Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 1m1 minute ago
Juan ends calmly. Numri wants the rest of the afternoon to prepare for his cross so we are done for the day. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago
So for you folks playing at home, we wound up today with 20 sidebar conferences. #jodiarias

Think about it. Demarte has repeatedly talked about Arias' fear of abandonment. Would an ordinary juror dare to give the death penalty to someone like that? Some might consider it to be cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm still choosing to be optimistic about this jury though.

bbm. An important point - will any of the jurors wonder if she lacked the ability to behave differently because of the disorder. They may be concerned about voting for the DP under those circumstances.

That is what I've been trying to put into words all along man. The way you just worded that into one sentence, pff. :shame:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 43s44 seconds ago
Nope, that's it.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 1m1 minute ago
Juan ends calmly. Numri wants the rest of the afternoon to prepare for his cross so we are done for the day. #jodiarias

He's going to need much longer than the evening, to come up with a new defense strategy!

It seems Jodi has been sick since birth. Every boyfriend liked her and then couldn't wait to get far away from her. I wish her parents would have had her committed to a mental hospital before Travis had to die. In most States I don't think an adult can be forced into a hospital by family but everyone who knew her knew she was mentally ill. This is all so sad. Travis didn't have a chance. Unfortunately, there are people like Jodi walking our streets. Very very scary.

My brother in law has a friend/woman/significant other who has all these traits, we have done everything we can to convince him shes trouble... We finally had a restraining order against her from brothers living in the house. It has woke him up mostly, but we find him sometimes wanting to be with her. WE fear her every single day. We also track her movements for fear for the family.... crazy world we live in...

Me, too, Nali87. IMO, DP is too easy. I hope JA lives a VERY long life in the little cage of prison, with the memories on a constant loop of what she's done. Executing Jodi will not bring any peace, healing or closure for Travis' Family.

She will live a long life either way....difference is with DP it will be in isolation where she can't hurt anyone else. No more sex partners either....

Juan never asks for time to prepare for cross. And Nurmi has heard all of this before. :gaah:

Nali, her DT hasn't claimed BPD as a mitigating factor, only PTSD, so how can the jury?

IIRC they claimed both. And most of their defense has been pointing toward the "snapped" excuse (BPD)

Nali, her DT hasn't claimed BPD as a mitigating factor, only PTSD, so how can the jury?

http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...d-defense-show-their-hands-opening-statements

Nurmi told the jury that they would be hearing from domestic violence experts, and that Jodi Arias was a mentally disturbed individual. He cited Borderline Personality Disorder as her key concern which is interesting. When Jodi Arias was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder during her first trial, the defense vehemently disagreed with this diagnosis. Now it seems to work for this phase this time.

This did not go unnoticed by prosecutor Juan Martinez. But before he had a chance to mention this, Nurmi got a few more points in. Other mitigating factors for Jodi Arias include her age, her lack of criminal history, and her emotional distress experienced during her relationship with Travis Alexander.

Becky, I think it will be a lot like the last time DeMarte was on the stand. The DT made a big point about how young she was (I notice the Jodi supporters call her "tot doc"). They also made a big point about how she couldn't interview Travis since he was dead -- somebody posted that exchange a little while ago. What else have they got?

No kidding! And they've painted themselves into that corner.

Perfect, hand the good doctor over to Nurmi and we the day ends early. Don't think the jury doesn't notice that they need the time because they are stalling and unprepared.

Ugh. This will be long, drawn out, and dreadful.

Last trial JW was all about DrD's youth and inexperience, followed by much ado about which version of which tests she'd used, and ending with a lot of nonsense regarding secondary "scales" that meant nothing. Wisely, JW has been benched or refused to get in the ring with DrD this time. I expect Nurmi to attempt to barrel down Slime Highway again, and Dr. DeMarte will then force his trashy jalopy off the road and into a ditch.

I'm probably writing what many here are thinking: can't wait for the juror's questions.

That is what I've been trying to put into words all along man. The way you just worded that into one sentence, pff. :shame:

Nali..you said it just fine. And..I love playing devil's advocate. Give me the word and I'll come join you on your side of the fence...:)

I don't mean to be rude either and you have to trust me when I say I know every little thing she's said and done to TA and his family. I don't need to see any pictures to remember anything. I've been here since the beginning and I never troll. Nothing will change for me regarding her GUILTY verdict. BPD or not, she premeditated his murder.

My dilemma right now, is in how much she can control the things she do. The cheery little Jodi, the lying Jodi, the devaluing Travis during this trial. Is that BPD? Can she HELP the way she is? If she cannot, I'm leaning towards LWOP.

and if i have a dog, which i do, a wonderful chow whom i love to death, and if moses got rabies - and tho moses is the sweetest boy, i would have to put him down because of the rabies. the rabies cannot be healed, cannot be fixed to get him back to what he was. he would be a danger to everyone. probably not the best scenario, but just saying. ja can NEVER change, she will be a danger to other inmates, to correctional staff, to herself. there is no healing. and as for controlling her actions because of bpd, she is certainly controlling her defense team right now with manipulation and lies. she admitted how much she lies. she knows she lies to manipulate. does a mentally ill person do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member