Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: A 25 caliber handgun was missing from the grandparents house #jodiarias #3TVArias

Why can't the jury be told about the gun and knives stashed in her getaway car??

I have tried to picture how JA managed to inflict all those wounds without him grabbing at her. I suspect she would lunge in and stab him and then jump back out of the way like a wild animal. And when he was crawling down the hall, she was most likely jumping towards him to stab him and then would jump back to stay away from his reach.

The very 1st wound was most like a horrible wound which shocked and hurt Travis so bad that he could not fight back much. It most likely was either the slice of the throat or a stab right to his chest area.
He had no idea he was going to be attacked, so she sneakily got to within striking range and then plunged the knife deep into his chest. Or she came up behind him and was pretending to rub his back while she reached around and slit his throat.

However she did it, that very 1st wound was really bad and he then could not fight her off because he was wounded so bad.

Travis was twelve feet down the hall where the carpet starts for his bedroom. That was where she slit his throat. That is where she said the male ninja was standing that she rushed by to flee to safety.

HP
Friedman said he investigated the reported theft of a .25 caliber gun by Jodi Arias' grandparents on May 28, 2008, just days before Travis Alexander's murder.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3s 3 seconds ago
A 25 caliber handgun was missing from the grandparents house #jodiarias #3TVArias

@monicalindstrom: #JuanMartinez wants jury to see the #jodiArias he sees, the brutal, cold killer as they r more likely 2 give death

@TrialDiariesJ: Money on top of the dresser (quarters) wasn't taken in the burglary #jodiarias #3TVArias

Bless her little heart! My darling Nan had a shell cardigan just like that. :giggle:

Beth FB
Friedman spoke to Arias's grandparents. Grandfather Carlton reported a handgun missing from a dresser. Nothing else was found missing in that room.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Money on top of the dresser (quarters) wasn't taken in the burglary #jodiarias #3TVArias

@monicalindstrom: Part of a defense attorney's job when you have bad facts is to muddy the waters, put any kind of doubt in there #jodiArias

Ridiculous comment. Muddy what waters? There is no doubt she premeditated a murder, and the jury has been instructed they MUST accept that verdict.

@TrialDiariesJ: Other guns such as rifles weren't taken from the grandparents home #jodiarias #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 44s 45 seconds ago

Nurmi from the courtroom today. #JodiArias

B0pu9AtCYAEnMzu.jpg:large

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 38s 38 seconds ago
Other guns such as rifles weren't taken from the grandparents home #jodiarias #3TVArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 26s 27 seconds ago

Juan and Friedman go over photos and discuss the missing 25 caliber gun and ammo. #JodiArias

I don't know if it will. But AZLawyer has said a few times that video of the original trial can and probably will be played to help this jury get up to speed. What I'm saying is this is one place where something like they will come in handy.

I doubt that's going to happen. At judge's discretion, and she seems to have opted for this redo.

@TrialDiariesJ: Point of entry had damage but that was about it. Drawers and closets were open. #jodiarias #3TVArias

Ridiculous comment. Muddy what waters? There is no doubt she premeditated a murder, and the jury has been instructed they MUST accept that verdict.

This is my concern. What happens if these jurors, after hearing from these witnesses, decide that they do not believe that Arias had the third gas can or that the murder was especially cruel? :thinking:

I doubt that's going to happen. At judge's discretion, and she seems to have opted for this redo.

Again, AZLawyer said it could happen. That's in conjunction with the redo of testimony. I don't think she meant the whole thing would be played, but bits and pieces. I don't see why AZLawyer would say that if it wasn't true.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 25 seconds ago

#JodiArias and Willmott chat it up as Juan and Friedman continue. Jury is taking notes.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Point of entry had damage but that was about it. Drawers and closets were open. #jodiarias #3TVArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss