Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeM recanting JA telling her about the choking. JA was having a conversation about STDs with TA. He got angry, choking, JA said she tried to scratch him in the face because she didn't want to hurt him. Now there is a sidebar about testimony that " not wanting to hurt him" an unusual response.

EDIT JA started to scratch his face but pulled away because she didn't want to hurt him.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 14s14 seconds ago
Nurmi says DeMarte is "fantasizing." Objects that she doesn't have expertise. "Approach please," says the judge.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Demarte says that's leading and a problem. Geffner gave her the trauma #jodiarias #3tvarias

BAM. And I can only imagine how defensive Geff is gonna be given how she's calling him out!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s 23 seconds ago
Jodi did tell DeMarte about a choking in April of 2008 #jodiarias #3tvarias

JM now laying foundation for DeM to answer. She explains fight, flight or freeze.

JA pulled away because she didn't want to scratch his face and that his not a proper response when some one is truly in fear and starting to fight.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 11 seconds ago

Dr. De was told by #jodiarias that TA attacked her after she disclosed sexual partner info w/him out of concern for STDs. #ew

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
DeMarte is talking about fight or flight
One juror is totally hunched over writing. She never pays attention really I worry about that one

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 50s 51 seconds ago
DeMarte says that's not logical when your life is in danger #jdoarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
He threw her on floor, choked her and she was afraid. Jodi protected herself by trying to scratch TA's eyes but she didn't want to hurt him.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Jodi told her she spoke to TA about sexual partners and she was worried about an STD and TA became upset and flew into a rage. #jodiarias

Nurmi says DeMarte is "fantasizing." Objects that she doesn't have expertise. "Approach please," says the judge.

His out-of-town experts couldn't even do anything but give "an opinion".

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 40s41 seconds ago
DeMarte says #jodiarias Arias talked about conversation she had about sexual partners because she was afraid of STD. Says Alexander attacked

Man Kiefer really comes alive when they are talking about certain things but goes quet during others...just an observation.

In one of his PPL speeches, during the introduction, Travis was talking about mentors. He said that you didn't have to have a mentor, but he was lucky because he had Chris Hughes as his mentor. Between the 2013 trial and now, I have viewed memorial videos and other videos of Travis. Chris is in so many of them. I have no doubt that Travis and Chris loved each other. I think Sky and Chris probably deeply regret what they said about Travis and to Travis. Jodi was whining and complaining about Travis not committing to her. She had probably acted like a sweet, loving, caring, respectable young lady up until then. They didn't know the real Jodi.
That would be a difficult situation to be left with, after the loss of a beloved friend who was like a little brother. They were ALL manipulated by the same psychopath, to varying degrees. I am positive at some point after the brutal murder and with their own words being twisted and used to manipulate a jury, trying to get the murderer off- this had to seriously mess with their heads and their ability to grieve. Travis loved them- that is all I need to know about them.

He makes me want to puke.

Really? Then why did he attached to her diagnosis of BPD like a leech if she doesn't have the expertise?

A bunch of hogwash.

Don't think that is a proper objection. Sherry! I am begging you to control your courtroom!

DeM recanting JA telling her about the choking. JA was having a conversation about STDs with TA. He got angry, choking, JA said she tried to scratch him in the face because she didn't want to hurt him. Now there is a sidebar about testimony that " not wanting to hurt him" an unusual response.
From reading at Beth's....Jodi was going to scratch Travis' face but didn't want to hurt him. DeMarte explains this is an irrational response. When someone is in danger, they may react differently.

Nurmi jumps up and says (in open court may I add) that she doesn't have the expertise to discuss this. And now we're at another sidebar.

Man Kiefer really comes alive when they are talking about certain things but goes quet during others...just an observation.

:seeya: Yep, MeeBee ... and ya can really tell when he is showing his :behind: :behind:

:hilarious: . . . :seeya:

Demarte bothers Arias more than all the other witnesses put together. Awesome!

so sorry, pages and pages behind, but does anyone think it was strategic decision by Juan to hire DeMarte? knowing she would really get under JA's skin?

She's now onto fight, flight or freeze. (Why do we never hear about Fawn? That's the last one.) It's unusual someone would begin to fight and then stop.

So what are we to presume - JA told Travis she slept with someone else and was afraid she caught something, so TA attacked her either out of jealousy or anger that she may have given him a disease? And she tried to scratch his eyes out but didn't want to hurt him? It's so illogical because she likely made it up on the fly.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

DT prob hates this since they've voiced concern over not wanting #jodiarias to seem promiscuous.

JA was the one concerned w/STD in story.

His out-of-town experts couldn't even do anything but give "an opinion".

Yeppers, Nali, DeMarte is the ONLY expert who has the credentials to do so in this trial. Fonseca doesn't have the degree, and Geffner is out-of-state.

However, I HAVE seen numerous trials in which experts from a different state have testified. There was the Cody Posey trial in NM and the prosecution's shrink came all the way from FL to testalie.

So what are we to presume - JA told Travis she slept with someone else and was afraid she caught something, so TA attacked her either out of jealousy or anger that she may have given him a disease? And she tried to scratch his eyes out but didn't want to hurt him? It's so illogical because she likely made it up on the fly.

Yet another example of her loving, Christ-like manner, afraid to hurt someone. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag