Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
Sandy's family went down to Purple Plum to talk to them about it #jodiarias #3tvarias

To insist they believe the Ninja story? (That was the story de jour then)

Between her brother and her parents, it does sound as if her family is always intervening for her and enabling her to do the things she did. It is a sad picture really because now they aren't even testifying in court for her. Just about everyone she knew wants to hide behind some cloak of secrecy. I wish the jury could get this case in their hands for deliberation today. All of this is getting weirder by the moment.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 13 seconds ago
Geffner states credibility issues especially when someone is writing a book
We have records of emails that are more reliable #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Geffner is saying the interviews DeMarte did with Sky and Lisa wasn't reliable and this was a case of secondary gain #jodiarias #3tvarias

Whoo~~I didn't think he interviewed anyone--just went be reports, Jodi or basically heresay

Perhaps this is why Nurmi said Geffner wasn't available till the 25th -- they wanted to collect actual interviews to counter what De Marte had from her interviews. Maybe he had to do them by phone per the judge's request.

While we are :waiting: ... more photos:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago

#JodiArias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott takes center stage Wed in the #JodiArias sent phase retrial.
Deja Vu.

B-KN09FCMAAgApM.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

Dr. Robert Geffner is questioned by #JodiArias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott during sent phase retrial Wed, 2-18
B-KNfRBCYAEhXMV.jpg

Don't throw rotten apples, but I do like her hair today.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 36s 37 seconds ago
Geffner says Lisa and Sky's credibility was questionable and DeMarte went seeking these interviews out #jodiarias #3tvarias

what was questionable? have i missed something.....

We have records of emails that are more reliable from these witnesses #jodiarias #3tvarias

jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
Sandy's family went down to Purple Plum to talk to them about it #jodiarias #3tvarias

To insist they believe the Ninja story? (That was the story de jour then)

Kind of blows the "no family support" theory doesn't it?

Been popping in and out, I don't know how you guys can stomach being here all day for this crap. Let's just hope the jury feels the same way we do, we are over it. Let's talk about mitigation and the murder for crying out loud.

Tweets:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

It's a conspiracy. Lots of problems today but I'm back on! #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

Geff says Chris & Sky Huges wrote a book & have something to gain. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago

Sky's face & body language don't change. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

Geffner talks about secondary gain, using the Hughes as an example.
They want to sell a book, he says.
Sky Hughes sitting in front of me

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 13 seconds ago
Geffner states credibility issues especially when someone is writing a book
We have records of emails that are more reliable #jodiarias

Geffner is saying the interviews DeMarte did with Sky and Lisa wasn't reliable and this was a case of secondary gain #jodiarias #3tvarias

Anyone have any idea what he is referring to when he says "secondary gain"?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 26s 27 seconds ago
Geffner says DeMarte mislead the jury by picking and choosing. This isn't how a forensic evaluation is done #jodiarias #3tvarias

really?! picking and choosing like ALV like fonesca like him?

pot
kettle
black

Tweets:

Dr. Geffner says Dr. DeMarte accepts testimony when it fits her opinion. #JodiArias Wasn't this what the state said about Dr. Geffner. Lol

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago

#JodiArias must feel the end of trial near. Very engaged in testimony vs. sketching.

Much info related about #jodiarias by Travis Alexander's friends was info they repeated from what Alexander told them, Geffner says.

I wonder when JA's mother approached the employees at the PP. Hopefully not while LE was conducting their investigation since they were potential witnesses.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now 3 seconds ago
Now for the "crafty and scary" statement that TA chatted with Regan about regarding #jodiarias #3tvarias

Right?
This family is all nuts. It does not excuse the murder at all, But I can not imagine me being in such horrible trouble and my parents not being willing to stand up and say at least, PLEASE DON"T KILL HER.

JA will say in allocution that her family and friends all wanted to testify for her but couldn't because of death threats. Watch for it. She said pretty much just that about Patty Womack last time around in allocution, and nobody corrected her.

Have to think it's obvious to jurors that PTSD is the only psych diagnosis the DT is interested in applying to JA. The only way that diagnosis is going to be at all believable to the jury is if they believe JA was abused as a child. The last jury didn't. Why should this one?

PTSD is irrelevant in this case anyway. In guilt phase the DT used it to spin their self defense story. Besides residual doubt, just what sense is the jury supposed to make of the diagnosis, even if they believe it?
Right. So are they saying she had PTSD before she met Travis? Something from early years? What was the trauma then?
She was only tested for it after the murder and according to the tests, it was from, prior abuse/sexual abuse in childhood but also on Samuels test it was from the intruders who attacked Travis & her? So, once again, defense wants it both ways without proof of either!

Have to think it's obvious to jurors that PTSD is the only psych diagnosis the DT is interested in applying to JA. The only way that diagnosis is going to be at all believable to the jury is if they believe JA was abused as a child. The last jury didn't. Why should this one?

PTSD is irrelevant in this case anyway. In guilt phase the DT used it to spin their self defense story. Besides residual doubt, just what sense is the jury supposed to make of the diagnosis, even if they believe it?

They're free to ignore all the expert witnesses or some of them or parts of what they opined. In think it's great the experts can't agree if missy is mentally ill, personality disordered or just evil. It means whatever is going on, it doesn't rise to criminal insanity and I can sleep with my verdict. JM will clear up the abused as a child BS by playing one of her many interviews.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 7s 8 seconds ago
TA mentions Jodi's stalking but Geffner says TA and JA had a sex phone call convo right after this statement #jodiarias #3tvarias

im talking to my better half right now,but i could sure go and creep around his house snooping in his windows etc and that'd be stalky alright

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 42s 43 seconds ago
Geffner said TA didn't have fear and Regan was only hearing this info from TA #jodiarias #3tvarias

Willmott says TA was sleeping with Jodi at this time, had a sex call and wanted to visit her #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tweets:

It's a battle of the experts. Who will the jury believe? #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 22s22 seconds ago

Travis: I am afraid one day she is going to kill herself.
Regan Housley: Well, yes, but persistent.
TA: No crazy. #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago

Willmott shows a gmail conversation in which Alexander is telling someone that #jodiarias is scary; at about the time of the phone sex call

Geffner calls it manipulative. #jodiarias

DeMarte didn't deal with contradictions and testing and didn't review the big picture because she was biased - Geffner #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Geffner says there was a pattern that DeMarte only believed what Jodi said when it fit with what she needed #jodiarias #3tvarias

I thought she presented her views very logically and unbiased ~~unlike defense "experts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli