Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, being a jerk. What he wrote, while certainly reflective of his feelings, was not something anyone would consider nice or even civil. Travis made choices too, along the way. There were times he was a jerk and to pretend he was only a saint doesn't help the case.

The point is, his behavior at those specific times was not an excuse or a mitigating factor in his being murdered. It means I recognize that while he could be mean at times, he did not deserve to be killed, the killer had no right to do what she did, and she made choices along the way.

BBM

I agree with you. But I would add that Travis' words still are relatively nice seen the way JA kept sticking to his skin, stalking and manipulating him. He must have been wondering what other words he needs to use to get rid of her.

I don't blame Travis at all for this level of anger. I have no doubt he was pushed beyond his usual limits. But if I look at this communication objectively - on its own, imagining it was from someone justified in anger but who didn't end up dead - to me, this language and name-calling is non-productive and yes, pretty jerky. However, I know people can say horrible things in the heat of anger. I am not calling. Travis a jerk overall, as a person. And in no way does it mitigate what Jodi did; I want to be clear about that.

Sorry, but there is no way I'm going to blame Travis Alexander for getting angry at that sociopath, nor condemn him for blasting her. The harm she had done him- without his permission, or often, without his know ledge-- earned her every last word, imo. Objectively.

If you extract one side of any argument, everyone looks like a jerk,usually.

Travis was not a jerk, overall as a person. He just had some unattractive, jerky moments. Don't we all?

If what he was saying was so offensive, hurtful and jerk-y to her, why didn't she just end the conversation? Because she wound him up to that point and was enjoying his meltdown? We know some of what she did to earn these words, hopefully before day's end we will know most of it.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 50s50 seconds ago
#JodiArias Judge Sherry Stephens looks out towards defense attorney Kirk Nurmi.
jss.jpg

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 10 seconds ago

Nurmi just polished off a small bag of what I am assuming is trail mix based on the crunches. Still in break. #JodiArias

:hilarious::hilarious:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7s 7 seconds ago

Defense is doing their best job to make TA look like a 2 faced person, one with an evil, dark and abusive side. Is it working? #JodiArias

If WAT has to ask, then it must be.

I think Madeleine is saying, that what Travis was saying was indeed "not nice" (completely subjective imo) but that what he was saying was in reality the truth. Sometimes, you have to dealwithpepure evil with evil. He was done with her, she wasn't getting any of his other prior attempts at letting her down gently. So he took this approach, unfortunately for Travis this is what likely was the ignition to his murder and his last few conversation with her were not so nice, they weren't intended to be. That's where the relationship had evolved to

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6s 6 seconds ago

"The one thing I am not is violent" said #JodiArias in reference to the slashed tires of TA. #JodiArias

Oh goody, another thing JM can counter on cross!

ugh....can't believe what I'm reading....TA being a jerk? Thinly veiled excuse for JA slaughtering him? :facepalm:

And one back grounding to reality--this defense is trying to make it appear that this in some way relates to sentencing.

In FACT the jury has one simple decision: do aggravators outweigh mitigators? Not an evaluation of the relationship or the victim. Do the things that mitigate this crime outweigh the cruelty in which she did it. Objectively there is no way. Ok maybe it would hold weight if this was a trial about battery. That Jodi punched him in the face and was on trial for that.

But she --oh we know the premed all too well--and --we know the crime scene all too well-then she--oh we know the coverup all too well.

It's just not gonna fly and doesn't mean they won't launch it to the point of adnauseum.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 56s56 seconds ago
Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi asking question at #jodiarias trial today.
Nurmi.jpg

If what he was saying was so offensive, hurtful and jerk-y to her, why didn't she just end the conversation? Because she wound him up to that point and was enjoying his meltdown? We know some of what she did to earn these words, hopefully before day's end we will know most of it.

That's exactly it. She liked winding him up and getting a reaction from him. It reminded her that he was still relevant to him and she loved it. She did it all the time. But this time she'd taken it too far and she realized there was no going back. Travis was DONE. And she did earn these words.

Proclamation: I DON'T CARE IF TRAVIS ALEXANDER WAS A PLAYER. IT MATTERS NOT!

Ok, I feel better........Thanks for letting me vent sleuthers.

ETA: I ALSO DON'T CARE IF HE WAS A JERK! NONE OF THAT CALLS FOR SLAUGHTER!:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

@_DelReyCNN: Arguments to dismiss the Death Penalty against #JodiArias over alleged computer tampering set for Friday 11/21 10:30am MST.

I've went off on someone in texts before. The one time it happened, it started off as a random conversation. She didn't even say or ask anything that bad. But the weeks of anger and resentment in me just made me explode. I wonder the backstory of these messages we're seeing from Travis. If he, just like me, wasn't dealing with so much anger and frustration at something this person has done and that it suddenly all came out. It's unfair to analyze/criticize his remarks without knowing what exactly led him to that point. Like someone else said, he's not here to tell his side of it. She made sure of it.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 42s42 seconds ago
#jodiarias looks up at her defense attorneys at sentencing retrial today.
killer.jpg

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 51s 51 seconds ago

Dr. F is seated at the table. Looks like she can't wait to get back up on the stand and say anus and or vagine. #JodiArias

:gaah: . . . :gaah:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 10 seconds ago

#JodiArias comes back in and grabs a Styrofoam cup full of that good old tasty court water. She poured it like a server would.

Versions of what happened:

1.She wasn't there. She's a victim due to his loss.
2. The ninjas did it. She's a victim.
3. She did it in self defense. She's a victim.
4. Travis was suicidal and brought about his own death. She's the victim for giving him what he wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper