with PTSD.

That was all about devaluing Travis which is a trait of someone who has BPD. Also it was a way to cover her butt. She needed to establish an alibi and to Arias what she needs in order to cover her *advertiser censored** is top priority.

If she truly had PTSD from murdering him she wouldn't have gone to his memorial service or ridden by his house after she murdered him. CREEPY!!! Those with PTSD avoid any event that will trigger the trauma that caused the PTSD.

Imo, she was not traumatized in the least by murdering him. JA felt he had it coming. It meant nothing to her and that is why she cant fake remorse. She sneaks peeks at his gruesome autopsy photos. She wants to see her handy work. No person with PTSD would be able to do.

IMO

I'm sorry, Ocean, for what appears to be a snark failure on my part. I clearly need to polish my snarking skills. :D

I really cannot see JSS giving JA a dressing down. She may list her reasoning behind her decision, but only in legal terms. :thinking: Of course, I am often wrong. :blushing:
Of course she won't. She is too "skeered" of that killer. And too intimidated by the defense. She may make a statement under seal. She likes sealing documents so well... :)

Which is why I keep saying, the whole story has not been told. And why I think the DT took this route, (slander the victim). But in going this route the game is making a turn and the story is beginning to come out, but will we ever hear the real story? In the beginning my first question was how on earth did a female do this by herself and I thought she had to have had help. And I admit I had doubts until JA took the stand. Then I saw what kind of person she was and it only took a short time of her on the stand for me to be completely turned off by her. I could not believe that the Judge allowed such rude behavior by her on the stand. That is when my questions really began to pile up. I started searching all the forums that followed the case and I wondered why so much evidence was not allowed in when it was plain to see. I became so ashamed of the justice system yet at the end of the trial I just knew the jury could not possibly not come back with a verdict of at least life. After the trial was over and I learned more about the evidence and saw more about JA behavior I began to believe that she was capable of anything. I looked forward to the beginning of the retrial and thought for sure this one would move along and be over in a short time. Was I ever wrong, now seeing what was not allowed in the first trial has left me in shock. But I know one thing from watching JM this does not seem to discourage him in the least, He knows he has the whole story and that is why he has not given an inch, and little by little he is allowing the DT to keep going down the path that is allowing the State to win their case, think about it, they are handing it to JM on a silver platter so to speak. Is it hard on the Family, yes, is it hard on the State's Witness', yes, is it hard on JM, no it is his job, but it is stressful. Is it hard on the Jury, very much so but the DT is blind to that and that is work against the DT in the end. I have never been on a Jury but I know that if I were on that Jury I would be so fed up with this and be wondering ( What has this got to do with anything?) I would be saying look TA is dead, JA is alive, he could have easily overpowered her, he was a man and there is no way that a woman can so easily overpower a man, tell me what really happened that day! and After this long into the trial with still no answers I would be like ok, have it your way but I am not buying it in the least, just get it over with and let us do our job, if you don't want us to have the facts then fine, we just will dismiss all your bull! Now that is just how I look at things, I don't like to be treated like I have no sense at all, and will fall for just any story. Give me facts as I do have a brain! I hope these Jurors feel the same way, and I am willing to bet that they do.

Travis was a man who was physically bigger than her. But what you are failing to see is how she did this by herself: she is fairly tall, and more importantly- she caught him naked, wet, unexpecting her, unarmed, and in a small space. She basically confined her prey where and when he was the most vulnerable. There's no way he could have tackled her, especially not when she had two weapons on her- knife and gun, and possibly a stun gun. From the crime scene pictures she took, I personally think she stun gunned him first to disable him. This is how she accomplished it by herself without help. Her story was that there were two ninjas, since most people would think one person couldn't do it alone.

So, if JSS won't sentence her with the omnibus motion pending, will she remain in County custody, or State custody?

And I wonder how these jurors will feel, if all their time spent and all their soul searching to reach a verdict, will be for nothing and JA's ultimate fate will be decided by this omnibus ruling. :notgood:

Sure they can. They can have interview as group of they want to. :)

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. I meant addressing Arias directly, via the foreperson, as they hand in their verdict. The same option as JSS has when sentencing.

Not imo and I was diagnosed with PTSD.

That was all about devaluing Travis which is a trait of someone who has BPD. Also it was a way to cover her butt. She needed to establish an alibi and to Arias what she needs in order to cover her *advertiser censored** is top priority.

If she truly had PTSD from murdering him she wouldn't have gone to his memorial service or ridden by his house after she murdered him. CREEPY!!! Those with PTSD avoid any event that will trigger the trauma that caused the PTSD.

Imo, she was not traumatized in the least by murdering him. JA felt he had it coming. It meant nothing to her and that is why she cant fake remorse. She sneaks peeks at his gruesome autopsy photos. She wants to see her handy work. No person with PTSD would be able to do that and do it so casually as if she was looking at a photography magazine.

IMO

Yes... and a person with PTSD from murdering someone would not want a look at the autopsy photos out of "morbid curiosity"- EVER.

There was a time when in Mesa she either rented a room or rented out a room. I cant remember the gals name now but one of them moved out due to Jodi's "issues" I remember the Mother of the girl commenting but so long ago i cant be of any other help.

I totally remember that Bravo, I had completely forgotten about this ~ here's what I found:

PINSKY: And, he went on to describe how there was zero evidence of pedophilia, zero, zero, zero. Back with my co-host, Jenny Hutt. Also, we have brothers David and Michael Hughes. They knew Jodi and Travis. And, all of us now are being joined by Debbie. She would prefer I not use her last name. She has -- now you used to -- your daughter lived with Jodi. Is that right, Debbie? Debbie, are you there?

"DEBBIE," DAUGHTER LIVED WITH JODI: Can you hear me?

PINSKY: Yes, I hear you now.

"DEBBIE": OK.

PINSKY: So, tell us the story. I understand your daughter lived with Jodi for a couple weeks, and it ended badly. What happened?

"DEBBIE": Well, she met Jodi in October of 2006. They both started a training program at a restaurant called Bing Crosbys (ph) in rancho mirage. They became real close.

PINSKY: And Debbie, I`m sorry to interrupt. We have very limited time. Tell me they got together. They worked together. Tell me where it went bad. What happened?

"DEBBIE": She wanted Ashley to move in. And she moved in on January 6th, because Daryl had left her high and dry, according to Jodi. And she lasted three weeks.

PINSKY: What happened?

"DEBBIE": The behaviors of Jodi, the lying, the manipulation, the men at all hours. She would leave to go to Arizona at two or three o`clock in the morning.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: Hang on. Men at all hours. Would she have men over and have sex with them? Is that what your daughter was subjected to?

"DEBBIE": She would tell my daughter to go in her room and shut the door.

HUTT: Really?

"DEBBIE": But she could hear the things that were going on out there. She said she was having bible studies.

PINSKY: I want you to react to that. Have you ever heard of this history before?

"DEBBIE": This what? I`m sorry?

PINSKY: I`m asking David if he`d like to react to that if he`d ever heard of anything like this coming from her.

DAVID HUGHES: No. I`ve never heard of anything like that.

PINSKY: Yes. It a little disturbing, Debbie. Again, we can`t confirm nor deny, but I take your report -- it`s certainly consistent with what we`ve come to understand about this person. It wouldn`t be that surprising. Go ahead, Jenny.

(CROSSTALK)

HUTT: I like the idea of bible studies as a euphemism for sex.

(LAUGHTER)

"DEBBIE": This was the way it was, the entire three weeks. It was amazing my daughter lasted as long as she did.

PINSKY: And ultimately, she tried to get a restraining order against Jodi. Is that correct?

"DEBBIE": I wanted to get a restraining order against her when this was over. She say -- I called her a functioning psychopath. And --

PINSKY: Well, that`s what we`re all coming to understand. And then, you didn`t know about this -- when did you find out about this murder? And what did you think then?

"DEBBIE": As soon as we found out, we called Detective Flores, because we thought we had some information that he would be interested in about Travis, because my daughter knew him, and, you know, all the visits that he had there during that time, she knew all about it. she knew him.

So, we thought we had some information pertaining to Jodi, but he said he was interested in people who knew her from Arizona. So, we gave our number and he never called us back. So -- and this whole time I haven`t heard anybody coming forward and saying --

PINSKY: Debbie, I have to go. I`m sorry. I would love to talk to you more. I hope, too. And we are interested in what you have to offer. It`s very telling. It`s a whole piece of the story. Again, this is all puzzle we`re putting together. Thank you, Debbie. Thank you Michael and David. Next up, my jury.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/02/ddhln.01.html

That would never happen. JMOO, JSS would never be that brave and make a unpopular decision. She is probably sick of JA and wouldn't take a chance of hearing anything about her.

It's not a matter of bravery by taking an unpopular stance. :snooty: JSS is not stupid. She has seen all the evidence and knows Jodi is a convicted, vicious killer. There is no way that Judge Stephens wants Jodi back out on the streets. If she has to sentence her, it will be to LWOP. I can guarantee it!

Re BK, to be fair, some of our disagreements are not about AZ law per se but about the practical workings of things in our court system. For example, yes, if JSS sentenced JA and JA filed her appeal before the other judge ruled on the omnibus motion, then the other judge wouldn't have jurisdiction to include JA in that ruling. But (1) JSS won't sentence JA while the omnibus motion is pending, (2) the appeal won't be filed for months after sentencing because there are approximately a million post-trial motions to file and brief first, and (3) the appellate court would just send the case back down for a ruling on the omnibus motion. So she didn't have the "law" wrong but just hadn't worked out how it would actually play out, which is something you can only really learn "in the trenches" lol.

Forgive me for being so dumb...Are you saying that even if the jury says DP, that JSS won't sentence her until after the omnibus ruling so JA will continue to sit in Seriff Joe's cell?

Or, see her limp with the thigh brace on. Just once I would enjoy seeing those 50,000 volts at work.

I know- just one little itty, bitty time- for about 60 seconds. Is that too much to ask?

My brother in law zapped me once with his for a brief moment- I know cruel, you have no idea- anyway it was almost unbearable.

No, the Ten Commandments originated in Judaism, Old Testament. Moses received them on Mount Sinai from God, and synagogues usually have them written upon their ark doors. Mormons do consider themselves Christian. We have friends who are Mormon who have a large picture of Jesus in their living room.

Me too! I believe them. I have Jesus picture in my living room and I have never been Catholic. Or Mormon. :)

The flip side of that is when you get a doctor who has helping reviewed and it turns out they are not very good doctors. The first ob/gyn I went to when I was pregnant was terrible. Awful, awful. And he had a high rating, which is why I picked him. Of course the next doctor I went to also had great reviews and she was wonderful. But she had been around a while. Demarte hasn't had her own practice for long. You gotta give it time to build your reputation.
Yup! First pediatrician I went to was "highly recommended" and a mother herself, yet she was the first and only one to accuse me of Munchausen's because my daughter wasn't crying during the whole 10 min. we saw her!!!:stormingmad:

Just playing around and found this.
Is anyone familiar with Health-grades?
This is a Patient Satisfaction feedback on their experience with Dr. Janeen A. Demarte, PHD
Over all - below national average
Staff friendliness- below national average
Total Time wait- shorter than national average
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort,,etc,- above national average
Ease of scheduling, urgent appointments- below national average
Level of trust in provider- below national average
How provider explains medical conditions - below national average
How well provider listens and answers questions- below national average
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients- below national average

This site wouldn't let me read the reviews because that part is confidential.

I was surprised.

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/janeen-demarte-366p9#tab=patient-ratings&scrollTo=TopOfMain

Interesting...but know that JAII members could totally be behind those negative reviews. Better sources for physician reviews will be forthcoming with new requirements for healthcare providers to send out patient satisfaction surveys and report on the results...but until then I suppose Angie's List would probably be a better source than HealthGrades.

I am glad *advertiser censored* said being afraid of heights was a mental illness. Comparing this with BPD. Way to minimize the BPD as a mental illness.

I get extremely dizzy when I am in a tall building and look down. Or climbing in a mountain. Am I mentally ill?

It's a shame the jurors can't say what they think when their verdict comes in - if it does.

They can and often do give interviews afterwards. Watch Dateline and 48 Hours. They often talk to the jurors about their deliberations.

Speaking of evidence, perhaps it's just because I'm Canadian and therefore don't have a lot of experience with guns, but if I were on the jury, I'd like to have seen examples of just how big the weapons believed used would have been. Surely there's a range of sizes, but I don't recall seeing anything during trial that actually showed how big the gun would have been(would it have fit within her palm, been the size of her hand, etc.) as well as examples of the size of the knife it would have taken to inflict those wounds(hunting knife, one of those big chef knives, a smaller paring knife, etc.).

Many people are visual and just cannot process measurements on a piece of paper into the visual, like all the people who keep spouting about how such a small "girl" could have taken down a "man"(ie. TA wasn't the tallest man in the world, or anywhere near the heaviest and JA certainly wasn't a tiny waif, she certainly dwarfs JW.), then you add in JA's martial arts training, type of work(trays of food/drink, on her feet for hours, at least when she was busy running for those tips or after her ex bf's), etc. compared to someone who was battling his weight and basically had a desk job where the heaviest thing he commonly lifted was Naps and perhaps the trays of cookies he'd bake with his friends (not said to sound mean but TA wasn't exactly a jock).

Why would it matter? She used a .25 and it is small. The knife, large or small did major damage. And slit his throat. Jodi caught him in a vulnerable position and Jodi studied martial arts. Travis likely never fought anyone in his life.

I really cannot see JSS giving JA a dressing down. She may list her reasoning behind her decision, but only in legal terms. :thinking: Of course, I am often wrong. :blushing:

I can. I remain hopeful.

Travis was a man who was physically bigger than her. But what you are failing to see is how she did this by herself: she is fairly tall, and more importantly- she caught him naked, wet, unexpecting her, unarmed, and in a small space. She basically confined her prey where and when he was the most vulnerable. There's no way he could have tackled her, especially not when she had two weapons on her- knife and gun, and possibly a stun gun. From the crime scene pictures she took, I personally think she stun gunned him first to disable him. This is how she accomplished it by herself without help. Her story was that there were two ninjas, since most people would think one person couldn't do it alone.

My three brothers are all big men. But I guarantee you If I stuck a knife in their chest, they aren't fighting me back. Why is that so difficult for people to understand? Do you know how painful and debilitating that was for Travis!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela