Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason it just doesn't "feel" like the home stretch. Yet it is. Sigh.....

They're still trying to run out the clock to meet the date of the case which is trying to get the Death Penalty overturned in Arizona. It's in February.

Am I confused again? Vernon Parker...state or defense. If he was defense wouldn't they already have taken his depo?

I don't know, but at this point why bother. She's done, this is just to decide how she'll die in prison.

So I guess Geffner didn't set up the next part of her testimony like her dementos were saving back months?

How more outrageous and perverted were her lies going to be if she did testify?

They've become accustomed to being accomodated if they stomp their feet long enough. From their POV, they have nothing to lose by stomping and pouting.

exactly. This is why setting these types of precedents is so harmful!

I wonder who else JM is planning to call.

If this entire email gets to the jury..what I am getting from it is that it includes a REASON that she talks and texts so late with Travis. In that it was due to not having to do during the expensive day time on her plan with minute restrictions, but unlimited at night.

:D for the prosecution getting this little gem in of information for the puzzle. Nope DT....calling at late night isn't the sign of a pervert...

JA had just lost her house when she moved to Mesa, i.e. she was homeless. Whatever work she did in Mesa, including with PPL wasn't even enough to prevent her Infiniti from being repossessed. Abe said he talked to JA every mo. or two, so I wish he could testify to why she wasn't successful with PPL. Ditto why she got fired from Mimi's Cafe. My guess, stalking Travis there was a 24/7 obsession.

I will be mighty disappointed if Judge doesn't allow Abe to rebut the good little Mormon schtick the defense has put out. That doesn't really seem fair. The state should be able to present who Jodi really was. Maybe he can be vague about it. Hoping.

It also shows that Jodi will let man in her pants pretty damn quick. So much for it being too soon with Travis.

They're still trying to run out the clock to meet the date of the case which is trying to get the Death Penalty overturned in Arizona. It's in February.

Huh??? Can you explain? I've no idea what you mean. :)

the Bishop/his wife, Deanna, Abe, Dr. DeMarte. Anyone else??

Wasn't there a roommate of Travis? I know defense tried to suppress but I'm not sure we ever heard what came of that. Didn't Juan allude to a new computer expert during the BN/Pseu D. Nim brouhaha?

It just occurred to me that maybe she WANTS to be given the DP. More chances of that appeal that in her mind is going to set her free altogether. And this trial can be dedicated solely to trashing Travis and hurting everyone on her most hated list.

They've become accustomed to being accomodated if they stomp their feet long enough. From their POV, they have nothing to lose by stomping and pouting.

I'd like to hope JSS will prevent JW's nonstop interruptions of Dr. Demarte this time, but I can't.

I hope Bernina does not mind but I brought her post of tweets over here:

From BK's site...........update for this morning's events:

•The defense will rest once the jury is in. They have no more witnesses.
•Arias will not finish her testimony.
•The State will NOT move to strike her testimony.
•The State is expected to call 3 witnesses today: Deanna Reid, Bishop Parker, Abe Abduhadi.
•At this time, the defense does not want any special instruction to the jury about Arias not completing her testimony.

I don't know if Juan will be able to get them all on the stand today due to the delay. He doesn't need days and days and days to have his witnesses up there. The truth comes out quick.

Plenty of time to clean my coffee roaster before JSKS hands the keys to her court back to the killer.

Right. The DT is like Pavlo's dog. Because of how they have been given all these special favors, they are trained now to scream and stamp their feet if they want something. And for the few times where they are shot down then they file a motion with the Supreme Court. LOL

I know her family has been at the trial her mom, dad, younger sister and younger brother. Does anybody know if her other brother has been in court to support Jodi? Is his name Carl?

Just wondering

It just occurred to me that maybe she WANTS to be given the DP. More chances of that appeal that in her mind is going to set her free altogether. And this trial can be dedicated solely to trashing Travis and hurting everyone on her most hated list.

She will try to make her effort to fight against those trying to kill her and her sisters on death row. she's spew the most vile lies and there will no stopping, her free speech and all.

This judge just violated the AZ constitution again, trampling on the rights of the victim's family so as not to offend the sensibilities of a murderer.

And you expect fair? I've muzzled myself, but lost every ounce of respect for JSS the day she allowed the DT to slime Flores with impunity. I don't expect fairness from her. That way I'm never disappointed.

Following this trial has been very bad for me. To accept that this judge has openly violated the Constitution in favor of a convicted murderer is way beyond my coping skills. I will never see the criminal justice system the same way again. And knowing the defense could buy an expert at the right price to say anything they wanted has broken my heart. I think those experts should also be on trial. I can't imagine what this is doing to Travis's friends and family, those who really knew him. At this point I even believe Juan Martinez has lost some of his fire. He knows she will serve prison time, one way or the other. But it isn't the same. In this way, Jodi has won...before its even over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966