Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3s 4 seconds ago
Liz Taylor is here in the gallery today...I swear this lady pulls it off well! #jodiarias #3tvarias

The DT should get a fixed number of challenges like in the NFL. :twocents:

Are efficiency and time management the same as justice? I get that the many sidebars are frustrating, bit I think that setting limits such as you suggest would turn courts into factories.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
#Jodiarias is really talking with Willmott...probably does't like how this morning is going #3tvarias
as they say in their 'camp' all prosecution witnesses are lying. She's probably running her mouth on that & will soon dictate a tweet to cha-cha about it! It's funny tho, they say this because all the defense witlesses are lying because ja told them too! And she's once again proven to be lying! master manipulator, thinking she could outlie the state of AZ.

4(Pd) Psychopathic Deviate - (50 items). High: Poor impulse control, dis-identification with societal standards, authority conflicts, marital and family conflicts, inconsiderate, narcissistic, poor judgment, extroverted, self-confident, hostile, parasitic and externalizes blame. Low: Overly conventional and conforming, passive, trusting and non-competitive. In a nutshell, high scorers are found to engage in antisocial behavior and are rebellious toward authority figures. They show stormy family relationships and usually blame others for their problems. They are immature, childish, narcissistic, self-centered, and selfish. They tend to be interested in others in terms of how they can be used. They are often thought to be likeable and usually create a good first impression but are shallow and superficial in relationships and unable to form warm attachments. They tend to act out and have antagonistic behavior and aggressive outbursts. Some are assaultive and may show little guilt over negative behavior.

IIRC............Arias was very high in PD, can't wait for that information to come out. But, maybe this would be too prejudicial??

From what I just read on the Sidebar Thread to get caught up this morning,

looks like Juan's starting out with DeMarte destroying Jodi's Super Secret Testimony and mitigating factors of parental abuse!!!

Crush 'em Juan!:skip::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

:seeya:

RBBM: Brilliant move by Juan to keep the Super Secret Testimony in ...

And JA and her DT thought they were soooooo smart to not let JA get back on the stand for cross-examination by Juan ... ha !

Now it's coming back to bite them on the :behind: !

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Is efficiency and time management the same as justice? I get that the many sidebars are frustrating, bit I think that setting limits such as you suggest would turn courts into factories.

If JSS could control her courtroom there would not be a need but she has let the Sidebars get out of control to where over 1/2 the trial is being conducted in Sidebar. She needs some discipline and the COA used this technique of limiting time for the attorneys.

Since JSS cant control her court, she needs to seriously think about using this technique. It would help her to manage her court.

From CS @ CNN:

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 14s 14 seconds ago

Jury is seated. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Detective Flores mother is here .....he has lot's of support today #jodiarias

Well, personally I'm glad Demarte said what she said. It shows she is not biased and doedn't try to downplay things that we can all see. She DID give context and she DID say there was no pattern there.

Like I said before, not everything is black and white. Travis said some very hurtful things in response to feeling betrayed and hurt very deeply by Jodi.
And verbal abuse is exactly that, verbal abuse. If I call my daughter a brat (and at 15 she practically lives life as a brat) it is an example of verbal abuse. It doesn't mean I'm abusive though. Now, if I call her a brat everyday, if I isolate her, if I call her lazy and useless, undermine her confidence, give her the silent treatment, threaten to hit her - I'm abusive. Many of us are guilty of isolated events of verbal abuse.

The problem is, when 'experts' are using these isolated examples to infer they are evidence of an abusive relationship, without any context, it isn't a far leap to believe abuse - especially if you've never experienced it yourself. It's driven me mad for forever that no one mentioned the necessary pattern.

Travis' anger was of course justifiable - no one's questioning that - but to a jury that doesn't know this case like we do, it's one more open door that needed to be closed.

All JMO

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Jury is back #jodiarias #3tvarias

Has JM asked DrD about JA's earlier relationships? All I remember from the last trial is DrD pointing out that, although JA had 3-4 long-term relationships prior to TA, they were all "back to back"... i.e. no gaps without a man like she faced in April-May 2008.

It's supremely ironic that JA loathes the only witness in this trial who is providing potential mitigation to the jury.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Juan just had his paralegal deliver some goods on Jodi I assume....it was a stack of paperwork #jodiarias #3tvarias

Where are the tweeters? BK has already posted another exhibit after start up.

DeMarte is covering it all in barely a day even with all the delays:
- Showing that the testing from Geffner was a big pile of carp.
- Using stuff Samuels and ALV kept secret to prove Jodi's story was a lie.
- Using coworkers including her former boss to show her as aggressive, manipulative liar.
- Using family and friends to show her background story is a lie.
- Comparing test results to show that she was trying to game the results.

Compare this to the vague references of Heckle and Jeckle in their almost complete lack of interviews, their conclusion that JA was 100% an angel and Travis was the second coming of Lucifer based on their 100% professional belief that she never tells a lie, and their obvious botched/slanted use of tests to produce the outcome they were paid to come up with no matter what the facts were.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 10s 11 seconds ago
Juan- With regards to Bobby Juarez, do you know Jodi kept that relationship a secret?
DeMarte- Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

:seeya:

RBBM: Brilliant move by Juan to keep the Super Secret Testimony in ...

And JA and her DT thought they were soooooo smart to not let JA get back on the stand for cross-examination by Juan ... ha !

Now it's coming back to bite them on the :behind: !

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

AZL: Can the pros now change their mind and want to put JA on the stand, after they said she was not going too...

From CS @ CNN:

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 11s 11 seconds ago

Martinez asks if DeMarte knew #jodiarias kept her relationship with Bobby Juarez a secret.

Yes.

I wouldn't! If my child murders somebody, she loses my love, I'm not getting up there and lying for her, she can take the consequences of her actions!!!:snooty:

Oh I agree with you, I would never get up there and lie but you can express love despite the bad done. I think had the defense taken this route instead of the "Poor jodi suffering in silence, always happy nice and never wrong" route that might be a mitigating factor for someone to consider. I rather see that kind of mitigation than to see the continuous killing of Travis by the defendant. I think it's harder to send someone to death when you have a mother pleading for their childs life. If my children ever do something like this, the consequences will be for them to face but I would get up there and express my love like a mother should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem