Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be great if JSS said JA must get on the stand and answer those 3 questions after Dworkin testifies tomorrow? There would be time if the DT's other (gag) witnesses aren't available. I really, really hope this happens.

Yes. It would be the ONE time I would be proud to call her a judge.

Ok Frigga, maybe all of you are correct. Thing is, Juan can go through several witnesses in one day. It doesn't have to be dragged out. (You might be getting him confused with Nurmi.haha). Seriously, Nurmi would take a whole day for every witness Juan put on the stand.

What I am reading tonight is that everyone is tired. So maybe nothing will make a difference. If that's the case, don't bring Dworkin in, shouldn't have brought in Smith. Just close it down.

Hi Curious, I didn't mean to come off as preaching, I was actually trying to make you feel better. I didn't do a very good job, I guess!

I am disappointed too but I am trying to see it another way. :)

Hope, I really do pray you are right about this. I didn't see the trial. Only read the tweets. The jury is a collective group of rational people. The crime was horrific. But the defense has battered them with horror stories of Travis. The defense got away with it. JSS did her part in assisting the defense in some strange ways. Juan seems tired. We will see. I know he has other cases to fight for. I think the jury needs to know who Travis was and how much he was loved. I disagree with someone who said Deanna brought that in. she was trashed too. The jury will remember all those things the defense said and no one has countered it in detail. IMO. If she gets life, this will be why.

I disagree completely. The bishop, Deanna, Lisa, the computer experts, Demarte have all cleared his name. There has been numerous people prove there was no child *advertiser censored*, no past abuse, nothing. If you still have doubts, that's inside of you, not on Juan. He did everything he could to prove the ONLY person who believes he was an abusive pedophile is Jodi.

I'll try to answer some of your recent questions.

Curious in Indiana: Please rest assured Juan has covered every base with this jury. The jury absolutely has enough information to know to set Jodi Arias' entire diary to the side as it has been proven to be replete with lies. Also, they have enough proof that she lied on her testing. Juan has proved through Deanna and the Bishop that MarcMcGee, the Affiant #1 lied throughout his affidavit. Deanna never met him, she was not there in the time period he claims to have seen Travis abuse her. She was not even in the US. Also the Bishop NAMED a different young man, NOT TRAVIS, as the one who had the "*advertiser censored*" on his computer. It turns out the Bishop classified the *advertiser censored* as "Something one may see in a JC Penny catalog nightgown ad". He took his computer to the Geek Squad to wipe it clean just in case and they found NO child *advertiser censored*, whatsoever. SO....the jury now knows to discount everything Jodi said everything her experts said, and largely everything her Affiants said. IN ADDITION, Dr. Demarte quoted to the jury from mom, pop, sister, cousins, co workers, former bosses, former lovers , former friends of Jodi about how she lies, manipulates and stalks. I promise you.....no stone was left un-turned. She even interviewed Lisa , Chris and Sky . Through Dr. Demarte the jury now knows to set those Travis/Chris/Sky emails to the side. NO stone was left un-turned. He was A M A Z I N G. He even got in that VILE letter she wrote to Travis' family that the jury may only interpret as as COMPLETE lack of remorse. COMPLETE!!

Little old me is correct everything was countered.

Shadowboy: The other drives Juan's experts were working on is because the defense gave him the wrong ones at first, not the actual untouched original copy, but rather some copies their experts were using to work on and they had altered in the process , so all the time he spent on those was wasted. After MUCH ado, he finally got the correct one.

Katidi, Daisydomino is correct....God help us all Jodi's experts will be back.
Yes, Nurmi said Dr. F, and Geff will be back, the trouble is neither are available for a week, maybe two weeks. I am serious.
The defense is only permitted, NOT THAT THIS JUDGE OFTEN HOLDS THEM TO ANY RULES , to bring back Dr. F and Geff to rebut anything new JM raised, not to revisit and reiterate their opinions they have already testified to. What is new is that Dr. Demarte opined that Dr. F was wrong on many matters and Geff was wrong on all. They can try to prove that Geff did do the testing correctly ( Dr D said it was a hot mess ) that he did interpret the tests correctly, and certainly he will say he did not lead Jodi to her answers as Dr D explained he certainly did.

That would NOT take two days even as slowly as Nurmi goes. The fact that he is advising he needs two days for Geff alone implies he wants to begin with .....it all started when Jodi was a baby.... the journals, the texts, the alleged abuse, the alleged child *advertiser censored* and just have a whole new bite at the apple. He claims he will not be available to return to AZ for around 2 weeks. Dr F will not be available for another week at least. I'll have to check on how long he claims he will need with her.

Juan is to rest the state's case after Dworkin. Even so, if Nurmi/Jen raise new issues during this sur rebuttal JM is permitted, just like last time to refute them. So we can look forward to seeing Dr. Demarte or Dr. Jill Hayes to once again be the clean up woman and say Jodi's experts are wrong on the facts regarding young Dr Demarte and here is why.......

I believe realizing the trial is clearly going on and on and is quite a burden to the jury's lives, that is the reason for the one on one sit down with each yesterday to hear their concerns/ objections to the future weeks/months of testimony. We had all jurors today so no one was dismissed , not for any reason.

Garth: No need for pop of the 9 year old, this was already proven to be a mass email generated automatically by Travis' PPL work.

Digggin:

Here is the blogger's info in her own words https://t.co/zgyeMEoGBo Juan Martinez has every single screenshot of the vile things Maria has tweeted out, including this little gem mariadelarosa getthistojuan stat.jpg.

Regardless of the sentence, remain calm. Jodi Arias and her dangerously unstable fans will want to brag that "she won". That is not true. We won; if one wants to call it that. when the jury came back with GUILTY of MURDER ONE. IT MEANS THEY DID NOT BELIEVE HER ABOUT THE ABUSE OR PEDOPHILIA, AND THAT SHE DID PLAN IT.

Verdict http://youtu.be/fLwJcVXYyUo GUILTY.jpg

She did a heck of a job sullying up Travis' name during this phase but I am certain, all her lies are now exposed. Thoroughly. Forever. Jodi Arias will die in that prison. The only question is on what day. She will not be coddled, indeed I believe she is wholly unprepared about what lies ahead in prison. Here a warden explains what it will REALLY be like for Jodi Arias...HELL http://youtu.be/plHt-bN2pLU

Especially for Curious in Indiana, you seem to be such a sweet person who seems to have a heavy heart about this not going our way, I want to tell you tonite...Jodi will be punished. Severely. As for Justice 4 Travis, his name is cleared. I feel the way Dave Hall does in this picture , elated dave.jpg

He is with our Heavenly Father, with MumMum, his mom and pop, dancing around the clouds to what I trust is a very exuberant LaCucaracha.
travi dancing.jpg

But nothing not already known (by JM) in guilt phase. No new areas. I have zero recollection if there was ever testimony about the Helio though.

I agree, it doesn't sound as if anything about the Helio would be new information. The only thing ("noteworthy") that pops into my head about the Helio is the selfies of defendant with her dark brown (newly dyed) hairdo, but IIRC Dworkin didn't testify to those photos in the guilt phase, a detective did. Would be interesting if those photos were reintroduced because I thought they were particularly creepy, which might be a nice way to end the state's rebuttal.

That makes sense. I have no computer knowledge and didn't know how important this question was. Someone will post later about it or maybe Det Smith will bring it up. I don't care to hear anymore computer/*advertiser censored* discussion but I do hope JSS shuts down the defense and allows Det Smith to testify. JM must think it is important.
All I see is the Defense is sure fighting to keep him from testifying for SOME STRANGE REASON. They don't want him to open his mouth, even more than Juan wants him to talk. Or that's how it looks to me. Its almighty strange.

I disagree completely. The bishop, Deanna, Lisa, the computer experts, Demarte have all cleared his name. There has been numerous people prove there was no child *advertiser censored*, no past abuse, nothing. If you still have doubts, that's inside of you, not on Juan. He did everything he could to prove the ONLY person who believes he was an abusive pedophile is Jodi.

And plenty came in via Demarte from Travis' friends without them being subject to cross, shaming and having their words twisted. Pretty good strategy by Juan. Travis doesn't need character witnesses and he can't just put up witness after witness to bash Jodi. He can't just pile on her. It's got to be a proper rebuttal. He must be careful and measured in what he brings in. He's got to balance it between exposing Jodi's lies and proper rebuttal of mitigation. That's it. This has been as good as a rebuttal can be.

None of us know yet what the jury believes or doesn't believe about anything. Clearing his name isn't their job. I thought JM did a spectacular job of seizing back the narrative and making it about a remorseless twisted killer. Lots of us believe this, some don't, but our opinions aren't the ones that count.

Per BK, JSS also told KN that witnesses don't belong to either side when he was whining about JM calling "our expert"

Sounds like Nurmi conveniently forgot about him calling Det. Flores to the witness stand during pr0ngate. ;)

Well, you know the defense will have to wrap up before March 31. That is the day Geff's clinic opens its big violence boondoggle (I mean conference) in Hawaii.

I wonder when ALV, RG and Fonsie will begin to use Jodi Arias as an example of DV in their seminars? Maybe add THAT to their CVs, and delete Snow White.

None of us know yet what the jury believes or doesn't believe about anything. Clearing his name isn't their job. I thought JM did a spectacular job of seizing back the narrative and making it about a remorseless twisted killer. Lots of us believe this, some don't, but our opinions aren't the ones that count.

I was replying to curious, who stated she didn't feel like his name has been cleared from all the lies the defense has told. You're right, none of us know what the jury thinks. But I am pretty sure I can say that none of them believe he was a pedophile. And to me, that is one of the best things to come from this. Juan did everything he could, he's exhausted, he's sick of these bloody defense games. I'm at the point where it just needs to end, death or LWOP, let's just finish this.

So, did the final time line ever get decided? Last tweet that was clear to me, judge was unhappy with the defense time line. They said they have a local witness on the 18th that will take an hour and then Geffner isn't available until the 25th. Then she called them to sidebar and ? who knows what was figured out.

Any ideas? Are we really only having 1 witness next week that will only take an hour, pretty much giving the defense a 2 week break to file more motions?

[video=youtube;OoW-ZRYgLZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW-ZRYgLZY[/video]

This had been one of the toughest cases followed. How the Alexander family has hung in is beyond my comprehension. I have nothing but admiration and respect for them in doing so. I know I had to step away for a bit when this phase began. Thru this whole Trial there were times I have felt fogged, scrambled, spun and abused. By both the Defense and Jodi. Thankfully we have folks like Juan who seek the truth and Justice. No matter how this ends Jodi one day will be a faded memory and perhaps a forgotten one. So glad we have each other here to lean on. Refresh memory and once in awhile laugh our azzes off. Truly cant wait until this is a wrap.

If I may...And please don't take this the wrong way as I do mean well.
I agree with little ole me. When JM got up the whole court room changed. JM holds the record for how many grand slams during his turn to bat? I've lost count. By all twitter accounts even that Keifer dude, JM brought TA back to life in that court room and his voice was loud and clear as time after time he refuted any and all of JA's claims. By all twitter accounts the jury was practically sitting on the edge of their seats, taking notes like mad and I'm absolutely sure that nothing was lost on them. Captain JA and her crew will abandon ship without saving a single passenger and this jury knows it.
So what if TA was addicted to sex? IMO JA taught him everything he knew cuz she was the one watching *advertiser censored* and knew all the tricks to keep MANY men all at one time interested in her for longer then any of them probably wish they had. And I'd bet each and every one of them are thanking their lucky stars every day for the life they still have.
Yes, Jaun is a force to be reckoned with and I have no wonder that Nurmi has tried to dump JA more than I can remember how many times, plus I think he knows now that he has lost this case big time and I think that's why he looked like such a buffoon in the last week or so. I truly believe he does hate JA and I truly in my heart want to believe that he hope's she gets the DP too. Yeah, I do feel sorry for him, even as much and as often as I've wanted to swat him up side the head and shake the mud out of him I just think he has gotten in way over his head and underestimated how much JA would control him too.
Gosh, so sorry I got so long winded but YESSSSS, I clearly heard TA's voice loud and clear through JM via the tweets. so don't lose heart Curious in Indiana cuz it really is scary to think the jury didn't catch what everyone else caught but I really do think they heard TA's strong voice too.

Ua-oh...I was quoting Curious in Indiana's post #1187 but it's not there. So sorry.

ITA.

I feel like JM has totally destroyed all the vile things the defense tried to cram down the jury's throat. I don't know how the jury could think anything other than the defense was just trashing the victim.

For me, I don't even care if she gets death, because I feel TA's name has been cleared.

No, he's not, Mr. Krafft, based of Det. Smith's testimony at the Dec. "*advertiser censored*" hearing that TA's computer did contain *advertiser censored* sites.

This is driving me crazy! Since every tweet uses the same terminology, I can only assume that's what's being used in the courtroom. They all say that the computer CONTAINED the *advertiser censored* sites or that the *advertiser censored* sites were ON the computer. No. The *advertiser censored* sites were NOT on the computer. URL's (addresses) to the *advertiser censored* sites were in registries or other lists/files, but the *advertiser censored* SITES were not ON the computer. If the *advertiser censored* sites were on the computer, there would be entire directories containing all the html files, image files and various other files used to create the *advertiser censored* sites. There would be thousands of *advertiser censored* image and video files on his computer if that were the case.

There. I feel better now that I've ranted about that. Carry on.

Per BK: Motion to Preclude Det. Smith Denied!!!

Now Nurmi wants to preclude a member of the public for racist taunts against MDLR--JSS won't remove anyone however she is going to have a hearing on it. SMFH, honestly this is so very petty and ridiculous and the fact that JSS is going to address it in a hearing, FFS you cannot be serious--:sick::silenced:

De la Rosa must be awfully thin skinned, to call that 'racists'! Unless she sees herself as a ... cockroach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper