Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when he says attorney put this out there does he mean the defense told him to go this route and they got the law wrong so like ask them?

Wow.

Even BK just said she doesn't know what point JM was trying to make. Then he brought up the letter JA wrote from jail. Then he said he is finished. Redirect now. What?!!!!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago
Juan ended cross examination by pointing out that #jodiarias wrote the 18 page letter to TA family (lying about murder) dated TA's bday
----

Powerful way to end.

Gimme some jury questions.

This will be our only indication of where this poor panel of JA's victims are in their individual thought processes after three months of kangaroo court.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 47s48 seconds ago
Geffner kept refusing to turn over his info to DeMarte without proof that she was qualified to look at it. Ha! #jodiarias
When he was on the stand in 2013, Geffner "suggested" that DeMarte gave Jodi an IQ test because it was something that inexperienced people did to pad their bill.

Since Dr. DeMarte explained why she did it (Jodi's smiley mugshot and reported happy demeanor in jail made DeMarte want to rule out an "intellectual deficit"), I assumed that somebody explained to Geffner later why that was not the best answer and really didn't make him look too bright. Apparently, nobody did.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 56s 57 seconds ago
Juan asks if Geff looked at the ME report. He asks if he knew the letter was written on TA's birthday...
Geff didn't know that. #jodiarias

he doesn't know much does he

Playing dumb is what the defense witnesses are good at. Fortunately, it doesn't take much acting to do so.

Lol. Wait I just read the part you bolded. So Nurmi or Wilmott used the wrong thing (that only applies to drugs and alocohol) to say that Dr. G didn't have to show the tests to Dr. DeMarte? :laughing:
No, the attorney for his clinic apparently suggested it. It's just that nothing is ever Geff's (or Jodi's) fault, they never do anything incorrectly, and the fault is always someone else's. Birds of a feather and all that.

I'd pay to see assessments of her psych 'experts'. They have some serious mental health issues all their own.

Her mom is 5 seats to my left. Can hear whispers but that's it. Geff has resumed witness stand but still in recess. JA take her glasses off when no jury.

Obviously stall tactics.

He himself has had courtroom experience with unethical behavior so I wonder if some of it was due to him being reprimanded to ensure to follow all the rules. At first he may have been just ensuring she was properly liscensed but then it seems like stall tactics were done on purpose.

These hired guns at trials are a disgrace and it makes me feel very sorry for all the convicts who have been prosecuted by such tactics. I even feel sorry for some guilty people if certain prosecuters would use these shady tactics.

It is just plain wrong if they stretch the truth and in some cases openly lie. A person should be convicted or set free based solely on accurate evidence and not generated shady evidence for $$$$. What a crock.

It is depressing to think of how many people have had more lengthy sentences or even incorrect verdicts for such tactics. Neither side should be able to do this and it is just plain wrong.

If the evidence is accurate then fine. But that is not what the DT is portraying in this case.

Hm. In the Netherlands, the judge is very much in charge of the investigation and hires independent experts. But we don't have a jury system here so I think even when the experts are hired by lawyers they are less theatrical (for a lack of a better word) about it all since the judge knows all the details about the case and has the option to hire someone else.

But I don't know if it's a better system or not. I'm sure it has it's pitfalls as well..

Gimme some jury questions.

This will be our only indication of where this poor panel of JA's victims are in their individual thought processes after three months of kangaroo court.

I am really unsure of any questions they could come up with that did not involve sarcasm. :(

No, the attorney for his clinic apparently suggested it. It's just that nothing is ever Geff's (or Jodi's) fault, they never do anything incorrectly, and the fault is always someone else's. Birds of a feather and all that.

I'd pay to see assessments of her psych 'experts'. They have some serious mental health issues all their own.

Killjoy. :p

Even BK just said she doesn't know what point JM was trying to make. Then he brought up the letter JA wrote from jail. Then he said he is finished. Redirect now. What?!!!!

You mean bringing the letter up? Or the whole cross? Which part didn't she get? Thanks.

I think with the letter he's just setting up for Demarte.

Couldn't have predicted this when JSKS blacked out her super secret courtroom, but I'm actually so relieved that I don't have to hear JW's voice on re-direct.

It was obviously to leave the jury with the last little tidbit that the murderer wrote this sick letter to the Alexanders on Travis's birthday. And since Jenny wanted time to go do some coaching, that gets to sit on the juror's minds for 15 minutes or so and really sink in before her pathetic redirect happens.

Her mom is 5 seats to my left. Can hear whispers but that's it. Geff has resumed witness stand but still in recess. JA take her glasses off when no jury.

So the glasses are a prop!

seems to have gone all quiet again from jen..wonder whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members