Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 26, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun... Go take a steak knife and jam it into a basketball/football/soccer ball with your dominant hand, then do to again but use your non dominant hand. Report back with your funny findings. Ie it is funny most people can't even get the knife into a ball with their non dominant because their coordination is so off when using it. It'd be highly unlikely almost improbable for somebody to use their non Dominant hand during a knife fight (remember very very few of these wounds were superficial most were fairly deep)

I really wonder about him too and how much he really knows. He was the first one she called after turning her phone back on. And she also stayed with him on her way to Mesa to kill Travis. Who stole the gunfor her while she was out with her sister? And how did she retrieve it from them? Jodi says she had an alibi for the theft and no one had really questioned it, that I remember. He seemed overly supportive of her, willing to lie, if she needed someone to vouch for something she'd said, she'd call on Matt, with the seeming knowledge that he'd go along with whatever she said...

BIt I'm just spitballing.

I've wondered if Matt initially wanted to help her, however, at some time wanted out. Did he say he would lie for her as a way of distancing himself? That statement pretty much guarantees he wouldn't get dragged into any of this.

Oh gosh that gives me chills

You are probably right hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't see her getting back on. I'm betting it's killing her, she wants to, so badly. You know she thinks she can fix the mess Geffner left. On one hand, I'd love to watch Juan have a crack at her but on the other, I've listened to her puppets spew enough BS for the last 3 months. I don't think I can listen to her for another 18 days.

Don't forget the motion filed today guys. :lol:

"Defense motion requesting a mistrial based on prosecutor disclosing mitigation witness name in open court, revealing the name of an expert witness & accusing Dr. Geffner of "smearing" the victim"

Click on link ----> http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01/jodi-arias-defense-motion-requesting.html?m=1

Not seeing the problem there on the smearing part lol. I mean, Willmott brought it up first by outright asking Geffner if he's smearing Travis and Geffner said no. So Juan was just all, but you ARE smearing him, aren't you? Can't blame Juan for walking through open doors, I say.

Exactly. This is the only case I have ever witnessed where the defendant is literally asking for the DP.

She continues to trash both the victim and his family when it is totally obvious to most that he nor they do not deserve any of it.

Even if we try to give the DT some of their allegations, the totality of the case solidly proves that there was nothing that Travis did that warranted Jodi butchering him up. And for JA to be bashing him and his family like she is doing it is just beyond belief.

And even when you try to give the DT the benefit of the doubt on some things, along comes a juror question that asks Geff if there is any corroborating evidence whatsoever of abuse other than JA words and he flatly says "NO". And NO evidence of child *advertiser censored* either

And yet this entire case, JA and DT keeps on trashing Travis and his family. She is practically begging the jury to give her the DP. It is mind boggling

^^BBM^^

I started out trying to "bold" the good parts, but I ended up, with your entire post bolded.

What an astute post! Thank You!

I hope ALL their shenanigans fail...I don't want this to become the norm in American Justice.

I just can't see her getting back on. I'm betting it's killing her, she wants to, so badly. You know she thinks she can fix the mess Geffner left. On one hand, I'd love to watch Juan have a crack at her but on the other, I've listened to her puppets spew enough BS for the last 3 months. I don't think I can listen to her for another 18 days.

I don't think they can go on and on for 18 days since I think her testimony needs to be relevant to her mitigation. I mean of course her attorneys could drag that out if they wanted to but I think they realized her being up on the stand THAT long was too long. You can take jodi in small doses. I really am pretty fairly certain they have no other choice than to put jodi up now but I suspect their line of questioning will have changed to fit into what happened today. Example, they're going to focus on what they think they can cause doubt in one jurors mind about. That's obvious it's not pedo. They're gonna go on and on about how she felt, how she perceived his actions pre and day of murder. But more importantly they only want to humanize her right now. That's it, that's their only chance at saving her life after tonight. She has to come across as redeemable just enough not to kill her

Oh wow, I thought that was a good one for the state the way Jen wrote it. That's disappointing.

And for me, I worried about that question when I saw it. (JMO)

ETA: At the time I wrote this I was obviously way behind. It is now 2:50 AM EST, and this has been discussed thoroughly and I am no longer worried. Hopefully, I have learned a valuable lesson, all good things come to those who wait. BBM.................... :facepalm:

I've wondered if Matt initially wanted to help her, however, at some time wanted out. Did he say he would lie for her as a way of distancing himself? That statement pretty much guarantees he wouldn't get dragged into any of this.

I think it's like he said, things came up that were more important than Jodi, he was already in pretty deep and found a way to extract himself from this mess before he got even deeper. He was really helping her for a long time before he became a non factor. It must have just gotten exhausting.

I don't think they can go on and on for 18 days since I think her testimony needs to be relevant to her mitigation. I mean of course her attorneys could drag that out if they wanted to but I think they realized her being up on the stand THAT long was too long. You can take jodi in small doses. I really am pretty fairly certain they have no other choice than to put jodi up now but I suspect their line of questioning will have changed to fit into what happened today. Example, they're going to focus on what they think they can cause doubt in one jurors mind about. That's obvious it's not pedo. They're gonna go on and on about how she felt, how she perceived his actions pre and day of murder. But more importantly they only want to humanize her right now. That's it, that's their only chance at saving her life after tonight. She has to come across as redeemable just enough not to kill her

She has also been advised to not stay on the stand too long this time and by day two of her testimony was already a bit into the relationship with Travis where before it took forever to get there. If she gets up there I expect her time to be cut in half, maybe more.

After today and all the crap I don't think I could read her lies anymore. I am whipped. I agree she wants to but surely her team won't allow her. it would be jw questioning her as she started in the secret testimony imo.

I might have to take some time off don't think I can read anymore garbage out of her mouth.

IMO that was the perfect "out" for him to avoid uncomfortable questions from the prosecution about some of his possible conduct in this case and to distance himself from JA for the sake of his wife and family. By saying that, he looked like he was loyal to JA but at the same time an unreliable witness. She may have been a bit miffed at him at first for saying that but I'm sure he passed it off as not realizing what he was doing and just getting angry with JM. IF he said it to JM. Do we know if that's what happened?

MOO

Just a little FYI for anyone worried about the few DV questions from the jury..

My little spy whose a member over "there" says they are more than concerned about all the ? And that even most of them think they were calling out Geffner on the DV bull carp. So chins up. If her minions are scared, we shouldn't be.

I have seen that my question has been answered as to how the cut to the left ring finger would have occurred and I thank you to what now makes sense. Now to my other question. I firmly believe that yes her tendon was cut on June 4, 2008, there just does not seem to be any other explanation. By the time Detective Flores interviewed her mid July, it is possible for it to have been healed. Correct? Does this kind of injury bleed for a long period of time? By the time she was in Utah, I wonder how would she have hid this type of injury. Band aids were seen on top of the left hand (I think that is what Ryan said). Even if it were the right hand there could have been injuries to both hands. Or the band aid on the left ring finger was not seen by anyone and perhaps she kept it out of view as much as possible?? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thank you so much. (JMO)

ETA: Ryan Burns was on a 30 minute story/show on Investigative Discovery channel in January of 2015 (cannot recall exact title) where he indicated band aids on top of her hand, nothing about her left ring finger.

Where's steely? I'm worried, has anyone seen him today?

Steely, come play with us.

salacious: [adj.] relating to sex in a way that is excessive or offensive [Merriam-Webster]

Today JM said to Geffner that the exchanged messages between JA and Ryan Burns "were salacious". I hope that means we'll see them during rebuttal. I bet JA was sexually "aggressive" with RB, like with Abe and probably numerous others. I'd like JM to call Ryan Burns during rebuttal to illustrate JA's cold-hearted manipulations.

"Salacious" can be a synonym for the slangier word "racy." I always think of Cosmopolitan magazine as salacious. However, I'm betting JM is deliberately sandbagging and the truth is way more lusty than that, and now the jury's left to ponder that little juicy tidbit along with wondering why it's impossible for TA to have been masturbating while kneeling. He likely also is playing vocabulary games with Geff. Geff had tried unsuccessfully to dismantle JM by using SAT-level vocabulary ("conflate" comes to mind, but there was some other stuff); IIRC this went along with Fonseca's strategy of saying/implying "you wouldn't know this, but......." Geff might not in fact know the word "salacious": it is considerably rarer than "conflate". Maybe JM used some other high brow vocabulary on him as well. Plus, he kept snagging Geff with his own imprecise usage for even elementary school words, like "believe", which would have to mean "evaluation not primarily based on facts." It's all delicious....

I'm always amazed at JM's facility with language, and he does this on the fly. I'll bet he can do it in Spanish, too. Amazing!

JM's command of urban slang sex words and close-to-medical sex terms, and how he can switch between them on a dime, I always find hilarious as well. He can go from raunch to politely doctor-ish from one sentence to the next. He flustered ALV with this strategy because he knew she was "old-fashioned" when it came to sex: for all ALV's career focus on DV, she wasn't at all comfortable talking about sex, medical, raunchy, inventive, or otherwise. How could you talk DV without talking sex? And for the DT have a key expert in the guilt-phase who wasn't comfortable with sex topics, when their whole case was larded with it......? Same with Fonseca. JM didn't make Geff play in this sandbox, but I'm sure it would have been great fun! I think ALV's maturity in this area ended with the "birds and the bees" conversation.

She has also been advised to not stay on the stand too long this time and by day two of her testimony was already a bit into the relationship with Travis where before it took forever to get there. If she gets up there I expect her time to be cut in half, maybe more.

Until JM gets a hold of her on cross. And she gives him snippy, snotty answers that don't answer anything. Then it will be another marathon trying to drag any truthful information out of her or just allowing her to show off her poor lying skills some more.

I think AZLawyer is correct though. I think the DT will move to have her previous testimony considered allocution and she will continue on down memory lane with her "The Story of Us" ode to TA the abusive pedophile to complete that allocution. No more t-shirts and family photos this time around. Just a tale of woe about how TA tried to kill her and in her fragile emotional abused PTSD, BPD state of mind, she had no choice but to kill him instead although it's all such a fog. Guilty verdict for premeditated first degree murder with cruelty be damned, this jury will listen to her, believe her and spare her life. Mark her words.

MOO

I have seen that my question has been answered as to how the cut to the left ring finger would have occurred and I thank you to what now makes sense. Now to my other question. I firmly believe that yes her tendon was cut on June 4, 2008, there just does not seem to be any other explanation. By the time Detective Flores interviewed her mid July, it is possible for it to have been healed. Correct? Does this kind of injury bleed for a long period of time? By the time she was in Utah, I wonder how would she have hid this type of injury. Band aids were seen on top of the left hand (I think that is what Ryan said). Even if it were the right hand there could have been injuries to both hands. Or the band aid on the left ring finger was not seen by anyone and perhaps she kept it out of view as much as possible?? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thank you so much. (JMO)
Now, a lot of this is speculation since healing, bleeding loss ect is very dependent on Where exactly she cut herself and other variables like how deep
For the time to heal, roughly 1-2 weeks for it to have "healed". This doesn't mean it wouldn't be noticeable after 1-2 weeks but I'd think a good scar would have formed, and use of it would have returned.
Initial bleeding is hard to say. If she cut herself where I think she did which was the flexor tendon on her ring finger the initial bleeding event would have pretty average considering it was able to heal on its own with minimal aftercare. I would think it would be easy to cover up a 1cm deep laceration in this area with a band aid while visiting RB

Also, to further discredit Geff he stated he thought yes her finger was broken by TA. Now, we know with him having a Dr people will take that as in his scientific opinion he thinks her finger is broken. But what he was answering was he believed Jodie's story that her finger was broken (see how that is much different) since geffner hasn't evaluated Jodie finger and isn't a medical doctor he couldn't be able to opine about whether or not her finger was actually broke but he certainly answered or alluded to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem