Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we getting mixed messages? I daren't believe it yet.

It makes sense. AZL can explain it better, but it's a two-part process. You ask for a hearing AND for them to issue a stay to avoid happening whatever it is that you are appealing to prevent. As MK indicated, their denying a stay almost surely means that they are going to reject the appeal.

But of course Laurence is going to argue that since the judge has already set a hearing on it for next week that we might as well wait for that, because we really need to wait until they actually reject the appeal. We wouldn't want to disrupt the trial by jumping the gun or anything.

Better yet, does Nurmi and the convicted killer know they lost yet? any report of them pulling out their hair or screaming Noooooooo yet?

I expect her highness to have a migraine very soon -- like around the afternoon break !

She is not going to take the news well at all ... oh well !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I just texted hubby "mama has transcripts from court to read tonight. Stop at the wine store. Make it a big bottle"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
So if expert is saying search terms/views are happening so quickly, doesn't that lean more toward a virus? #jodiarias

A virus named #jodiarias :floorlaugh:

MOO

Couldn't a trojan or virus mimic the effects of physically typing a search into a search box??

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi asked Supreme Court to not allow release of transcript while it considers its final decision. The court said no. The appeal continues.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 34s35 seconds ago
But you have to have a likelihood of success to get a stay. If you don't get a stay, it means the court doesn't expect to rule in your favor

BBM. I totally agree with everything you say.

When I first started watching this trial along with WS, back in January 2013, many, many people made comparison to the Casey Anthony trial (as they still do today). I didn't follow that trial (too much on my plate at the time, lol) and so it sometimes got frustrating. But I came to realize people were expressing the trauma they felt at what they saw as being let down by the court system. Now I know exactly how they feel. Everything that's gone on during this retrial has made me lose a lot of faith in our justice system -- particularly the secrecy, which is downright un-American IMO. I really hope the AZ Court of Appeals hands down an even more strongly worded opinion.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was traumatic and she got away free and clear. (Will kind of. Not Bella Vita)

And/or the viruses connecting to *advertiser censored* sites and opening tab after tab.

That's what I mean. Those pesky *advertiser censored* pop ups you get when you have s virus and like 50 web pages open at once. That's what it sounds like to me.

Well, then, the transcripts will be released as JSS stated there would be a hearing if there had been no word from the SC. There HAS been word from the SC... but will she listen is the question- I guess?

I just texted hubby "mama has transcripts from court to read tonight. Stop at the wine store. Make it a big bottle"

LOL I just told mine not to expect dinner and oh yeah could he please pick up something already made from the store on the way home. Poor guy.

Finally!!! I am positively elated, and have sincere thanks to the AZ Supreme Court for demonstrating respect for the Constitution and not allowing this secrecy--what is in the transcripts is of little concern to me, what matters is that the information is no longer hidden--to continue.:happydance:

Agreed. I doubt that there will be much surprise in the murderer's testimony- better, and bigger, and more elaborate LIES. But now they will be available for public scrutiny.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 32s32 seconds ago
My take:We still won't see the secret transcript.SC didn't grant Stay but JSS will not release til SC agrees/not to hear argument #JodiArias

And/or the viruses connecting to *advertiser censored* sites and opening tab after tab.

I got a virus once from a DYI site and tabs and all sorts of sites were opening so fast. It was unreal.

The 13th Juror MD ‏@The13thJurorMD 31s32 seconds ago
#JodiArias secret testimony must be released...per Supreme Ct. JSS promised quick compliance this AM if Court favored media!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
My take:We still won't see the secret transcript.SC didn't grant Stay but JSS will not release til SC agrees/not to hear argument #JodiArias

Nurmi asked Supreme Court to not allow release of transcript while it considers its final decision. The court said no. The appeal continues.

But you have to have a likelihood of success to get a stay. If you don't get a stay, it means the court doesn't expect to rule in your favor

BBM

Why is he stopping short of saying, "and the transcript will be released"?

Ah! He should have said that in the first place LOL Whew!

Why was BK the first and apparently only reporter to get this news? Direct from the DT over the lunch hour?

MOO
Because they have more of a vested interest in it???

So what I take from that is this...

They want transcripts released now. No decision yet on whether the Supreme Court will allow jodi to continue to testify in private. But because they ordered the transcripts released now, they doubt they will grant the other stay. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member