Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Well I'm darned - I called two right:

1) Arias was the secret witness who closed the courtroom.
2) She would not continue with her testimony.

Now pondering if JSS will at some point be convinced to call it allocution and thus prevent Juan from crossing.

That's likely exactly what will happen. It will be considered allocution. AZLawyer has already explained this. And she will be able to continue with her "allocution" uncrossed by the prosecution.

MOO

Can anyone tell me what the other room is like. The one where they always go discuss things.
If I were the Alexanders or a witness, I would not want to be too close to JA.
Is it a little room, a little court room or what?

If JA thinks she can intimidate Abe by being there, or vamp him by flashing pink undies, she is sooooooo mistaken.

Am loving the scent of fear in the air.

LOL. Just think how many years it has been since she has been that close to a man (other than Nurmi). LOL. She will be working it as best she can.

Did they bring in ANY truly mitigating evidence? Anything at all to show remorse, regret, and a change of heart? Anything to show the world would be a better place if she was in it?

Nope, none. She will get up there and try to look remorseful, but will probably continue to trash Travis instead of beg for her life. IMO-she doesn't have it in her to show remorse because she can't actually feel it. The lack of emotion, remorse, regret will clearly stand out to the jury. She won't even be able to fake it, should have been practicing all along.

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 25s26 seconds ago

Because of lack of time to intv witness, JA is asking to be present while defense interviews witness. #jodiarias

RBBM:

:hilarious: JA playing "attorney" again ... no doubt she is running the show !

:waitasec: And causing her very own :trainwreck:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I think JSS offered to move the media to another room during JA's testimony. But even that wasn't acceptable to her.

Of course not. Not even sure if its about appeals in that twisted brain of hers. Maybe its just a refusal to accept that she didn't get her way.

I wonder if JA will be allowed to ask Abe any questions. I think it will be difficult for her to sit there and not say a word.

My guess is they will also have lunch before, we get back to it.
My money is on 1:00 PM start time.

Nope, none. She will get up there and try to look remorseful, but will probably continue to trash Travis instead of beg for her life. IMO-she doesn't have it in her to show remorse because she can't actually feel it. The lack of emotion, remorse, regret will clearly stand out to the jury. She won't even be able to fake it, should have been practicing all along.

Exactly. She can claim she loved him all she wants, but her true feelings will show when she won't be able to even shed on tear for him and how she murdered him.

Why would nurmi not want any mention to the Jury that the murderer will not finish her testimony.

If JA thinks she can intimidate Abe by being there, or vamp him by flashing pink undies, she is sooooooo mistaken.

PRBM:

:hilarious: "pink undies" ... maybe Cougarlicious loaned her a pink "thong" !

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

:seeya:

that violates the AZ Constitution. I would not agree to that. I guess he has his reasons but this ticks me off. They appear to have a constitutional right to be IN the room:

To be present at, and, upon request, to be informed of all criminal proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present.

I would have argued JA had no right to be there either then. It's a witness interview right? Either they ALL should be there in the room or neither JA nor family should be there. But there should NOT be two sets of rules.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 52s 52 seconds ago

Judge says victims family can listen from jury room.

Juan is cool with that.

Courtroom will be closed until 11:30. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 20s 20 seconds ago

Nurmi still objected to having the victims family being able to listen to the interview but judge is all "meh".

Recess time now. #JodiArias

:seeya: I agree -- but it looks like Juan took care of it and Travis' Family will be there -- as they should !

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

I bet they are grateful not to be nearly alone in the same room with her for an hour. Can you imagine how they must feel in chambers?

She is going to try to find one little thing to hone in on and use it in cross. Since she hasn't seen any of his media interviews, she probably still views him as a guy she can manipulate, a guy who is still into her. She has never matured. jmo

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 37s37 seconds ago
Nurmi says they were notified last week that Deanna Reid and the BIshop would testify. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 26s26 seconds ago
Nurmi adds they were only notified yesterday that Abe A would also be taking the stand. Nurmi wants Abe A. precluded. #jodiarias

Really? Didn't the convicted murderer (or whoever is tweeting odd her) tweet about Abe over the weekend?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 19s20 seconds ago
Nurmi objecting that he was only made aware last night of one of today's witnesses and has not had a chance to interview him. #jodiarias

Wait. We've known longer than that.:) We who rely on the twitterverse.

Erm........didn't they use some cheesy looking printout of a French maid outfit? I don't remeber ever actually seeing a picture of HER in one.......I remember talking about it just being one of her early lies in the original trial.....

It was sent in an email as a JOKE. Jodi is manipulating this pic to look like it was a requirement. I despise her.
I could not possibly despise her not ~ though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source. Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network of wires that do and mean nothing. :giggle:

Exactly. She can claim she loved him all she wants, but her true feelings will show when she won't be able to even shed on tear for him and how she murdered him.

Cha Cha will probably slip JA a sliced onion wrapped in a hankie just before she takes the stand.

that violates the AZ Constitution. I would not agree to that. I guess he has his reasons but this ticks me off. They appear to have a constitutional right to be IN the room:

I would have argued JA had no right to be there either then. It's a witness interview right? Either they ALL should be there in the room or neither JA nor family should be there. But there should NOT be two sets of rules.

I think boytwnmom, that at this point JM is conceding these things just to get the trial over with. He said before the COA that the family opposed the stay because they too want this over with already. This trial has been draining for me and I'm at home in my PJ's chilling most of the time. I assume he rather accepted that silly request than spend his time arguing with the DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalbohnet