Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the texts? Travis told Michelle all the snooping etc. caused JA "self inflicted pain.". That's off the charts so NOT the view of an abuser .
Yeah. If Travis were an abuser, he'd be the one facing trial for murdering her. Some of the antics she pulled and then to claim abuse on top of it? Ask any real abuse victim, anywhere, if they'd feel safe enough to slash their abuser's tires.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 47s48 seconds ago
Dr. DeMarte:#jodiarias "intrusive" behaviors stealing diamond ring from TA.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 33s34 seconds ago
13 #jodiarias
---
(sidebars)

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 6m 6 minutes ago

Another long sidebar. Almost lunchtime.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 4m 4 minutes ago

DeMArte reads a text between Alexander and #jodiarias referencing a stolen diamond ring. Nurmi objects. Stephens says to disregard remark.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 4m 4 minutes ago

Nurmi stands and says

"She made a false assertion against my client."

Stephens again tells the jury to disregard. #

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 3m 3 minutes ago

Martinez has DeMarte read the text from Alexander asking where the ring is.

Arias replies that she has it, don't worry. He says he's

I wonder if any of the jurors are thinking "Fatal Attraction" when they hear this testimony. Travis' friends and Det. Flores all referred to the movie from the get-go.

Yup, the only thing missing is the boiling pot of dead bunny!

Actually he should have been angry as hell. He was handling her crazy self with kid gloves, keeping his frustration inside which imo let to the 3 hole wonder blow up.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 3m 3 minutes ago

DeMarte says she took it without his consent.

Nurmi objects loudly.

Sidebar. #jodiarias

:gaah: You'll get your turn, Nurmi :gaah:

bbm

A spy? I hadn't heard or read that. Who was it?

I personally think that's what part of the last argument was about. JA was telling TA that she knew all this stuff about him and Lisa/Mimi because someone was telling her. I think she was hacked into his facebook and email and he did not know about it. When he finally confronted her to provide the name of this "person" who was telling her all these things (because at that point he knew she was in his accounts and there was no spy, she was lying...again and I think he caught her on his facebook right?) he was mad as hell. About everything.

What I don't understand is why he didn't make a concentrated effort to keep her away from him sooner. I don't think the sex was THAT important to him. I think he was scared of her...for quite some time. And didn't know what to do about it. A restraining order? Sure. But most people know how well those go over on obsessed people. Keep your enemies close and all that? He didn't seem to have to nerve to really call her out and try to cut her out of his life until she had moved back to CA. Maybe he felt braver at that point that she would truly leave him alone. She was 1000 miles away.

Imagine how he must have felt when she showed up in the middle of the night/early morning on June 4th 2008? I think I understand the sex thing that day now. :thinking:

MOO

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
JA- Oh yeah I have it, I will explain, don't be mad, I'm sure it caused u stress. Please don't worry
TA- I'm not mad, don't worry #jodiarias

---
What a mean *advertiser censored*!

He was so patient with her. I wouldn't have been. I think most of us would have dealt with her more aggressively. She takes his diamond ring and he he's not mad? Geez.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 1m 1 minute ago

When DeMarte says #Jodiarias "got caught," Nurmi asks for another

Michael Kiefer retweeted

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 1m 1 minute ago

JM is able to get evid in about things #JodiArias did in the relationship by having DD testify re JAs condition and the actions r symptoms

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14s 14 seconds ago
Noon recess be back at 1:30pm MST! See you on Trial Talk Live! Eat lots! #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nope, I would think not--how can the results of a standardized, objective test given to JA be anymore or less prejudicial than the PTSD tests given--maybe AZL can answer that from a legal standpoint.

On another note, during the guilt phase I talked about the other scales being "clinically significant" but JW, nor JM, ever really delved into this. IIRC, I do believe the PD scale, as well as one or two others, were very telling--and wondered why JM didn't go into them with Dr. D. Maybe there will be more in depth testimony regarding scales, versus the overall profile--at least I hope so

Not sure I remember your comment on this from first trial, but I hope you give it to us again sometime in this trial!!

Jodi must be fuming inside having all her peccadilloes come to light publicly. And now she can't tell her latest lies in secret anymore. Death row for her.

Who does this? What Ex-BF or Ex-GF moves back to the same town of their EX after breaking up?

I can only think of one type of person that does this. Someone like JA who is a stalkerish type person who could not let go.

It surely would not be a victim of abuse volunteering to move back near the person abusing them.

No wonder Travis was upset. It is incredible.

Which makes me think back to her interrogation video with Flores when she kept saying she needed to move on over and over again. I think Killing Travis was the only way she could "move on" from a NON relationship that consumed her in every way.She continued to snoop thru his emails, facebook which caused her self inflicted pain. In her mind he was hurting her and "killing her life" She was angry and couldn't focus on anyone else but him. She couldn't let go, he was moving on, happy and caught on to the real Jodi. She couldn't imagine a life without him. Fatal Attraction indeed.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 45s 46 seconds ago

That's lunchtime for the #jodiarias jury.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
JA- Oh yeah I have it, I will explain, don't be mad, I'm sure it caused u stress. Please don't worry
TA- I'm not mad, don't worry #jodiarias

---
What a mean *advertiser censored*!

Note this here. Ive seen JA say this before to people. She totally knows what pushes their buttons and she loves to do things like this.

"The Bad Seed"

He was so patient with her. I wouldn't have been. I think most of us would have dealt with her more aggressively. She takes his diamond ring and he he's not mad? Geez.

He probably was so conditioned by her at that point that he knew he'd pay more if he confronted her. Easier to make it go away.

Who does this? What Ex-BF or Ex-GF moves back to the same town of their EX after breaking up?

I can only think of one type of person that does this. Someone like JA who is a stalkerish type person who could not let go.

It surely would not be a victim of abuse volunteering to move back near the person abusing them.

No wonder Travis was upset. It is incredible.

bolded by me

she never lived there before. She is moving there knowing only TA. Talk about pressure on him. No wonder he fought it. (Or "guilted her" into moving there in Jodispeak.)

Anybody know?

The spying and slashed tires are getting in because the DT opened the door with painting Jodi as a special snowflake who was passive and could do no harm to anyone as it was in her nature to just defer to whatever Travis wanted. She had convinced the DT psych experts that she was a victim of Travis' "mean and abusive" behaviors. This testimony is being allowed to refute her allegations that Travis was in control of her. The rules are different for a sentencing phase trial vs. a guilt phase trial.

From CS @ CNN:

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 10m 10 minutes ago

DeMarte looking at copy of text messages between #jodiarias and TA regardinga diamond ring that was missing

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 10m 10 minutes ago

objection by Nurmi. Sidebar. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 9m 9 minutes ago

Exhibit 905 admitted. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 9m 9 minutes ago

Text messages between #jodiarias and TA shown to jurors.

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 8m 8 minutes ago

Text messages show #jodiarias took diamond ring from TA's drawer. JA explains she has it, and says sorry that she'll explain what happened.

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 8m 8 minutes ago

DeMarte says #jodiarias took it without TA's consent. Nurmi: "Objections, your honor. Again!" #sidebar

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 7m 7 minutes ago

TA in text says he's not mad. "It's cool" #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung @CarolynSungCNN · 4m 4 minutes ago

Judge calls noon recess. Back at 3:30pm MT. #jodiarias

I don't want her to be seen simply as a needy, desperate woman.

She won't--this jury is anything but stupid--not to mention both Dr. D and DT have ensured that JA's devious manipulations and especially the relentless and insidious trashing and blaming of the victim point to a very calculating stalker who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay