DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HuffPo:

Today 7:29 PM EDT

Check Back Tomorrow

Testimony resumes Wednesday at 12:30 ET.

Share +
Today 7:28 PM EDT
Recess

The judge has called the evening recess.

Share +
Today 7:27 PM EDT
Juror Reaction

One of the Arias jurors is using a scarf to cover her mouth as Martinez shows the Autopsy photos in court.

Share +
Today 7:24 PM EDT
Evidence Photos

The photos being shown in court today were shown during Arias' 2013 trial. You can see those images at this link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html

Share +
Today 7:22 PM EDT
Autopsy Photos

Martinez is showing Alexander's autopsy photos in court.

Share +
Today 7:22 PM EDT
PalmPrint

Flores said a palm print belonging to Arias was found at the crime scene.

Share +
Today 7:19 PM EDT
On The Blood:

Flores said there were blood stains "throughout [the] hallway floor."

Share +
Today 7:13 PM EDT
Shell Casing

Martinez has been showing various photos of the crime scene and just showed the jury a photo of the spent shell casing.

Mahalo for all those posting the tweets especially from Beth Karas as I don't have access to her site.

Mahalo to AZ for all the info you provide and explanations much appreciate it.

Yes thank you !!! I dont either kolokolo... but those that do make me feel as if I am there !

My thinking is the same as yours, potboiler. So unfortunate that the wife's activities damaged Detective Flores' long, honorable career.
We don't know if they did or not.

Let's remember we have no idea why Flores is no longer with homicide. He could have been promoted, he could have simply decided he wanted to do something else. Any number of things could have happened. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

V
Beth

4:27 End of direct of Flores. Recess for the day. Day 2 begins at 9:3o am tomorrow/12:30 p.m. ET. Martinez wants to call the ME in the morning–there are scheduling issues. Nurmi objects and wants to cross Flores before the ME testifies. Nurmi can’t estimate how long his cross will be. Horn is to be about 2 hours on the stand and Mendez will be about 1.5 hours. Flores will be recalled regardless of when the cross takes place. Judge will allow the state to call witnesses out of order. Cross of Flores will be late tomorrow or Thursday. Nurmi: as to the Helio phone issue, all the evidence from first trial is admitted at this trial. Nurmi doesn’t want the state to continue to challenge the authenticity of the tape that the state stipulated to at the first trial (the sex tape). He knows it’s authentic and now wants to take issue with it. We want him to be precluded from continuing to challenge it or we will call him as a witness and argue that the County Attorney’s office should be off the case.

Blah blah blah.

I'm betting she is trying to read them to see what they think of the info so far. If she has an issue with one she probably tells one of the lawyers.

Thanks to the many of you who answered my question. I guess what I was getting at is that her creepy lizard stare (my apologies to reptiles) strikes me as counter-productive. If I were a juror who got that stare I wouldn't hesitate to think I was looking at evil itself.

@NancyGraceHLN: As soon as openings ended -- Martinez began going through all of those horrible & graphic crime scene photos. #JodiArias

Beth

4:33 Martinez defends his position. He stipulates the recording is authentic; he challenges that the Helio phone was actually “stolen” as Arias said. Martinez says he didn’t object to the admission of the recording which is different from a stipulation. But Nurmi says it was a stipulation. They are now at sidebar.

Let's remember we have no idea why Flores is no longer with homicide. He could have been promoted, he could have simply decided he wanted to do something else. Any number of things could have happened. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
Exactly! I'm not blaming Mrs. Flores just yet.:snooty:

Thanks to the many of you who answered my question. I guess what I was getting at is that her creepy lizard stare (my apologies to reptiles) strikes me as counter-productive. If I were a juror who got that stare I wouldn't hesitate to think I was looking at evil itself.
That is the downfall of her being so narcissistic.... Does not seem to realize that it could backfire for the very reasons you said

Sorry If this has been clarified prior but I've been in and out and missed it. What is make-up of the jury? men/women/ age/race? Thanks to anyone who can answer.

@NancyGraceHLN: Travis' family leaves the courtroom - looks like they've been crying a lot. #JodiArias leaves looking to be in okay spirits.

Nancy Grace's tweets are really good. I haven't noticed much difference between her tweets and Beth's blog. Maybe because they are both lawyers?

All about the jury, continued.... Here are the tweets that refer directly to the jury today. Sorry if it's repeated from earlier posts. I'm try to keep them all in one place so it's easy to read just about them and their reactions. Hopefully, we get a thread soon. ??

@monicalindstrom: Some jurors are already taking notes, just a couple minutes into the first witness #JodiArias they are taking their job seriously

Beth Karas
2 minutes ago
The accidental photo during the murder is being displayed to the jury. It's the photo with Arias's foot and pant leg in the foreground. Jurors watch the witness more than the large screen with the photo on it.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 36s 37 seconds ago
Jury doesn't look discouraged by photo, however, they might not comprehend what they're looking at yet. A murder in action. #JodiArias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq
#JodiArias jurors however are intensely looking at pics

@monicalindstrom: Shocked that the juror who said she was from same home town as #JodiArias and family member is good friend of JA is actually on the jury

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4s 4 seconds ago
We've moved on to nude photos. Bald juror looks uncomfortable. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 14s 15 seconds ago
#JodiArias nude photos being displayed. Jury not phased. No notes being taken by Jury.

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 29s30 seconds ago
Jurors seem uncomfortable seeing up close naked photos of Arias.

@TrialDiariesJ: We have a juror question #jodiarias #3TVArias

@monicalindstrom: Juror asked about the sex message on the phone, he didn’t know the answer #JodiArias

Beth Karas
2:48 Witness is finished. A juror has one question. Attorneys at sidebar. The phone that was lost–the sex message that was recorded–was it recorded to an application on the laptop? Don’t know. Martinez: Did you examine a Helio phone? No. Melendez is subject to recall.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago
Jury pays close attention to visual tour of Travis Alexander home. #jodiarias

Beth
3:49 Very graphic photos of Travis in the shower where he was for five days before being discovered. Awful to look at. Jurors look. I see no one taking notes.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 57s 57 seconds ago
Jury glued to close up shots of TA's decomposing body in shower. #JodiArias

Nancy Grace @NancyGraceHLN · 27s 27 seconds ago
Jury doesn't seem phased by the graphic photo of Travis' body in the shower. #JodiArias

@NancyGraceHLN: Jurors now looking at a close up photo of the sink covered in blood. #JodiArias

@NancyGraceHLN: Everybody on that jury was watching very carefully when Martinez was talking. #JodiArias

@NancyGraceHLN: Travis' sisters continue to have their heads bowed. Jury taking notes as pics are shown (bathroom pics). #JodiArias' parents also paying close attention

@NancyGraceHLN: #JodiArias sat in that courtroom locking gazes with the jurors (while they were showed pics of murder scene)

Huffington Post
Today 7:27 PM EDT
Juror Reaction
One of the Arias jurors is using a scarf to cover her mouth as Martinez shows the Autopsy photos in court.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 45s 45 seconds ago
Female juror with scarf and glasses puts scarf over mouth as they display autopsy photos of Travis Alexander. #JodiArias

@NancyGraceHLN: Right now: Jury sees graphic photos of #TravisAlexander's back & head -- stab wounds can be seen. #JodiArias

My heart is breaking for these kids, to have to go through this again, to see their brother like this again. I pray this jury can see the truth in these photos and do right by Travis and his family.

Nancy Grace's tweets are really good. I haven't noticed much difference between her tweets and Beth's blog. Maybe because they are both lawyers?

Is Nancy actually in the courthouse, or is it one of her staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie