Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point this witt-less said he continued seeing her after the text exchange..
Yes, he saw her for the money she owed him for ruining his car, so until that is paid off, he couldn't be 100% clear of her.

I don't blame Travis at all for this level of anger. I have no doubt he was pushed beyond his usual limits. But if I look at this communication objectively - on its own, imagining it was from someone justified in anger but who didn't end up dead - to me, this language and name-calling is non-productive and yes, pretty jerky. However, I know people can say horrible things in the heat of anger. I am not calling. Travis a jerk overall, as a person. And in no way does it mitigate what Jodi did; I want to be clear about that.

Oh, I know none of the members here today are blaming Travis at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sure that Travis was a jerk from time to time (we all are). And, I'm sure he was a jerk to Arias at times too but I just don't see him being a jerk during those text message exchanges. She slashed his tires and was blackmailing him! I would have called the cops! I would have cut off contact completely! I would have changed my locks. I would have gotten a gun for self-protection. The list goes on and on. And it just blows me away that Travis allowed her to stay in his home on that fateful day in June.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 25 seconds ago

#JodiArias grabs her stack of papers and crafting and heads back out to her little side room.

Nurmi and Willmott smile and chat.

@_DelReyCNN: Arguments to dismiss the Death Penalty against #JodiArias over alleged computer tampering set for Friday 11/21 10:30am MST.

censored.gif

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6s 6 seconds ago

Judge Stephens is back and asks counsel to proach.

They proach. We sizzle. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 20s 20 seconds ago

#JodiArias is brought back in. She darts to her chair and takes a swig of the TCW.

Still waiting for Jury and such.

ugh....can't believe what I'm reading....TA being a jerk? Thinly veiled excuse for JA slaughtering him? :facepalm:

Really? That's what you got out of that? It has been stated repeatedly that he didn't deserve to be brutally murdered, no matter how much of a jerk he may or may not have been in response to the actions of Jodi.

I've went off on someone in texts before. The one time it happened, it started off as a random conversation. She didn't even say or ask anything that bad. But the weeks of anger and resentment in me just made me explode. I wonder the backstory of these messages we're seeing from Travis. If he, just like, wasn't dealing with so much anger and frustration at something this person has done and that it suddenly all came out. It's unfair to analyze/criticize his remarks without knowing what exactly led him to that point. Like someone else said, he's not here to tell his side of it. She made sure of it.
Exactly!! I'm ashamed to admit but just this weekend I went off in text with my husband over ceiling fans. Of course it wasn't about the ceiling fans, it was about so much more. God forbid anybody ever infer who I was from that slither of information, that one piece of a huge pie. It's why this kind of testimony shouldn't be allowed.

Look, Travis made choices along the way too. He could have totally ignored her forever and refused to ever engage with her again. It's not an excuse for him being murdered, and please don't think I'm saying it is. They both made choices, some not healthy. If Travis were alive I'm sure he'd agree.

However, none of those choices gave anyone the right to kill. Arias made that choice and it was premeditated and pre-planned. By her own choices and her own actions of committing a heinous and cruel murder in the first degree, she well earns consideration of a death sentence.

I'm not so sure he could have ignored her. I don't think she'd let him, for long. She'd have done anything to get his attention at this point, I think, even negative. Who knows, maybe he was ignoring her, and she did this whatever to provoke him.

Sorry, but there is no way I'm going to blame Travis Alexander for getting angry at that sociopath, nor condemn him for blasting her. The harm she had done him- without his permission, or often, without his know ledge-- earned her every last word, imo. Objectively.

I don't blame him for his anger, either - see above. I just think his manner of expressing it was not the greatest. But I don't care. I don't condemn him as a person. Even if I did, it wouldn't matter in regards to what Jodi did. There are no mitigating factors, here or anywhere.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 46s46 seconds ago
Dr. F says it doesn't appear that #jodiarias used TA for sex, it was the other way around.

Dr. F insists this, yet ignore JA saying she was the one using sex to get what she wanted:

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 11m11 minutes ago
#JodiArias tells #TravisAlexander she would've been content with cuddling but wasn't strong enough says sex was a way 2b loved #abc15

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 21s 21 seconds ago

Dr. F is on the stand.

Jury on their way in #JodiArias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 3m3 minutes ago
Judge SS back on the bench, courtroom starting to fill up again and #jodiarias seated.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 28 seconds ago

We are back in sesssssssiooooon.

Nurmi is back with Dr. F for more instant message reading.

The lights are dimmed. It's cozy. #JodiArias

That's exactly it. She liked winding him up and getting a reaction from him. It reminded her that he was still relevant to him and she loved it. She did it all the time. But this time she'd taken it too far and she realized there was no going back. Travis was DONE. And she did earn these words.

Totally agree, MeeBee.

@monicalindstrom: Court is back in session and we are back to the iMessage convo
#JodiArias

@jeffgoldesq: Jury brought back in #jodiarias"

@monicalindstrom: I agree at some point people saw #JodiArias with TA but did anyone really know their r'ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper