Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conflicting reports on JSS motion rulings:

From Beth Karas:
12:24 Argument in court — jury is at lunch. There are a number of pending motions in limine that haven’t been ruled on yet. Judge wants to know if any of them will affect this afternoon’s witness. Dr. Horn will testify tomorrow. Judge will grant defense motions re smuggling contraband, change in counsel, and threats against trial participants and lacking remorse. (**)

12:18 Martinez discusses expert Robert Geffner–a domestic violence expert … Nurmi objects, moves for mistrial, sidebar. Lunch recess until 1:45. Jury leaves. Argument on the objection.

** But Jen TrialDiaries says:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Other motions to b dealt w/ are- lacking remorse, threaten trial participants, change of counsel, smuggle of contraband #jodiarias #3TVArias

Ugh if she really did grant those.

There was a comment about JM mentioning Robert Geffner. Couldn't tell what the context was, but if he is the only one coming back for the defense...:thinking:.

HuffPo:

Today 3:10 PM EDT
Second Story

Martinez is now describing Arias second story -- where she blamed the killing on a home invasion.

Today 3:09 PM EDT
'I Wasn't Even There'

"I wasn't even there," Martinez said of Arias' initial statement to police.

Today 3:08 PM EDT
'She Pretneded To Be Concerned'

"She pretended to be concerned about Mr. Alexander. She sent him an email [after the killing]," Martinez said.

Today 3:07 PM EDT
Crime Scene

Martinez is describing how Arias attempted to clean up the crime scene and put Alexander's camera in the washing machine.

There was a comment about JM mentioning Robert Geffner. Couldn't tell what the context was, but if he is the only one coming back for the defense...:thinking:.

Wasn't Geffner the goof ball who kept spilling his water?

So he was a dura mater expert, psychology expert, and NOW he's a DV expert. What a renaissance man!

HuffPo:

Court is in recess until 4:45 ET.

Today 3:24 PM EDT
Motion Denied

Motion for mistrial denied.

Today 3:23 PM EDT
Defense Asks For Mistrial

Nurmi just asked for a mistrial based on Martinez statements about mitigating factors and Arias lying to the police.

Court has been recessed until 4:45 ET.

Today 3:20 PM EDT
'Admitted Lying'

"The defendant has admitted to lying to police and that's a crime," Martinez said, in reference to the defenses earlier statement that Arias had no prior criminal record.

Today 3:14 PM EDT
Not Mentally Ill

Martinez said borderline personality disorder -- which Arias was previously diagnosed with -- is not a mental illness.

Shout out to lurkers - join us in the conversation.

But I'm between laughing and choking while reading Juan's opening; He is jaw dropping amazing/amusing/serious/informative all at once. What a package, if he ever goes into private practice and I am in need......wow

I admit I am surprised some of these jurors were accepted. Interesting that the person who knows JA's family was even allowed to be considered; I would think that to be a conflict of interest. Imagine if their was a juror who was friends with the Alexander family.

Nurmi would have said Juan planted them there, wanted genealogy reports on every potential juror, and asked for a mistrial! I love Juan, so I will trust his thought process.

Thanks. Well the DV survivor juror concerns me. Hopefully we can get a dedicated thread about the new jury.

If you look back to the start of this thread, I posted any and all tweets about the jury, prior to today. I am working on the tweets from today and trying to put it together. Beth stated on her website that she will describe them later. We have one who knows JA's family/friends, one who is a shrink, one who was a DV survivor, one who is a prison guard (I think), a kindergarten teacher... I'm trying. Asked for a thread but it hasn't been approved yet. :(

I don't know what AZ motel you're talking about and hey, maybe never is too strong.

But two times in comparison to the dozens of times Jodi went to him, including moving closer to him after their break up. Yeah, that is an exponential difference and doesn't speak at all to a typical abuse situation.

The Ehrenberg, Arizona motel/truck stop weekend meeting. I agree, the majority of the pursuing seemed to be done by her, and she certainly was not held captive or not free to bug out; but I just like to keep things factual if I can.

I'm multitasking. Have HLN on the background and nursing my daughter. And trying to get caught up on what's going on with this new trial.
I'm kinda tearing up here...I miss my kiddos being little like that....love to have another one if Mr. Non-Severely Mentally Ill/Drug or Alcohol Addicted/Emotionally Stable/Wants Kids would walk into my life. Such a wonderful blessing you have to go through what you did and now have the results. I am so happy for you :)

I don't know what AZ motel you're talking about and hey, maybe never is too strong.

But two times in comparison to the dozens of times Jodi went to him, including moving closer to him after their break up. Yeah, that is an exponential difference and doesn't speak at all to a typical abuse situation.

Yes. He didn't go over to her house unannounced, get in through the doggy door, hide behind Christmas trees etc. He simply did not!

But I'm between laughing and choking while reading Juan's opening; He is jaw dropping amazing/amusing/serious/informative all at once. What a package, if he ever goes into private practice and I am in need......wow

:welcome6:

CONGRATS!!! How amazing. Wishing you all the best with your new blessing. I would put a heart here, but my smilies are broken.

Thank you Angel! She's our little miracle. It took a lot to even get pregnant and my pregnancy was very complicated. I was on bed rest for the entire first trimester and part of the second trimester. But both of us made it with a very easy delivery! We feel incredibly blessed.
I'm trying to get used to this whole stay at home mom gig. I miss my career but I know taking a break is the right thing to do for our family. The legal field isn't going anywhere and I know I can re-enter the legal field when she gets older. But I do miss having my own cases and preparing for trials.

I'm kinda tearing up here...I miss my kiddos being little like that....love to have another one if Mr. Non-Severely Mentally Ill/Drug or Alcohol Addicted/Emotionally Stable/Wants Kids would walk into my life. Such a wonderful blessing you have to go through what you did and now have the results. I am so happy for you :)

If he appears and has a brother, will you please send him my way ?

:seeya: Hello and Welcome to WS !

:welcome5::wagon:

He never went to see her in Yreka! If she was "abused", why did she drive over 1,000 miles to see him??? It was over by then as far as Travis thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez