Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi addressing JSS about Abe media appearances and blogs and social media presence. Wants to preclude testimony under character assassination, based on what he has opined about her dabbling in religion and why JA never sent email, and him describing the kissing, thong incident and her magic thong comment.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Nurmi is concerned with the character assassination of #JodiArias by Abe - I can't freaking even...
Super man would be jealous- he has some nerve... I mean nerves of steel.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 22 seconds ago
Nurmi says Abe wasn't TA's friend #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi says Abe wasn't TA's friend #jodiarias #3tvarias

So why are you trying to exclude him? Sounds like great cross examination fodder!

They jury has to be wondering why none of her family has taken the stand to corroborate her stories and/or beg for mercy.

Well....I have been wondering that myself for two trials now. NOT ONE of them??? Really? Jodi must be very afraid of what could come out of their mouth. I am remembering how much Jodi likes her "privacy".....:D:D;);)

JSS already ruled on the motion to preclude, he's just trying to waste the rest of the day. Sit him down, JSS and let JM get on with it. Geeze.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s 24 seconds ago
Nurmi said Abe said he put his hands down Jodi's pants and grabbed her thong. Jodi said to him there was magic in her underpants #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 50s50 seconds ago
Jury not present. Nurmi telling judge about his concerns regarding Abe Abdelhadi. He is set to testify for the state. #JodiArias

Not every judge allows such latitude in smearing a victim or introducing an illusion of evidence they can't substantiate (like George killing Caylee). There have been other trials in which the judge involved has kept a much tighter leash on the defense teams involved. Now where their appeals landed, I couldn't say, just that no two judges are necessarily equal.

All JMO
I just wish the rules were similar for the victim, IOW, Travis in this case. I don't think they should be allowed to present what a meanie he was without solid proof, not just JA's word. It does nothing but put a bad taste in my mouth for the defense right off the bat. The only time I can see any type of allowance (in my world rules) would be if it were TRULY a self defense case or stalker or something like that. Given that the WHOLE totalily of this relationship is only months not years, it seems to me to be so unfair the way Travis has been allowed to be bashed like this with no proof.

I need to come back after Sherry throws out any testimony from Abe....

Lets get this execution... I mean... testimony started!

@TrialDiariesJ: This incident happened after #jodiarias was baptized and Nurmi wants this precluded #3tvarias

Is he serious right now? This will taint the image of her as a Mormon so it shouldn't be let in? Really???

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Nurmi is concerned with the character assassination of #JodiArias by Abe - I can't freaking even...

She got nuthin' ta worry 'bout.

Ain't nobody gonna 'out-*advertiser censored*' JA.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 46s 47 seconds ago
This incident happened after #jodiarias was baptized and Nurmi wants this precluded #3tvarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 9h9 hours ago

HE HAS GOT to be kidding me with that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95