Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious that Arias claims to be afraid of death threats. She has been provided with an extra safe cell--guards included and all expenses paid, for LIFE. :laughing:

Per BK , the transcript will be unsealed when CMJA either takes the stand or is on record as refusing to do so.

So JSS didn't want to give JA grounds for appeal. But come on, based on the COA's opinion she should have known JA's argument wouldn't stand a chance in hell. "Ability to think?" ABILITY TO LIE! That's what Nurmi meant. And "threatening mail?"; refuse mail from people you don't know then. Easy!

No "evil danger" what so ever.

Jails monitor incoming mail. I am pretty sure death threats would be intercepted and/or turned over to law enforcement.

Inmate mail is inspected by staff to make sure no drugs etc, I would think they would screen out death threats but maybe that is Jodi's decision.

When will we actually get to read the transcripts? This morning? This afternoon? Tomorrow?

Paraphrasing from Beth: Apparently JM read about the supplemental motion in the newspaper. He asked that in the future defense pass along a copy to him "at least at the same time as the media".:clap: KN said it was filed & on record and he couldn't help it if JM didn't check there. JSS told him that he should give it directly to JM.

I can't copy and paste tweets today. Working on a paper. Thank you to those that will! :loveyou:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 5m5 minutes ago
We expect to file an emergency order to unseal the transcripts immediately. #JodiaArias @12News

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Geffner is going over questions regarding the PTSD #jodiarias #3tvarias

This is my favorite part, "As a result, while we do not discount the volume or nature of
Arias’ mail or the fact that some people may wish her ill..." The COA doesn't like her either, lol!

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 3m3 minutes ago
My colleague @william_pitts is in the #JodiArias trial today. If you're interested in the case, he's a MUST FOLLOW. #TravisAlexander

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 4m4 minutes ago
Psychological Jig Saw Puzzle of #jodiarias again the topic of def. expert Dr. R. Geffner #3tvarias

Wow, a lot of animosity from KN to JM. Actually, I think the whole defense team and their witnesses are taking things very personally, because of their acting out and rudeness.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 1m1 minute ago
Media Atty will make emergency filing to unseal #JodiArias closed door transcripts right away. Let's see if court agrees. #abc15

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq ·
"@maryellenabc15: Media Atty will make emergency filing to unseal #JodiArias closed door transcripts right away.

Per BK , the transcript will be unsealed when CMJA either takes the stand or is on record as refusing to do so.

Oh great! So now she will do neither until she absolutely has to do one or the other. Nurmi simply won't call her to the stand and probably can get away with stating she will not testify in open court until, probably well into Spring 2015. Yes I believe this thing could easily drag out that long.

ETA: I am changing my tune on the above because I now believe BK's info to be incorrect.

She has already been found indigent. That finding will carry over to appeal. The State does not get to decide if her appeal is viable before approving the funds. That would be a major conflict of interest for sure. :)

The concern was that JA wouldn't get the right to testify and had not voluntarily waived the right BECAUSE she felt pressured into waiving the right due to the death threats, etc.

Hmm...seems to work differently here in Canada. We have a convicted murderer who has applied for legal aid 4 times to fund an appeal and has been turned down each time. Now the COA has determined that because he has a grade 9 education, he is on lockdown 23hrs a day with no access to a law library, and that the appeal he wants to make would require the assistance of an attorney, the Crown will pay for him to use the attorney he used to appeal to them (who did it pro bono for him). No word yet on whether this attorney has agreed to be paid on the legal aid scale for his work on the appeal. :giggle:

Thanks for your information on how it works in AZ

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 10m10 minutes ago
KN could still appeal the Court of Appeals decision that #jodiArias cannot testify in secret to the AZ Supreme Court

-- Jodi will demand that he does, in my opinion. What does she have to lose? Not a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela