Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness...who does she report to? Has NO ONE in her chain of command or department had a "talking to" to her, that even if it's not ILlegal, what she is doing is seriously questionable, and unprofessional? We know she's aware of much of the criticisms of her (and gloats)...but how is this being allowed? Anyone? Or does she only report to Nurmi, and well...yeah, he'd be liking this.

?

She knows that if she is fired while still on this trial, that could be grounds for a mistrial or a factor on appeal. If they fired or disciplined her right after the trial because of her behavior during the trial, that would might also affect the case. I'm sure she's feeling quite smug about it. Maybe they could just give her boring and odious jobs after this one. Or maybe a really conservative one where she would have to wear modest clothes and flat shoes every day.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 29s 30 seconds ago

Nurmi asking Bishop about penetration.

OMG. Get me out of here. #jodiarias

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm sure the Bishop has heard some hair-raising (unless Brazillian waxes were involved) stories over the years. People CONFESSED things to him. Of course, the average person probably isn't going to go into extreme detail about it the way Nurmi seems to so relish doing, but I doubt the Bishop gets shocked about various sins, sexual or otherwise, that people commit. An exception to that might be that he had been shocked to find out that a member of the church stabbed someone 29 times, slit the victim's throat, and then shot the victim in the head.

I haven't seen this before, sharing
https://www.youtube.com/embed/2oNV4WP3YUw

48 hrs after the verdict

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, that broken finger, can anyone tell me which of these ring fingers it was, or does it depend on which story she's telling at the time? Oh and her story about that little boy in the pic... start at 23:50 on the video for a quick refresher on how she described it.

JAtwofingers.jpg

Yea, that broken finger, can anyone tell me which of these ring fingers it was, or does it depend on which story she's telling at the time? Oh and her story about that little boy in the pic... start at 23:50 on the video for a quick refresher on how she described it.

View attachment 68656

Ring finger left hand

Could you tell that just by looking at the pics?

No since we know it happened during slaughter of TA, I wish it had gotten cut off. It's nothing like she tries to make it out to be...

After today I really hate her...

She's making sure to do everything she can to hurt and disrespect everyone and everything Travis loved and cherished. His siblings, his grandmother, the Hughes, Deanna, his Church, the Bishop. People Travis loved and respected, dragged into this creature's ugly empty world.
I don't think she cares if she gets the DP. It'll just make her more famous. She's enjoying every minute of this

Truer words were never written in my opinion.

Jen/Trial Diaries just said that word around the courthouse is that Nurmi is planning several witnesses for rebuttal and it may take awhile.

He's planning on dragging out so a verdict can't be rendered before the April deadline, IMO.

I Am not really looking forward to the computer expert tomorrow. I am just so sick of that whole ridiculous accusation. I don't even understand what Juan needs to prove anymore with he computer. I hope it doesn't drag us all down a rabbit hole.

I Am not really looking forward to the computer expert tomorrow. I am just so sick of that whole ridiculous accusation. I don't even understand what Juan needs to prove anymore with he computer. I hope it doesn't drag us all down a rabbit hole.

Any computer "expert" from the DT will be ridiculous. I just hope it isn't MM -- an expert only by defense standards. (tongue in cheek)

One of the saddest things I've read. Friends leaving messages for Travis while his body was decomposing in the shower.

If this jury does not vote for death then I'm going lose my faith in humanity. Strong words, I know, but it's how I feel.

One of the messages that was left was from a female friend who was reaching out to him because she needed a friend to talk to. She says in her message to him that she's calling him because she knows he's in a "good place in life and she could really use that." She also says he's "going somewhere in life". Meanwhile, he was dead in his shower :( Awful.

Thanks to everyone for their participation and we understand if some of us just cant take it any longer.

The DT team has been allowed to drag this nonsense on and on and on with no sign of it stopping.

It would be one thing if the DT team was bringing up valid mitigation items for JA but they have not done this. It is beyond comprehension how this has been allowed to go on like it has been. So much of it is just redundant trashing of Travis and his reputation.

Its a wonder the jury has even lasted as long as they have. And just like today, the jury is now showing signs of not being able to take it much longer.

Ive seen other cases where the judge would call the attorney's aside and ask where they are heading to ensure they are heading to some valid point. Why isnt that happening here? Why isnt our judge stopping the nonsense? Why haven't they been limited to valid mitigation points?

The only point the DT has been trying to make is what a terrible person Travis is supposed to have been. In my book, that is not the purpose of this phase of the trial and it should not be allowed and it especially should not be allowed to drag on for weeks and weeks.
I am convinced one of the tactics is the DT is using fillibuster of BS so the jury pool gets too low by attrition. Why doesn't our judge see this? Why doesnt she stop the purposeful delay tactics with redundant and nonsense information?

Yeah, we understand if people cannot take it any longer. I hope the jury can make it to the end, but I am beginning to have my doubts at this point.

I can't help but think about the poor jurors who have given over MONTHS AND MONTHS of their lives for this trial. They are missing things in their lives that MATTER, all at the whim of this disgusting defendant and her DT's despicable practices.

What about their jobs? They may be compensated, at least to a point, but since they are no longer actually THERE at their jobs, are they missing out on important events? Are they missing out on information and experiences that are valuable to their careers? Are they missing out on classes that they need to take in order to upgrade their skills? Are others being promoted over them because they aren't there to vie for an open position?

Are there stay-at-home parents that are missing out on milestones of their children? Do they have to pay for babysitters out of their own pocket in order to be held slavishly to the jury box month after month, when they would normally not need a babysitter because they are usually at home? Do they have to commute to the courthouse, putting up with the stress of rush hour traffic when they normally might have had a more flexible schedule specifically to AVOID rush hour traffic (I used to do that).

And then there is the sheer misery (not to mention boredom) of having to see and listen to all the gruesome details, hear all the hate and lies, and about incredibly detailed recountings of sexual acts, and have to try to make heads or tails of it all and decide whom or what to believe.

The jury KNOWS that the DT/defendant is the one responsible for most of the delays. They see it with their own eyes as Nurmi drags everything out, seeming to relish forcing people to climb down into the gutter with the DT and their despicable client again and again and again, while JM cuts to the chase, being brief and succinct as he gets to the crux of the matter and then steps back.

If I were on the jury, I would be VERY tempted to vote for the DP, not only because she absolutely deserves it, but because of how she has willfully impacted THEIR lives for the worse. I know it's not supposed to be that way, and after letting off steam, most (if not all) of the jurors will try to set that aside, but the resentment HAS to be brewing, and it will still be there in the back of some of their minds, even if they don't realize it. The fact that not one single, solitary mitigating factor has been shown by the DT should make their jobs a little bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela