Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi will file a hundred more motions before this thing is done. It's their only game plan to create more drama and slow things down as much as they can. Well that and trying to take whatever rulings they can up the chain.

Beth reports:

RE JA's secret testimony- The transcript is 144 pages.

BBM: With redactions ? JMO but no doubt they took "something out" !

And is this for both of the days she secretly testified ?

TIA !

But didnt Nurmi say he had 14 more witnesses?

WOW! Just when I was beginning to wonder if I could hang in until the end of this trial! Having the fact that there was no child *advertiser censored* found on Travis' computer made public, in front of the jury, I'll be here until the end. Of all the lies this murderer has told, that one was the most horrible!!!!! I would love to see a photo of the murderer's evil face when that truth was said. What else is left for this DT to lie about?

There is no problem if anyone has *advertiser censored* on their own (personal) computer. None. As long as it's not CHILD *advertiser censored*. There is no child *advertiser censored* on TA's computer. No issue at all, never was.

And, anyone anywhere who looks at *advertiser censored* is not in trouble with the law as long as whatever they are accessing or looking at involves people 18 or older.

There are so many places where the Arias trial is being discussed out there in cyberland. Webforums, social media platforms, all over really. WS is but one place in the big wide web world. I don't think he's talking about WS specifically and only.

No, he probably wasn't.

Which is why my post was worded: "Well, azcentral continues its cyber-bullying of WS'ers and other trial watchers this a.m."

And his broad brush definitely included the Alexander family.

Good evening everyody! It's 10.35 pm here and I'll try to ch.atch up after a long working day.
How are things going?

The possible juror question:

" is there anybody here that doesn't have at least one *advertiser censored* site accessed on their computer history?"

I've thought about that too. If someone accessed MY computer, they'd find all kinds of stuff I've googled or read a lot about during trials I've followed or Discovery Investigation shows I've watched. Also accidentally opened *advertiser censored* sites doing that. CLOSED IMMEDIATELY.

Didn't JA remotely access TA's computer from time to time? Also, IMO she was leaps and bound ahead of him in sexual experience. Things he may have thought about, but never considered to actually experience became tangible with Jodi. She was pushing him to be more aggressive. He had to get the ideas somewhere. He was serious abut ending it with her.

One thing I know for sure, if the jury does NOT give her death, I will NOT blame the jury, curse the jury, wish ill upon the jury etc like I did with the Florida 12. At this point, this jury must not have a clue what's even going on. Pretty hard for us to expect them to kill her when they are hearing only its and pieces. They don't have the slightest knowledge of the trial or half of what we know, what the other jury knew.
Plus, the hop, skip and a jump over here, from witness A to witness D, back to C, have you seen B, total schmoozle.

I won't say who I will blame because we were all warned, but it won't be the jury.

Tweeters are still tweeting

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 3 min.3 minuten geleden
#JodiArias claimed she shot TA cuz he was mad she dropped his camera.Even if *advertiser censored* WAS on the PC, verdict would've been the same. #irrelevant

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 2 min.2 minuten geleden
Trial is concludes for the day, jury dismissed. No court tomorrow due to witness issues. #JodiArias

More like DT issues with a "judge" that refuses to move it along.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 31m31 minutes ago
#jodiarias still in court, in conversation with Willmott and Nurmi.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 30m30 minutes ago
They're kicking me out now. #jodiarias
----

More double-secret-probation stuff?

One thing I know for sure, if the jury does NOT give her death, I will NOT blame the jury, curse the jury, wish ill upon the jury etc like I did with the Florida 12. At this point, this jury must not have a clue what's even going on. Pretty hard for us to expect them to kill her when they are hearing only its and pieces. They don't have the slightest knowledge of the trial or half of what we know, what the other jury knew.
Plus, the hop, skip and a jump over here, from witness A to witness D, back to C, have you seen B, total schmoozle.

I won't say who I will blame because we were all warned, but it won't be the jury.

Even if there's a perfectly run courtroom (which I've had the great fortune of witnessing in my local jurisdiction), and everyone plays by the rules exactly as they should, there's still no guarantee of a death sentence in any case. It's not a slam dunk. Twelve people agreeing to put someone to death is not as easy as we may think it should be. If the jury decides differently, it's no one's fault. The choice is entirely in their hands. Juan will make sure they have all the facts they need to render a decision. It just may not be the decision the state wants.

Unless I missed it, we still need AZLawyer to tell us why the prosecutorial misconduct motion hearing began without the jury present, but now continues to be argued before the jury.

Look at what Norton just let pop up on my screen..

w9eefa.png

A month ago I wouldn't have paid it any mind. Look at what Norton does on it's own and what Spybot or some other program did on TA's computer in 2009 as well. "Misconduct" my foot.

One thing I don't understand is if JA gave direct testimony in front of the jury, how can she refuse to be crossed in front of the jury? How can that be HER choice?

I suppose the only good thing that could possibly come out of all these motion and hearings and requests for mistrial would be that JA will have a difficult time claiming ineffective assistance of counsel during an appeal?

I'm to the point where I think Nurmi and Wilmott are kind of just playing games. They know they have a rotten, guilty client and an inexperienced judge. And they are getting paid. So what more perfect set-up than to just file whatever the heck they can possibly file, get to argue it in court, and get paid for the learning experience?

Yeah. I have been convinced for some time now that Nurmi has been dragging this out on purpose for a Win-Win. It helps give him a financial gain AND it keeps JA from going to prison.

JA thinks in her mind that she is still not convicted. To some extent she is right. Until this is finally over, I worry that she is somehow going to get out of it. This so needs to end.

One huge mistake JA and the DT is making by bringing up all these haphazard motions and alleged prosecurial misconduct distractions is those could have been good items to save during real appeals of the original verdict. I am sure she will use them again in her real appeals but I have to think that they are ruining some of their chances because Nurmi is not an appeals attorney. If JA would have saved all these things, she would have had a better chance later to use them.

With the way she has brought up everything already, an appeals court will be able to see how a lot of things were already struck down and already decided during trial.
Not to say she ever has a real chance at any appeals anyway. My goodness she murdered an innocent man in cold blood.

I honestly think if JA would have just went with a defense of claiming she lost her head in a fit of jealous rage and she is terribly sorry, throw out a bunch of fake tears, and throw herself at the mercy of the court, then she would have gotten a sentence that perhaps 1 day in the far far future she may have even gotten parole.

But her methods and way she has handled her defense has thrown what little chance she had out the window. It is a terrible defense to blast your victim and try to lie that you somehow had justification when everyone on earth already knows you viciously stabbed him and why you did it.

Unless I missed it, we still need AZLawyer to tell us why the prosecutorial misconduct motion hearing began without the jury present, but now continues to be argued before the jury.

She answered your question. You missed it.

Snipped

IMO the judge is (properly) allowing the jury to hear that the evidence was not "pristine." This is normal so that the jury doesn't equate the absence of evidence (of, e.g., child *advertiser censored*) with evidence of absence. The jury needs to know that it is POSSIBLE, although extremely unlikely, that there was something on the computer that wasn't found because of these inadvertent alterations.

I've thought about that too. If someone accessed MY computer, they'd find all kinds of stuff I've googled or read a lot about during trials I've followed or Discovery Investigation shows I've watched. Also accidentally opened *advertiser censored* sites doing that. CLOSED IMMEDIATELY.

Didn't JA remotely access TA's computer from time to time? Also, IMO she was leaps and bound ahead of him in sexual experience. Things he may have thought about, but never considered to actually experience became tangible with Jodi. She was pushing him to be more aggressive. He had to get the ideas somewhere. He was serious abut ending it with her.

Absolutely! Including, but not limited to some "salad" thang in the Arias trial, I could have happily lived my entire life without knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog