Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they will before the case is over with. Juan will bring in the best evidence last probably sometime in December.

He is just getting warmed up now.

He will play parts of her testimony that directly conflicts with what Nurmi is saying NOW. IMO

Exactly. This is where playing video of previous testimony is going to come in handy. She said it was the same Walmart herself.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is going through each register with Amanda #jodiarias #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 9 seconds ago

I see a paper in the jury question bin. Juan continues to go through registers. #JodiArias

...Why use a knife? It's silent, it's a readily available tool that can be used, a person of lesser strength can use one to kill a larger person, it's effective, it doesn't require ammunition, and it's deadly. Kind of obvious why a knife gets used in murders.

A knife is a weapon that can be used with 2 hands. Given the savagery of the attack, I would guess JA was using 2 hands at least some of the time.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 36s 36 seconds ago
Come to http://TrialTalkLive.com at 3:30pm ET for a LIVE update #jodiarias
0 replies 0 retweets 3 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite3

Beth FB
Martinez is taking Webb through each register at the store where Arias bought the gas can. There were some returned items on June 3, 2008 but none for a gas can. (This contradicts Arias's testimony from last year's trial.)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Juan is going through each register with Amanda #jodiarias #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 24 seconds ago

Nurmi is back up now for more return gas can questioning. #JodiArias

Keep in mind that Nurmi & Arias have emerged with a new "understanding". In other words, in fact her favorite word, he is now "complying". She relinquished her in pro per status but she is now informing his defense to a degree not seen before. We see it is as holey as a sieve and that is exactly what one would expect. How to tame a "mentally ill young girl"?

Anyone remember from the first trial is there was a defense witness who claimed TA's defensive wounds, standing at sink, and crawling down the hall were possible after being shot in his head?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 53s 53 seconds ago

I am expecting Nurmi to slam something down each time he is done with the examination now. I will be dissapointed I think :/ #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 58s 58 seconds ago

No slamming this time. Nurmi is done, Juan back. We keep talking about registers and the info associated with them. #JodiArias

@ericksonvision: Fanny noise gal has left the courtroom. Now Nurmi is cross-examining the Walmart employee. #JodiArias

As we see how this sentencing phase is progressing, a few thoughts come to mind:

Why oh why are we hearing testimony all over again of everything related to whether she is guilty or not?
I was sure hoping there would be some attempt to minimize the testimony to what her punishment should be. There seems to be no attempts to stop the defense from arguining things that point to whether she is guilty or not.

Also, the defense whole approach seems so ridiculous. Nobody is buying anything coming from the defense.
If they really want to save her from the DP, it seems a much simpler approach should have been used.

If she would have just come out and apologized that she lost her temper in a fit of rage, is deeply sorry, do some fake crying, and throw herself at the mercy of the court, then she had a good chance at just Life in prison.
If she would have even done that during the 1st trial, she may have even gotten a sentence less than life.
What they are trying to do is not working for her and they dont seem to realize it.

I suppose JA is not capable of remorse and is not capable to admit she was wrong in what she did. So lets go ahead and give her the punishment she deserves since she is making a mockery of the court and trying to lie about Travis.

JA is pure evil in its worst form. She is proven that she is not able to change her ways, and that is why lots of people think she would kill again if given the chance.

But Jodi stole and brought a gun. She may of planned on intimidating Travis with the gun, thinking that would make him change her mind or she was flat out intending to kill him no matter what. I lean toward a building rage that boiled over when he wouldn't change his mind.

On the going back to Yreka , maybe it was to get the money from that guy that said Jodi asked him because she was desperate to get to Travis.

@monicalindstrom: Part of a defense attorney's job when you have bad facts is to muddy the waters, put any kind of doubt in there #jodiArias

I drew like that when I was 12. She copies stuff that on the surface looks accomplished. It is flat and soulless, just like her. Basically she churns out photocopies.

I wouldn't pay money for it. But I suppose the crazies who support her need to keep boosting the Arias family's bank account.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi asks witness if a new computer system was put in at some point & Amanda couldn't recall where the old system went #jodiarias #3TVArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie