Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 8m 8 minutes ago

Nurmi shows photo of Alexander sitting, points finger like gun and says bullet trajectory is consistent with the angle of where Arias was.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 9m 9 minutes ago

During first trial, Arias claimed she shot Alexander as he charged her. Now Nurmi suggests she shot him while he was sitting in shower.
----

So she's going to change her story...again???

Rut-roh so Nurmi is changing his argument right in the middle of the stream.

So where did all the running around everywhere go when she leaped up like a ballerina to get the imaginary gun? What about the linebacker stance? It isn't good for Nurmi to lie to this jury. He can lose all credibility if he has any.

Juan is going to love the hell out of this change in strategy.

imo

@ericksonvision: A Walmart employee now in the stand. Martinez questioning her. #JodiArias

What?!?! No redirect????

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 31s 31 seconds ago
We have the next State witness Amanda Web who works for Walmart and she checked for that returned gas can from #jodiarias #3TVArias

I think in this particular case it makes more sense she used the knife first. I can see her doing the slaughter with the knife and as she is getting ready to put him in the shower she shoots him in the head to make sure he is dead.

IMO

Agreed ... and that large blob of blood on the wall under TA's green robe seems to confirm knife attack first. JMO

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 8m 8 minutes ago

Nurmi shows photo of Alexander sitting, points finger like gun and says bullet trajectory is consistent with the angle of where Arias was.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 9m 9 minutes ago

During first trial, Arias claimed she shot Alexander as he charged her. Now Nurmi suggests she shot him while he was sitting in shower.
----

So she's going to change her story...again???

JA claimed at trial she dropped the camera, it bounced on the mat, and TA angrily "stepped out" of the shower and body-slammed her. She hadn't even run to the closet for TA's nonexistent gun when she claimed she took the shower pic.

@ericksonvision: She's testifying about the Walmart receipt for the purchase of the two gas cans. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

State calls Amanda Web, she works for @Walmart. Juan brings up a receipt from Salinas Walmart. #JodiArias

@monicalindstrom: I am one of those taxpayers and its not only her fault, the State has obligations to its citizens

@TrialDiariesJ: Amanda checked to see if #jodiarias ever returned the gas can she said she did during the first trial #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 12 seconds ago
Amanda checked to see if #jodiarias ever returned the gas can she said she did during the first trial #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 18 seconds ago

Juan points out a gas can for $12.96. She took the UPC and found that it was returned that week in June 2008. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 10 seconds ago

Sorry, Amanda found out that it was NOT returned. My bad my bad. Kinda important I know. #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Amanda didn't find any return of a gas can from #jodiarias #3TVArias

Maybe it's just me but isn't this out of order testimony going to confuse the jury?

I read the book. The character in 'Gone Girl' was much, much smarter AND she didn't do what JA did (slaughter someone after going on a roadtrip).
I find both to be extremely calculating and devious. I will agree "Amy" was smarter.lol

JA claimed at trial she dropped the camera, it bounced on the mat, and TA angrily "stepped out" of the shower and body-slammed her. She hadn't even run to the closet for TA's nonexistent gun when she claimed she took the shower pic.

Right and remember she said he had only one leg and foot out of the shower yet he was able to body slamming her onto the floor that it knocked the breath out of her but she was still able to get up and get the imaginary gun.

What a load of crock. Her lies don't even make sense.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 28s 28 seconds ago

Juan has no other questions. Nurmi gracefully slides over to center stage and begins his questions. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 28s 28 seconds ago
Amanda didn't find any return of a gas can from #jodiarias #3TVArias

That is why they are going through all this again - to show he DID indeed suffer, extremely!! I understand your frustration! I do. But they need to be up to speed on what she did before, during and after the murder to show calculation and premeditation, which in turn would help them decide death or life.

It also helps to hammer home the extreme cruelty by showing the photos over and over again. It wasn't until this trial that the detailed descriptions of what happened to Travis along with photos brought home the horror to me- it really sank in. That's how the jury should feel, IMO.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is up. He claims no address on the Walmart receipt from #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jodi said she returned it to the same walmart. Stop it now.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 25s 25 seconds ago
Nurmi is up. He claims no address on the Walmart receipt from #jodiarias #3TVArias

@ericksonvision: #JodiArias attorney Kirk Nurmi cross examine the Walmart employee. She just finished testifying that the gas cans weren't returned.

I think in this particular case it makes more sense she used the knife first. I can see her doing the slaughter with the knife and as she is getting ready to put him in the shower she shoots him in the head to make sure he is dead.

IMO

And the shiny bullet casing was found on top of the blood pool from the stabbings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay