Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 46s46 seconds ago
Dr. F says it doesn't appear that #jodiarias used TA for sex, it was the other way around.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7s 7 seconds ago

Defense is doing their best job to make TA look like a 2 faced person, one with an evil, dark and abusive side. Is it working? #JodiArias

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Fonseca- Jodi didn't use Travis for sex it was the other way around #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
Jodi- I don't know what you mean ruin you? I would never set out to deliberately do that to you. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Arias slashes Travis' tires, snoops into his mails and much more. Travis calls her names as he's unable to take it anymore and he's the jerk? I don't get it.

I don't blame Travis at all for this level of anger. I have no doubt he was pushed beyond his usual limits. But if I look at this communication objectively - on its own, imagining it was from someone justified in anger but who didn't end up dead - to me, this language and name-calling is non-productive and yes, pretty jerky. However, I know people can say horrible things in the heat of anger. I am not calling. Travis a jerk overall, as a person. And in no way does it mitigate what Jodi did; I want to be clear about that.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 51s 52 seconds ago
Jodi- The sexual part for me was an unevolved way of trying to be more loved. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 42s42 seconds ago
"Jodi loved Travis, and Travis loved having sex with #JodiArias," defense expert testifies.

She keeps saying that. What's she getting at? That Travis committed suicide by CMJA?
Well, maybe now it can come out that every time Travis tried to break up with her, she would threaten suicide.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 34 seconds ago
Jodi- I knew you weren't in love with me. I knew you cared, but that it wasn't that kind of love. #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 50s50 seconds ago
morning recess, 10 mins... #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7s 7 seconds ago

Defense is doing their best job to make TA look like a 2 faced person, one with an evil, dark and abusive side. Is it working? #JodiArias

my respone to this tweet....
no and not only no but HE** NO!

I've been married to my teenage sweetheart for 13 years. After watching this trial, it makes new realize just how easy it is for"experts" to completely come in and misconstrue relationships when they have only one side. It's like giving an opine on a book when all you read was just the opening page.

I don't blame Travis at all for this level of anger. I have no doubt he was pushed beyond his usual limits. But if I look at this communication objectively - on its own, imagining it was from someone justified in anger but who didn't end up dead - to me, this language and name-calling is non-productive and yes, pretty jerky. However, I know people can say horrible things in the heat of anger. I am not calling. Travis a jerk overall, as a person. And in no way does it mitigate what Jodi did; I want to be clear about that.

Travis was not a jerk, overall as a person. He just had some unattractive, jerky moments. Don't we all?

In my opinion, Travis was NOT a player, nor was he verbally abusive towards her. Jodi earned how he treated her. Granted I would've said much worse things to her than "You are the worst thing that's ever happened to me" and I would've gotten a restraining order and called the cops when she showed up, but Travis was too nice and naive to know how to deal with her level of crazy. He didn't really believe she was an ax-murderer or he would've kicked her out the minute she showed up.

I don't think he was a player either. I think they dated. I think she brought something ugly to the relationship and when you do it eventually turns it bad. You can not be a *advertiser censored* with a nice guy from the beginning and then get mad when he treats you like one later. The sad part here is that I think at one point he may have really liked her but she killed that with lies and machinations.

She killed his caring first and then she killed him when she could not snow him back to liking her.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

#JodiArias said she would be just happy with cuddling, not sex. Awwww how adorbs.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Judge calls for 10 min morning recess. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 51s 52 seconds ago
Jodi- The sexual part for me was an unevolved way of trying to be more loved. #jodiarias #3tvarias

The kind of things Jodi would say to make Travis feel bad and make her seem sweet and innocent. But I just wanted to be loooooved!

Fonseca is right, Travis is being a jerk in those chats. But that's not the point. The point is that being a jerk still doesn't give someone the right to plan and execute a murder, which is what this case is about. Arias could have chosen to stop all contact with him and never speak with him again. Instead she headed down a different path, one in which she decided to kill him. She had no right to do that, was found guilty of first degree murder, and she might earn a spot on death row for her choices. Travis being a jerk is not a mitigating factor. Her feelings were hurt, but her life was not in danger. That's the difference.

Disagree. I don't think Travis was being a jerk in what he said to Jodi. I think she deserved every word and worse!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 30s 30 seconds ago
10 minute break #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 48 seconds ago
Fonseca says Travis "pounding Jodi's booty" wasn't showing her love #jodiarias #3tvarias

In my opinion, Travis was NOT a player, nor was he verbally abusive towards her. Jodi earned how he treated her. Granted I would've said much worse things to her than "You are the worst thing that's ever happened to me" and I would've gotten a restraining order and called the cops when she showed up, but Travis was too nice and naive to know how to deal with her level of crazy. He didn't really believe she was an ax-murderer or he would've kicked her out the minute she showed up.

I didn't say Travis was a player. Those are your words. And the defense's words. And even the Hughes' words at one point early on. I don't know if he was or wasn't. It doesn't matter if he was. Yes, some of the msgs are verbally abusive, that's my opinion. He had his reasons I have no doubt.

Regardless of their communication, and even IF Travis was mean at times, there was still no reason for Arias to murder him. That's the point I'm making. I can concede Travis' behavior was not nice at times and yet it doesn't change the case at all. It still doesn't mean that Arias had a right to stalk and murder him.

If I was on the jury I'd be thinking, "Ok, so he said these things. I wouldn't want to receive that type of text. BUT, how does that give permission to Arias to have murdered Travis 3 times over? How are any of the things he wrote a mitigating factor for Arias? Oh right, they aren't."

Anger generally has to do with boundaries being invaded. And she did it in every single possible way over and over and over throughout the relationship, then got his attention and would retreat back to demure sex kitten. She was very practiced in this behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper