Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm now I want to know what question was!

And I'm sure the rest of the jury will want to know, too. The juror who asked it will never forget it and I'm sure it will be discussed between them during deliberation. JMO

Juror question: 'You're a detective. Can you tell us what trial we are sitting in on today? What the helio is happening?'

Are we just waiting for the DT to call their last witness(es) at this point? Once they do that... what is left in this portion of the trial?

Beth reports: RE JA's secret testimony- The transcript is 144 pages.

I don't doubt that whether the jury decide to give JA life or death, that it won't have anything to do with *advertiser censored* or police misconduct.

Anyways. In my opinion, the DT was actually doing a good job before this "child *advertiser censored* found/misconduct" BS, so in one way all this confusion helps the prosecution some. Albeit indirectly lol.

IMO the defense should put on their mitigation witnesses, if they have any, or rest. It is over.

I guess they are giving JA until Wednesday to decide if she will further testify. I predict, not. This case may be over this month if she goes that route. Who else could they possibly have left? Seems like "computer gate" is over with. Finally. No prosecutor conduct and DP will not be removed. NEXT...

"The jury: The presentation of information has been SO fragmented to them, and I know so much about the facts and nuances of the case that I cannot even begin to guess what they must be thinking. BUT I can't help but think that being told you were going to be on a case until mid-December and now finding yourself still there for this out-of-order jumble of testimony in mid-January has to be frustrating. And yes, if I were on this particular jury I am probably the kind who might be taking a sneak peak at the internet, just to find out what the heck is going on. Not saying that is the right thing to do, but these people are human beings, with lives to live."

I can't imagine that the current jury doesn't already have some idea what happened during the last trial. So I'm hoping they are able to keep up just based on prior knowledge.

I would be too freaked out to go against an oath I took like that. If I were sworn on to a final jury I would do exactly what I said I would do- someone elses life is at stake.

The possible juror question:

" is there anybody here that doesn't have at least one *advertiser censored* site accessed on their computer history?"

I've thought about that too. If someone accessed MY computer, they'd find all kinds of stuff I've googled or read a lot about during trials I've followed or Discovery Investigation shows I've watched. Also accidentally opened *advertiser censored* sites doing that. CLOSED IMMEDIATELY.

Didn't JA remotely access TA's computer from time to time? Also, IMO she was leaps and bound ahead of him in sexual experience. Things he may have thought about, but never considered to actually experience became tangible with Jodi. She was pushing him to be more aggressive. He had to get the ideas somewhere. He was serious abut ending it with her.

Juan knows he's already won this because the killer, at the very worst, will spend life in prison. And at the very best she'll spend life on death row at the same prison. She won't get executed.

The rest of this for him is just games. Like a chess match. He doesn't seem to get rattled or enraged. He just brings his 'A' game and does what he needs to do to keep his part going. It will take as long as it takes. Juan's cool as a cucumber. We could all learn something from seeing how Juan handles this case.

Last mitigation phase was all Nurmi and Wilmott- IMOO.

This mitigation phase is all Jodi Ann Arias. The contrast is striking and evident.

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias defense attorney Kirk Nurmi looks stern in court Mon. during sentencing retrial. Testimony about *advertiser censored* http://t.co/B8jq7LaKan

yikes.jpg

And ditto Flores. A real professional. Stays cool, calm, doesn't take things personally. It's their job and they are very good at doing it. No matter how long it takes, no matter how many delays, they are doing what needs to be done (Martinez & Flores).

I was a bit concerned about the *advertiser censored* issue when the Defense first brought it up. Now I see that, once again, they are baseless accusations. Desperate, vengeful and greedy characters trying every iniquitous trick in the book to vilify the victim. Shame on them.

I suppose the only good thing that could possibly come out of all these motion and hearings and requests for mistrial would be that JA will have a difficult time claiming ineffective assistance of counsel during an appeal?

I'm to the point where I think Nurmi and Wilmott are kind of just playing games. They know they have a rotten, guilty client and an inexperienced judge. And they are getting paid. So what more perfect set-up than to just file whatever the heck they can possibly file, get to argue it in court, and get paid for the learning experience?

I guess they are giving JA until Wednesday to decide if she will further testify. I predict, not. This case may be over this month if she goes that route. Who else could they possibly have left? Seems like "computer gate" is over with. Finally. No prosecutor conduct and DP will not be removed. NEXT...
How would they explain to the jury that their other Witnesses aren't coming back? I look for the dt to drag them all back and put JA on the stand too. Plus JM gets to cross them all. Neumeister comes back on the 20th I think. Truth is its all over. But they started this awful ball rolling. Or...Jodi did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966