Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: This older male potential juror says he wants to know what leads someone to do this. The whys...#jodiarias

Don't we all. It is beyond comprehension. That guy needs to be excused . He thinks that Travis really did something to make the killer go off the deep-end, IMO.

@TrialDiariesJ: This older male potential juror says he wants to know what leads someone to do this. The whys...#jodiarias

Ditch that one. Why's? Bet he couldn't vote DP if he di dn't get the why he needs tonhear.

@jeffgoldesq: Current jury panel of 6 in box has been on hot seat for quite a while. Past lunch time. I'd kill for good sandwich. #deathpenalty be damned!

Don't we all. It is beyond comprehension. That guy needs to be excused . He thinks that Travis really did something to make the killer go off the deep-end, IMO.

Agreed. Sounds like he's looking for a reason. Don't trust.

PASS! I just want people on the jury that accept that evil people exist in this world and kill for evil reasons that csnnot be understood by sane human beings. I don't want anyone that would want to look for an excuse for JA.

Agree. Pedophile claim has no part in this phase of trial. It was, however, brought up by the possibility of a witness from New Zealand who supposedly went to school with TA coming in to testify that TA was a pedo...or something. Again...it has no place in this retrial so maybe there is no such witness.
Yeah, I read that and also saw that he has been a visitor at the jail, but that's my point. As far as I can tell, he didn't even know her during the time he lived here, so how can he offer anything positive about her? If trashing the victim is the sole purpose of his testimony, it should not be allowed because it has no relevance to mitigation. Just venting here...

From KPHO:

Potential Arias Juror Disobeys Judge, Walks Out of Courthouse

Dozens of potential jurors were back in Superior Court on Monday as jury selection continued in the Jodi Arias sentencing retrial.

One potential juror disregarded the judge's order not to do any research on the case or watch any media reports.

The juror said he watched a movie about Arias over the weekend. He then walked out of the courthouse and never came back.

Link: http://www.kpho.com/story/26719088/...-judge-walks-out-of-courthouse?autostart=true

Cant he go to jail for that? Glad he isn't a juror.

Oh I like him! He sure loves to talk! lol I don't always agree with him, but I like to hear what he has to say and that he gives Courtchatter air time. I do like when he explains courtroom procedures, translates legalese to English, and gives the rundown on various aspects of the law.

Maybe he's waiting for the actual trial to begin to do this?

@TrialDiariesJ: Jen asks female juror "what evidence do you want to hear" objection from Juan and a sidebar #jodiarias

She needs to stop asking these questions. So inappropriate. It's like, what are we gonna need to do so you'll vote for life? She's still looking for tips, like a politician does.

H
@TrialDiariesJ: Jen asks female juror "what evidence do you want to hear" objection from Juan and a sidebar #jodiarias

She needs to stop asking these questions. So inappropriate. It's like, what are we gonna need to do so you'll vote for life? She's still looking for tips.

Are you kididng me?

@jeffgoldesq: My fav on this #JodiArias panel is older man bald, with long straight white beard, ear to ear, with hair pulled back in short pony.

Sounds like Jodi's kind of man.

Beth Karas
10 mins ·

Court has resumed in Arias's penalty phase retrial. Nurmi just asked that openings be pushed back one day to Oct. 21 because defense attorney Willmott will be traveling over the previous weekend to interview a witness. Martinez objects.

Beth's tweets are the only ones that make sense.

As time drags on, Nurmi and Willmott have less and less to work with. It's like they're begrudgingly playing Musical Chairs In Hell. Jodi keeps yanking chairs away, but Nurmi and Willmott have to keep playing. Soon Willmott will be on Nurmi's lap. Or maybe vice-versa, since Nurmi showed up for the party all lean and mean. Inevitably they'll be sitting on the floor, crying over their lost credibility.

Samuels may have done his testing relatively soon after Jodi murdered Travis, but, as we know, Juan gently and patiently coaxed him into admitting that he may have made a couple little oopsies that could theoretically have had some slight but insignificant effect on his results. One thing that he was able to show, inadvertently, was that Jodi is a liar. Oh wait, we already knew that.

Jodi's memory is actually pretty interesting. It goes goes on and off like her underwear. She can remember how she felt when she was doing things she can't remember doing. When she can remember something, she adds all sorts of absurdly irrelevant details... like, oh, say, telling Det. Flores that she used her right foot when she kicked the poor dog her family kept chained up in the backyard. Kicking a chained dog is right up there with shooting wolves from a helicopter. Morally repugnant.

Sorry, no citations for any of this. Too tired.

(This may make me sound like a bit of a ghoul, but I wish we had annotated and indexed transcriptions of everything, as well as summaries of the key events in Jodi's sorry life before she took the PPL bait and showed up at the convention.)

T - I absolutely love the way you think and write - you've made me LOL so many times. Thanks button never seems to be enough. So glad you're here for Part Duex of this circus.

Yeah, I read that and also saw that he has been a visitor at the jail, but that's my point. As far as I can tell, he didn't even know her during the time he lived here, so how can he offer anything positive about her? If trashing the victim is the sole purpose of his testimony, it should not be allowed because it has no relevance to mitigation. Just venting here...

Go ahead and vent; your view is shared by many. It should not be allowed but that does not necessarily mean it won't be. It is concerning, isn't it.

@jeffgoldesq: My fav on this #JodiArias panel is older man bald, with long straight white beard, ear to ear, with hair pulled back in short pony.

Sounds like Jodi's kind of man.

lol!

WHY does he like that guy? Who cares about the impossible bald pony tail?

@TrialDiariesJ: Wow that was long line of questioning. Sidebar #jodiarias

Now this one's interesting. So he doesn't know about the first trial?? And he's supposed to accept the facts of her being found guilty. AND he's an older male??? Should he go or should he stay???

@jeffgoldesq: Juan speaks objections over Jennifer's objections to speaking objections repeatedly in #JodiArias .#Chauvanist :)

Chauvanist? Please be kidding! JW knows she is doing the wrong thing and JM is calling her out. Good for him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535