Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 6s 6 seconds ago
I nicked my wrist on accident like a paper cut and it stung so bad and I just sat there and couldn't bring myself to do it. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 35s 35 seconds ago

I took it apart with intentions to slit my wrists. I had extra laundry stuffed under my body. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Ah, yes, the "human tampon" story. Unforgettable.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s 23 seconds ago
Reagan- Thanks for the warning #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
TA- Yea you will prob get a threatening email from some anonymous person & it will be her. There's a good chance this will happen #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Regan- how long ago did you guys break up
TA- Almost a year. I had to change my password but she figures it out #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Regan- She still stalking you?
TA- Yep #jodiarias #3tvarias

So in this conversation they (JA and TA) had been broken up for a YEAR? and she is STILL stalking him?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
DeMarte didn't observe any of these behaviors while she interviewed her & she also watched video tapes of Jodi....she doesn't startle at all

I never said that. I'm saying, the way Dr. DeMarte is explaining it to me, sounds like her BPD is behind some the devaluing things she said after murdering Travis: the abuse lies, the pedophilia, the letter to his family etc. Those were the main things that would have led me to personally vote for DP. To me right now, it sounds like this is what BPD people apparently do and that they somehow can't control.

Of course it's not an excuse, but I'd consider it a mitigating factor while deciding her punishment.

I don't want to antagonize people though, so this is my last comment on this... :)
Nali, her DT hasn't claimed BPD as a mitigating factor, only PTSD, so how can the jury?

Me, too, Nali87. IMO, DP is too easy. I hope JA lives a VERY long life in the little cage of prison, with the memories on a constant loop of what she's done. Executing Jodi will not bring any peace, healing or closure for Travis' Family.

If she's in solitary,I would be ok with that. I don't want her in the general population. I think she would actually do ok with that. JMO

:seeya:

Unfortunately, I have to leave ... but it looks like y'all have the Tweets covered !

Check back later !

And ...

:drumroll: Another :great: day for Travis !

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Hate to admit it, but I'm curious how the DT will try to counter Dr D's testimony. I can only think of two options: 1) they convince JA to listen to their advice and coach her in what genuine remorse entails; 2) they double down on their previous approach--attack, attack, attack. Probably the latter.

Becky, I think it will be a lot like the last time DeMarte was on the stand. The DT made a big point about how young she was (I notice the Jodi supporters call her "tot doc"). They also made a big point about how she couldn't interview Travis since he was dead -- somebody posted that exchange a little while ago. What else have they got?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 39s40 seconds ago
Martinez is done. Stephens calls on defense to start cross. Nurmi asks to approach.

Yeah. But could she have behaved differently or is this all because of her disorder (which can also be regarded as a mental illness according to Dr.M)?

bbm. An important point - will any of the jurors wonder if she lacked the ability to behave differently because of the disorder. They may be concerned about voting for the DP under those circumstances.

ETA: If I were a juror, I'd be asking Dr. D. to address that.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 56s56 seconds ago
20 #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
She doesn't have PTSD like Geffner stated according to DeMarte...
Juan is done #jodiarias #3tvarias

round of applause!!!

Hate to admit it, but I'm curious how the DT will try to counter Dr D's testimony. I can only think of two options: 1) they convince JA to listen to their advice and coach her in what genuine remorse entails; 2) they double down on their previous approach--attack, attack, attack. Probably the latter.

3) Cast doubt on Dr D's credentials
4) Call her a liar

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 59s60 seconds ago
Evening recess. Jurors return at 9:45 tomorrow. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 54s 54 seconds ago
Evening recess back at 9:45am MST #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 44s44 seconds ago
Stephens is still on the bench.

The disagreements here reflect why mitigation is more a matter of the heart, not the mind, and why jurors are instructed they do not have to agree on what constitutes mitigation.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 56s56 seconds ago
20 #jodiarias

This has to register with the jurors, doesn't it? What do they think when the defense objects over and over and over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18