Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
Text from TA to JA
It get's old when you dramatize everything...you moan when you don't make PC..you hung up on me. Now you're on your own

Does anyone know what this means?

Jodi is the kind of person who will threaten suicide or maybe make a feeble attempt, like the razor nick for the attention and drama it commands, not because she wants to die. A person who really wants to commit suicide will find a way without calling attention to themselves, like Robin Williams, God Rest His Soul.

Which is why I do not believe that she ever took Advil to thin her blood (really? She was winging it with that lie. No time to get someone to google?) nor do I think she did any of the things she said she did like wrap herself in sheets and nick her wrist. Or she would have made it all about her and made sure the guards knew about it for the drama.

Does anyone remember how it was brought up in the trial? Was she blindsided by that tape? Or did JM bring it in during the opening statements? Either way, she had limited time to come up with a story for that and that was the best she could do IMO. But of course she had no corroboration for it via jail guards.

But it was more effective for JM to use it in his cross of her when she told him that lie and instead of trying to disprove it, he used it to suggest that Travis was hurting from much more than a nick thanks to her. It was very effective. Which is why, as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread, that JM appears willing to embrace that lie for effect in this phase.

MOO

Ummmm. AZL needs to weigh in here.

When I was a juror (New Mexico and yes that is one of our 50 .. lol), we were told in the Jury Instructions, that we could ignore/dismiss any testimony we thought was not factual ... from either side. We (the jury) could weigh more or less on the testimony of each witness to come to a conclusion. I cannot tell you how much "testimony" we dismissed/ignored from several witnesses... they LIED per the testimony that we believed ... all 12 of us! So be it.

So ... I disagree with your premise. JMO

It's not a premise.....more detailed is:

The DT has the burden in this phase to present mitigators and to prove that they could reasonably be true. The jury can decide that the DT hasn't met that standard for each or any of the mitigators. Those mitigators then wouldn't be weighed against the aggravator.

If the jury believes the DT has met the standard for each or any then yes, they very much are obligated to weigh that mitigation against the aggravator. That's how it works.

In theory, anyway. As AZL or any good article on the subject wil tell you, jurors are often confused by their instructions. They're most likely to arrive at their own conclusions their own way , then use the instructions to back up their decision.

ETA. The irony of course is that the State, not the DT, has proven her BPD mitigator beyond any reasonable doubt. Possibly the only subjective mitigator on the DT's list that will pass the jury's smell test. :)

Well of course I'm confused, so Borderline Personality is a mental illness, (I think) so I always believed the mentally Ill could not be put to death, or even be put on trial for whatever it is they have done. Could someone explain this to me. I think I understood Dr. DeMarte said the murderer has Borderline Personality, I could be mistaken

A mental illness/personality disorder is not the same thing as Mentally Ill. IMO.

Mentally ill person refers to a person who is incapable of managing his/her person or affairs. A mentally ill person requires care, treatment or control for his/her own good or in the public interest.
Mentally ill is defined as one who as a result of mental disease or defect, lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law. JMO

Which is why I do not believe that she ever took Advil to thin her blood (really? She was winging it with that lie. No time to get someone to google?) nor do I think she did any of the things she said she did like wrap herself in sheets and nick her wrist. Or she would have made it all about her and made sure the guards knew about it for the drama.

Does anyone remember how it was brought up in the trial? Was she blindsided by that tape? Or did JM bring it in during the opening statements? Either way, she had limited time to come up with a story for that and that was the best she could do IMO. But of course she had no corroboration for it via jail guards.

But it was more effective for JM to use it in his cross of her when she told him that lie and instead of trying to disprove it, he used it to suggest that Travis was hurting from much more than a nick thanks to her. It was very effective. Which is why, as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread, that JM appears willing to embrace that lie for effect in this phase.

MOO

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKm9m4qWAQ

Didn't they also say Dr D was totally incorrect with her BPD diagnosis? Are they going to thank her for it now seeing as they say it is mitigating?

Nurmi said in his opening that that jury would hear two doctors testify that CMJA has BPD and the only one who has is Dr D. Dr G went with bi polar based on things her friends and family said, not nothing he noticed.

FIRST ... Dr. DeMarte never, ever said JA was bi polar, EVER. She said she had borderline personality disorder. Big difference ... HUGE difference.

Your post has me wondering if the first jury would have handed down a death penalty if they had heard all the testimony that we have in this penalty phase retrial!

Well DeMarte would have demolished the emotional abuse claim that Zervakos fell for...

Just wanted to add that I feel justice has been served in these last few days. JA's core and true and utter evil has been laid out crystal clear and on the record. No matter what the sentence, she has been exposed for all to see.

Thank you Juan Martinez and Esteban Flores.

I agree. Today was like a breath of fresh air. Travis was heard today. The truth finally heard. It's all I need. The Family wants the DP and I pray they get it for their sake. Soon Jodi will be just another number in Prison and perhaps Death Row. Today was another great day!!!!

Yet Arizona has put women on Death Row before 3x, and one of them by Juan-Wendy Andriano!!! Also white & Female, not old.

And Wendi showed remorse! I was watching a 48 hours or Dateline about it. One of the jurors said something like "she showed remorse, which was nice" so here's me thinking "oh she didn't get death penalty then" and lo and behold she did!

See I still believe with every fiber of my being that Travis had ZERO clue Jodi was barreling down the highway headed for Arizona to "visit" him. I think she showed up unannounced that day/night and he just didn't, unfortunately, kick her out. And I also believe that she intended come hell or high water to have sex with him before she killed him not just to ensure he was vulnerable but it make sure he sinned right before he died and would not have time to repent. Yes I think she's that twisted.

Totally agree. And I think TA was scared to death of JA, especially if she just showed up at his house unannounced at 4 o'clock in the morning from 1000 miles away after the "rant" he had just gone through with her via IM. He knew she was an unstable stalker. What was he supposed to do when she just showed up in his office door? I'm sure he thought "oh crap" not again and went into his usual defensive mode when dealing with her to just be pleasant and give her what she wants until she goes away. Hence the sex.

At this point I do think he thought she had left to go meet a new possible love interest in Utah (I'm sure he was relieved) and instead she went and got her vehicle, moved it into his driveway for a quick escape, and grabbed the weapons she probably had in the vehicle to go back into the house and slaughter him. She was fully clothed in her "ninja" attire at the time of the attack so she was prepared IMO.

MOO

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
Text from TA to JA
It get's old when you dramatize everything...you moan when you don't make PC..you hung up on me. Now you're on your own

Does anyone know what this means?

I wondered the same thing, so I browsed Legal Shield's website. I am pretty sure PC is "Performance Club." Apparently, to be in PC, one must earn points by accomplishing specified tasks (e.g., selling a membership or recruiting a new associate).
https://sites.legalshield.com/PC/about.jsp

As a side note, making PC does not seem all that difficult (according to the rules I read). But alas, the hardworking and career-minded Jodi simply could not make the cut.

To make the jurors think of the same thought Juan did when he crossed her on this point ... Can you IMAGINE how painful it must have been for Travis to be stabbed 30 times and have your throat slit almost to the point decapitation when she couldn't even handle a freaking paper cut?

That was epic for me. I thought that was a huge red flag as to who and what Jodi is.

--------------
Hi LinasK, how is little MonaLou ? I remember your poor baby going through he(( after that.
I hope she is doing well now..:beagle:
Thanks Nore, but mine's Ciara. She's well, sitting here and begging from me right now. Here's an old picture of her:557535_10150925077973574_1346140348_n.jpg

restraining orders don't work.

I'm sure there are instances when they don't, but unless you have stats to the contrary, I think it's far from true to suggest that they rarely or never do.

What's more, in instances where they don't work, the problem is at least documented, and the order can be used as evidence if need be.

She said she used Advil, which doesn't thin the blood to the extent aspirin does. If anything, the Advil would have just dulled the pain of her razor nick. :shame:

Still not a "blood thinner". Warfarin is a blood thinner.

Rose, I think at the end of Dr. DeMarte's testimony, she will say that Jodi has the mind of a killer, that she intended to kill and that she would kill again. Right now it is all about her illness or psychosis, whatever they want to call it. But make no mistake, she didn't just kill Travis. That would have been awful. But she slaughtered him as if he was an animal. DeMarte will point out again that Jodi had no feeling for TA after the kill and no remorse whatsoever. And the defense cannot make that go away.[/QUOTEDeMarte will point out again that Jodi had no feeling for TA after the kill and no remorse whatsoever. And the defense cannot make that go away.
]

BBM

i don't think the state can say no remorse. I don't understand why tho.

Need to put Bobby J in there first. Remember too, Matt M was Bobbys' roommate. Talk about not letting go.

Heard he moved to Hawaii to get away from her. Talk about putting distance between you, he needed an ocean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l