Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy carp. If I wasn't scared of her before yesterday, it def sealed the deal. Wow-- can you imagine what goes thru that mind of hers at any given moment?

Since JA is "empty" and has no "self", which "host" has she attached herself to since she slaughtered Travis ... her memories of him?

I think being young and dumb and sexually charged no matter the consequences has to do with it. I was one this stupid and in hindsight it is sickening to reflect on my poor choices. When I reached about 38 I realized how much time and energy I wasted on losers (one who pointed a rifle at me, and I stayed....SMH). So I get it. And I am sure the jurors have had some experience in unstable behavior.

Warning: Bash me if you'd like..I won't take it personally. .....

It would be human for jurors, maybe especially the men, to listen to what they heard yesterday and wonder why the heck Travis put up with her behavior. (No, I am NOT blaming the victim!)

He's telling a GF that JA has come into his house uninvited, spied on him when he was in his own home with a GF, hacked his emails, read his journals, waited for him outside the bathroom door, taken a ring out of one of his closed drawers, and probably slashed his tires.

He's telling someone that, and warning her that JA will likely take revenge on her just because he's speaking to her. He's also expressing his belief JA has an accomplice who is essentially stalking two of his GF's.

As a juror, it would make me need to understand why he didn't draw an absolute line in the sand with her. DM went a long toward explaining this, by saying he thought she might really commit suicide if he did that.

It helps that they also have the history of other BF's being equally incapable of handling her. If jurors don't have these explanations firmly in mind I can imagine that they might at least consider one of her other mitigators on the list......that she was especially vulnerable to and affected by their tumultuous relationship (defined loosely).

Not because he was being abusive (I think that's been discredited), but because her BPD made her extremely likely to misinterpret ANY intimate contact.

If the psychologist makes it into the jury she'll be able to clarify why ESPECIALLY men have a hard time dealing with women with personality disorders. God.. I pray my son never finds a Jodi arias

Do we know what juror number the psychologist is so that our very own :websleuther: can tell us if that one has been picked perhaps?

Yesterday - via tweets - we heard about a time when TA and Lisa were in TA's house and the light went out. TA went downstairs to investigate and found Jodi there. I don't know how I thought JA accomplished that, but I had no idea "the light went out" meant Jodi completely cut the power by turning off the circuit breaker.

https://m.facebook.com/paul.sanders.921025/posts/899012176810849

I don't think he got that detail right. Not another soul reported it, and its freaky enough to have been jotted down if so. Sanders embellishes sometimes for affect.

The problem (biggest one anyway) with MM's facebook post about Deanna and Travis is that MM has been proven to be willing to lie in favor of JA. Nothing that MM says or writes/types can be taken at face value. The same way that nothing JA says or writes/types can be taken at face value. In order for MM to have been semi convincing in his affidavit that the defense used, he had to have gathered information from those willing to support JA and tell lies for her. MM is another one (like JA) that I would have to check to see what color the sky actually was if he told me it was blue.

MM could have known about Travis without knowing him. Since they were both Mormons, had at one time lived/visited with the Bishop and knew the same people then of course MM knew about him. Did MM actually know Travis? Did MM know how Travis behaved around his friends? Did MM ever spend any time with Travis where the two actually talked to one another? Highly doubtful to all of my questions. MM took it upon himself to "help" JA and had to make it sound "convincing" in order for it to be "believed".

MOO

One point to illustrate yours, McGee actually wrote to the Bishop asking who was staying there when his gf was... if any of his allegations had happened, surely he would have known, especially if he was such good friends of TA as he purported?

I had this random thought pop into my brain early this morning. Could JA have been wearing so much black lately to show sympathy to Det Flores?

:seeya: Hi khaki,

Absolutely NOT ... the only sympathy JA has is for HERSELF !

:gaah:

Well, I have my chicken filling all ready for my chicken enchiladas for dinner...The house smells so good ;)

I am in my comfy chair and ready to begin...Lets' have at it...

So, are you saying some men in the jury may find Travis a weak man,, and therefore, her BPD caused her to misinterpret and that's why it's understandable that she slaughtered him in an especially sadistic manner? So, basically, it's Travis' fault for being clueless and weak? Isn't that what the DT has been saying all along? So, let's forget the premeditation and the sadistic nature of the sluaghter, and the sadistic slaughter of his good name since then? BPD made her do it?

I actually think that some of the male jurors may have encountered their own leeches before where it was very hard to make the unwanted woman go away.

Yesterday - via tweets - we heard about a time when TA and Lisa were in TA's house and the light went out. TA went downstairs to investigate and found Jodi there. I don't know how I thought JA accomplished that, but I had no idea "the light went out" meant Jodi completely cut the power by turning off the circuit breaker.

https://m.facebook.com/paul.sanders.921025/posts/899012176810849

I thought it was a motion sensor light that went on and off. :waitasec:

I'd venture to say that mm has a certain personality disorder all on his own. Mind you he emailed bp one month AFTER the vent room post to verify it was TA that stayed there

Hi Zebra, That not what happened. A light went on and when TA went to see he found JA turning on the lights. I honestly don't know how these things get twisted. However, I could see her doing exactly what you described.

i don't know if i am looking forward to nurmi today at all.

on one hand,he is going to be so vile to Dr D but on the other he is going to look like an idiot with the questioning (i hope)

I don't think he got that detail right. Not another soul reported it, and its freaky enough to have been jotted down if so. Sanders embellishes sometimes for affect.

Why do you say that? I find him extremely articulate and very astute to what really happened in court.

Many of the tweets don't have detailed information in them.

If Jodi had met Aaron Hernandez before Travis, she would have converted to football.

Does anyone know where I can find text (not video) of Steven (Stephen?) Alexander's victim impact statement from the first trial?

He quoted something Travis had written, I think at New Year's 2008, about seeking to be more forgiving. When I heard that I could understand so clearly why Travis didn't cut JA off completely, but now I can't find it.

If think there's no more than a 50/50 chance that a juror-psychologist is a good thing. His or her credentials could triumph over common sense in some jurors' minds.

I'm actually looking forward to cross-examination. Demarte will not allow anybody to manipulate and twist her words. She will be cool, calm, confident and articulate. Anyone that attempts to discredit her will end up looking like a fool. Today that honour will be bestowed upon Nurmi. :giggle:

Not only that Rose :seeya:, but I am absolutely sure that KN will open avenues for Dr. D to segue into some very important professional opinions she has regarding aspects of JA's exploitive and self serving manipulations (Narcissistic traits) she demonstrated throughout her life and especially with TA.

ETA: I strongly believe that JM's strategy with his witness was to paint a very clear CLINICAL picture that is supported by facts and evidence, then once the DT crosses (Juan knows what they are going to do) it gives them an opportunity to provide professional opinions in response.

Since JA is "empty" and has no "self", which "host" has she attached herself to since she slaughtered Travis ... her memories of him?

JA does have "self". She knows what she wants and does what she thinks she must to obtain it. There is no "host" that is of value to her right now because no one in her circle has anything she wants to obtain. JA is like a parasite. She will suck the "host" dry until there is nothing of value left. JA had done this in all of her past relationships and tried to do the same with Travis. Unfortunately for Travis he got rid of her before he was reduced to nothing that JA valued. If Travis had held off until he was penniless, without the nice home and nice cars, and was looked down upon by friends, coworkers and church members then JA would have let him live. But Travis valued his life more than he valued her wants/wishes so she killed him. Travis also did the unthinkable (to JA) that the others never threatened to do.....he was going to expose her for what she truly was.

MOO

What does this personality disorder have to do w/ the crime?
She plotted, planned & orchestrated an elaborate intent to kill TA-- from the fake burglary, to the gas cans to the rental car, to the hair color. And then just as much of a coverup.
She's not certifiable in insanity-- so let's move this da&m thing along.

Yep. The weeds seem to be looking pretty attractive right now. Who knows when they're being manipulated?

I hear ya. An out there thought no doubt, but she is so diabolical and I've definitely noticed all the black and had been wondering if there was any meaning to it.

I doubt it(someone had commented the other day when both JA and JW were all smiles that it was directed at her lawyer friend in the gallery), but now that it's been mentioned I'm sure that will be in one of the next tweets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee