Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is precisely why we know JA stole the gun and used it to kill Travis. Any other "normal burglar" would have taken much more valuables.

Also we mentioned before that a .25 is not a very common type of gun to shoot someone with in a murder. Most gun murders would be a larger caliber like a 9 mm, .38 special, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, or a .380

A .25 is a pocket pistol which has a shell not much larger than a .22. IMO, it is very uncommon to be used in a murder. So a .25 is stolen from her relative and it just so happens a .25 is used to kill Travis. Duhhhhh.....I think she stole that gun and used it on Travis. Duhhhhh.

She claims Travis owned the weapon and it happened to be at the very top of the closet and she happened to be able to reach up there while being chased by him. Uh.....ok Jodie....we believe you. Yea right. Sheeesh.

And burglars know the value of the guns they take even before they steal them.

Why leave behind the most valuable guns and take the least valuable of them all? And what burglar leaves any weapons behind that were found in the same place? Nope, doesn't make a lick of sense.

She didn't take the others because a long gun cant fit in the pocket of someone who is planning to murder someone.:)

IMO

Yeah bc everyone puts their laptop in a hamper of dirty clothes and covers it with some of them. /snark

It makes me wonder whether JA was going to do some more laundry and wash the laptop too. LOL

She seemed to not be in a big hurry after she killed Travis. I have always wondered if she had planned on doing more things before she left and either someone came home early or something else startled her like the phone ringing or something. I think she left a little sooner than she wanted to.

Its really too bad that someone didnt come home to catch her going either in or out of that doggy door.

Proof of all "dirty little secrets" go in the laundry . . . dontcha know?

I have tried to picture how JA managed to inflict all those wounds without him grabbing at her. I suspect she would lunge in and stab him and then jump back out of the way like a wild animal. And when he was crawling down the hall, she was most likely jumping towards him to stab him and then would jump back to stay away from his reach.

The very 1st wound was most like a horrible wound which shocked and hurt Travis so bad that he could not fight back much. It most likely was either the slice of the throat or a stab right to his chest area.
He had no idea he was going to be attacked, so she sneakily got to within striking range and then plunged the knife deep into his chest. Or she came up behind him and was pretending to rub his back while she reached around and slit his throat.

However she did it, that very 1st wound was really bad and he then could not fight her off because he was wounded so bad.

I think the first stab was most likely to his chest that went in 5.5 inches. It came swift and without warning. Travis would have been stunned and in terrible pain immediately losing blood. As I watched how startled Dr. Horn looked yesterday when Juan pretended to stab him two times I immediately thought of how surprised Travis would have been. And if Juan had had a real knife Horn would have been stabbed twice without having anytime to react. And we know Travis had many many more stabs wounds.

He had no time to try and overtake her. Travis only had time to try and fend off 4-5 stabs by grabbing the knife leaving defensive wounds on his hands.

Poor Travis couldn't even defend himself from the horrific attacks..... much less overtake the monster who was stabbing him.

No one is a match for a knife which is being slammed over and over again into their body 5 inches or more deep. Travis was at her mercy and she had none.

Many small females have easily been able to murder larger males.

Yes, they are "plagiarized". They are copied without attribution to the original artist. Copies or rehashes or recombinations of original artwork that don't have attribution are forgeries. JA is an atrocious forger.

Forgery is the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects, statistics, or documents with the intent to deceive or make usually large amounts of money by selling the forged item. Copies, studio replicas, and reproductions are not considered forgeries, though they may later become forgeries through knowing and willful misrepresentations. (wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgery)

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means

• to steal and pass off (the ideas and words of another) as one's own
  • to use (another's production) without crediting the source
  • to commit literary theft
  • to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

May or may not be considered plagiarism, unclear and depends:

- Re-creating a visual work in a different medium (for example: making a painting that closely resembles another person’s photograph). (plagiarism.org)

First, they would be going against their oaths if they tried to redo or undo what another jury of 12 unanimously decided.

They aren't going to do that Rosie.

No one but a monster would think this wasn't a depraved cruel crime. Anyone with even half a brain can see by the autopsy and crime scene photos how heinous and cruel Travis' murder truly was. It was beyond overkill and into the realms of being macabre.

The fact remains she left a paper trail in every state except Arizona. That will not be lost on this jury.

They will know she stealthily entered the state of Arizona because she had premeditated murdering Travis since March 26th and didn't want anyone able to connect her to that state.

If she had returned the gas can that too would have been on the ticket. I am sure every juror there has had some type of dealings with Walmart and know there is always a receipt showing when something is returned.

The jury will get it.

Hi Rose :wave:
I think JM will cover that. Remember when she stopped to get gas in Utah on the way home. She refilled them (gas was cheaper there than Cali.)
She bought a lot of gas, too much to fit in her tank...plus, besides using different CC's or cash? can't remember, but she did save those "receipts ~ She tried to say all the receipts weren't for gas, but she was at the gas station so late that they ONLY SOLD GAS at that time of morning... Hope this makes sense, I am typing fast and not rereading

Hi Dmacky and oceanblueeyes :seeya:

I agree with you guys. There is overwhelming evidence of both premeditation and an especially cruel murder. I hope the jury remembers that those two points are not up for debate.

I do think that this phase of the trial might be even harder on Travis' family than the last one. It must be exhausting to sit through this all over again. And the end of this trial is the beginning (not the end) of the mourning process for Travis' family.

I think the first stab was most likely to his chest that went in 5.5 inches. It came swift and without warning. Travis would have been stunned and in terrible pain immediately losing blood.

He had no time to try and overtake her. Travis only had time to try and fend off 4-5 stabs by grabbing the knife leaving defensive wounds on his hands.

Poor Travis couldn't even defend himself from the horrific attacks..... much less overtake the monster who was stabbing him.

No one is a match for a knife being slammed over and over again into their body 5 inches or more deep. Travis was at her mercy and she had none.

Many small females have easily been able to murder larger males.

I absolutely do agree the chest wound was the first stab due to the amount of blood loss right outside the shower.

Despite what her defense experts tried to suggest in the first trial, while we do have a "flight or fight" response we also have a response to say "WTF JUST HAPPENED" as evidenced by him gaining composure to stand at the sink and spit out blood while he is watching her stab him in the back in the mirror. I imagine he got to his feet with the chest stab, got to the sink and hold himself up there to try to mentally process what is happening while she stabs him in those clusters. He then attempts to crawl away, while she is slicing away at his legs. She turns him over right outside in the hallway slits his throat out there, drags body back to the shower. I still do not know where she shot him but I do believe it is the very last thing she did since she saw either a twitch or what she thought was gasps but was air escaping from the massive wound in his neck. He never had a chance.

Thanks, did they say what the timestamp is?

I don't recall the exact time—check BK's site if you're a member—but the Yreka Shell receipt was about 90 minutes after JA picked up the rental in Redding. The drive from Redding to Yreka, if I recollect from having driven it myself, is 1+ hours.

It is frustrating, but we knew it would happen. Given her claims of abuse can be mitigating factors there will be a lot allowed in from the guilt phase because it was such a big part of her defense.

Wide latitude, yes.....related to mitigation. But the first jury already convicted her of premeditation. What frigging difference if she used a stolen gun( which I believe) or borrowed/bought one on the way? No difference.

Last year, Nurmi tried to convince jurors Arias could have killed Travis while he slept if she was bent on taking him out. They were obviously unconvinced so that proposition was dropped in favor of all the closed eye opportunities. Probably more So Important input from the defendant.

Hi Dmacky and oceanblueeyes :seeya:

I agree with you guys. There is overwhelming evidence of both premeditation and an especially cruel murder. I hope the jury remembers that those two points are not up for debate.

I do think that this phase of the trial might be even harder on Travis' family than the last one. It must be exhausting to sit through this all over again. And the end of this trial is the beginning (not the end) of the mourning process for Travis' family.

Rose....I love that you are always care so much about the families left behind. Bless you.

How did Travis know JA the photographer would morph into Norman Bates before she ordered him, weapon in hand, to sit on the shower floor?

You're right. For all we know, she was holding a gun on him.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't bear going back over all the minutia that was covered and discussed and cross examined to the last atom and microsecond the first time around.

The jury should have just been given a summary of whatever kind, and have been allowed to ask questions.

Thank goodness CMJA isn't representing herself, tho. This could be worse.

I absolutely do agree the chest wound was the first stab due to the amount of blood loss right outside the shower.

Despite what her defense experts tried to suggest in the first trial, while we do have a "flight or fight" response we also have a response to say "WTF JUST HAPPENED" as evidenced by him gaining composure to stand at the sink and spit out blood while he is watching her stab him in the back in the mirror. I imagine he got to his feet with the chest stab, got to the sink and hold himself up there to try to mentally process what is happening while she stabs him in those clusters. He then attempts to crawl away, while she is slicing away at his legs. She turns him over right outside in the hallway slits his throat out there, drags body back to the shower. I still do not know where she shot him but I do believe it is the very last thing she did since she saw either a twitch or what she thought was gasps but was air escaping from the massive wound in his neck. He never had a chance.

I agree with most everything here.

Like you said, a 3rd reaction to "Fight" or "Flight" is just plain shock and a "WTF?".

He had no idea she had this devious plan to murder him. If that 1st wound was a stab to the chest and was deep enough to enter a lung, he could easily have spit up blood in the sink from that.

I too had my doubts about when the gun was shot and in the big scheme of things, it really doesnt matter. I used to think it was first but the more I think of the shell casing, it does seem like it had to have been last. The shell casing being clean on top in a pool of blood indicates it flew out the gun at the very end and landed in a pool of blood that was already there from the stabbings.

Like you said, JA most likely still heard gurgling or some noises from him, and so she finished him off with the gun. Or like others said, she may have wanted it to look like multiple people were there to kill him.

She is so twisted, it is tough to try to think what her thought process was.

After all of the review, gory & appalling, that makes the courtroom wince & break down, would a remorseful defendant be waving at the officer who answered the burglary call? I wish we could have seen that. Waving to get his attention. Really?

I'm still stunned no one in the neighborhood heard the gun shot ... or at least no one reported it / told LE. JMO

She had it muffled by the couch cushion? The cushion that left tassle parts on the stairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l