Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: Amanda doesn't know which building this receipt came from because Walmart moved down the street #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 18s 18 seconds ago
Amanda doesn't know which building this receipt came from because Walmart moved down the street #jodiarias #3TVArias

Beth FB Post
Next witness is Amanda Webb, Wal Mart employee. She researched a gas can purchased by Arias. It was never returned and refunded, per her investigation. End of Direct.

I think in this particular case it makes more sense she used the knife first. I can see her doing the slaughter with the knife and as she is getting ready to put him in the shower she shoots him in the head to make sure he is dead.

IMO

There are things that can occur as a person is dying or has just died, that can make one think they are not yet dead. I do not want to get graphic but I think there was a sound of sorts that made Jodi think he could still be alive, in spite of the heart and neck wounds, so she shot him. Then into the shower he went, she did some cleanup and left. IMO.

@ericksonvision: Woman in the seat next to me just squeezed out a fanny noise. Like I wouldn't notice?

Lmao!!!!

HP
Nurmi pointed out there is no store address on the Walmart receipt.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 27 seconds ago

Wow. Nurmi slams down the file after his questioning was over. Very dramatic. Juan pokes fun at that now. #JodiArias

From DGC: Nurmi, good try, but you will never ever match up to Juan !

:juanettes:

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi asks again 4 Amanda to confirm which Walmart the new or old building this receipt came from...she can't be sure. #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 8s 8 seconds ago
Nurmi asks again 4 Amanda to confirm which Walmart the new or old building this receipt came from...she can't be sure. #jodiarias #3TVArias

There are things that can occur as a person is dying or has just died, that can make one think they are not yet dead. I do not want to get graphic but I think there was a sound of sorts that made Jodi think he could still be alive, in spite of the heart and neck wounds, so she shot him. Then into the shower he went, she did some cleanup and left. IMO.

I'm still stunned no one in the neighborhood heard the gun shot ... or at least no one reported it / told LE. JMO

I will always believe when the first photos in the shower were taken Travis didn't even know she was there.

Only at the very end of them did he realize she had been stalking him and taking photos of him in the shower. Even Arias said Travis was a very private person when he was in his bathroom taking a shower.

I think she took those photos knowing how much he liked his privacy in his bathroom.:( Once again she was invading his privacy.

Yes, she wanted to violate and degrade him in every way possible.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi throws paperwork down on podium with a big thud that woke everyone up. It was like a mic drop and he walked off #jodiarias #3TVArias

But does she plagerize? Like in the music world when one artist takes a significant portion of notes from a song by someone and then changes it up a bit to use in a new song, that is not legally considered plagiarism. If I, using a photo of the Mona Lisa, then did a drawing of the Mona Lisa based on the picture I saw, I'm not plagiarizing the Mona Lisa. No one would ever be fooled into thinking my drawing is the Mona Lisa and by not signing it with the original artist's signature (Da Vinci), nor am I attempting to pass it off as anything but my own drawing. I see the same here.

IMO her drawings are not creepy at all. What would be creepy is if she decided to draw graphically violent and disturbing pictures, like of a death scene, as one example. THAT would be creepy. Her drawings are benign. Some are quite good. I think she is talented and it's a shame that instead of pursuing art she decided to murder.

Andrew Lloyd Weber changed up an aria by Puccini, was sued by the Puccini Estate for plagiarism, and settled the suit out of court.
Marvin Gaye's family has sued Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams over plagiarizing Gaye's "Got To Give It Up."
The plagiarism suit of George Harrison by The Chiffons over "My Sweet Lord" went on for years.
Johnny Cash had to pay Gordon Jenkins for plagiarizing the lyrics and melody of "Crescent City Blues" in his "Folsom Prison Blues".
Rod Stewart admitted to unknowingly plagiarizing "Taj Mahal" by Jorge Ben in "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" and made reparations after being sued by Ben.
etc. etc. etc.

JMO, but JA's tracings don't hold a candle to the creations of truly talented children let alone those teens and young people who have the desire and the discipline to pursue creating visual art.

As well, I think her attorneys may want to brush up on the legalize pertaining to copyright law if she is selling those tracings.

Beth FB
Nurmi is challenging Webb about her knowledge of data in the computer system. She concedes she's not a computer expert but is now explaining on redirect how she did her investigation.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is up and he asks Amanda if she went through all register and she states yes #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 8s 8 seconds ago
Nurmi asks again 4 Amanda to confirm which Walmart the new or old building this receipt came from...she can't be sure. #jodiarias #3TVArias
maybe they should just put Arias on the stand and ask her! ahhhh nevermind that! :escape:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 33 seconds ago
Nurmi throws paperwork down on podium with a big thud that woke everyone up. It was like a mic drop and he walked off #jodiarias #3TVArias

I believe the witnesses are out of order due to their individual schedules. What worries me more is that this jury has not heard Arias' wild story of the bathroom, hallway, closet, and back to the bathroom, all the while being chased by a (dying) madman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734