Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why they didn't re-tweet this one. Personally, I think it's a juanderful observation and will get me through the afternoon.

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 47s 47 seconds ago
There's no still photographer this morning so I'll paint you a picture. #JodiArias was laughing, smiling on direct, now, looks distressed.

Looks like her "Dupers Delight" was out of control until Juan reigned it back in. :thud:

First time I've heard a juror being called out. I wonder whether Juan is a bit weary about her? I don't want to speculate about these poor jurors but I'm sure Juan had some specific goal in mind when he did that.

Also, I've avoided discussions regarding the Hughes because they clearly meant a great deal to Travis. I just want to say that writing a book is fine and all that but why not wait until the trial is over? The book is of no use to Travis' case/his family---and nothing else matters at this point. I'm a little disappointed.

I thought maybe counsel both know she is the one submitting the pro defense questions (and maybe some even more overt ones that weren't asked) and the defense actually is pandering to her and Juan can tell. Which would also explain his boldness in addressing her by number. Perhaps he is not afraid of losing her because he knows he already has.

Or maybe Juan just mentioned juror #1 due to proximity. She's the one closes to the witness box so he was moving his chair toward her.

I have been searching the threads for the answer to this and cant find it. Has JA or TA phone record ever been checked to see how long that recorded sex convo was? In other words how long were they on the phone compared to how long was the recording? Who called who? I would think that would be important as it could indicate that JA asked TA to "just do it for me, Travis.....please. I am fantasizing that you could say......and I could say....." As in total set up.

BBM
Here's some testimony about the "recorded sex call."

JA's choice words/testimony that stood out to me (blue/red font).

Also, I can't remember who it was but someone previously asked about Jodi's statement that she had to hit "save, save, save" on the Helio, and that testimony is here as well.

108:30
KN: Jodi, the conversation we just heard before the break, when did that take place?
JA: May 10, 2008.

KN: Where were you when that conversation took place?
JA: I was at my grandparent’s home in Yreka, California.

108:49
KN: Where you living there at the time?
JA: Yes.

KN: When did you move back?
JA: Um…somewhere…sometime in the first half of April, 2008.

KN: OK. What motivated, to your understanding, how did you wind up having this conversation with Mr. Alexander?

JA: Um…those kinds of conversations were something we began to have on a regular basis after I moved back, and that day… I can’t remember if we were talking or chatting[/COLOR] but he said something kind of mean and I got offended and then we got online and started chatting about it and…The conversation turned sexual again and he wanted to get off the phone so that we could further the conversation so… I told him I needed a little bit of time to psych myself out of the bad mood that I…the sad mood that I was in because I didn’t want to talk to him in that kind of mood. That wasn’t the mood he wanted me to be in so um…after that we logged off and I think I called him a little while later.

1:10:05
KN: And the recording of the conversation, do you know how that came to exist?
1:10:09

JA: Um…yes. In the …When I… I got my Helio phone the day I moved out of Arizona. Um…the phone that I had was a Motorola Razor, and I put it in the drink cup holder in the U-Haul truck and I went to sleep inside the truck, and when I woke up in the morning I realized that I set it…in the bottom of the drink holder was a bunch of hot chocolate that had spilled the day before and it basically soaked in hot chocolate all night, so my phone didn’t work anymore. I met up with Gus Searcy somewhere in southern California. He had a free phone deal and he let me have the Helio. Um…and I agreed to pay him for it but I don’t remember how that worked out.

Um…and so…as I had this phone figuring out the features and then I realized we can record on it, and um… I told Travis, and we joked about recording it, and then um…We tried that, and a few times I failed at it, because you have to hit (uses her hands to illustrate) a record button -- on the phone, and then if you hang up the phone at the end of the conversation before hitting save, then it doesn’t save the conversation, so…He liked when we recorded things like that. He liked to play it back, and so um…The first few times I forgot to save it because it went all one long recording, and then I would hang up not thinking and lost the recording and he would get upset, so throughout the conversation I began to hit save, save, save so that I didn’t forget so that at least even if I forgot at the last one at least a portion previously was saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 5m5 minutes ago

Just an observation,

gallery always packed when Juan Martinez is up. #JodiArias

:great: = :juanettes:

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 47s 48 seconds ago
Exhibit #631 will remain sealed because of copyright issues. Hope it's not my video. Lol. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3s 4 seconds ago
Juan- You had a responsibility to interview Chris Hughes and you didn't
Geffner- He wasn't on the list #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 17s 18 seconds ago
Dr. Geffner does not remember who used the word 'gutted'. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 47s 48 seconds ago
Exhibit #631 will remain sealed because of copyright issues. Hope it's not my video. Lol. #JodiArias

Yep, got to seal that DAP test so the jury can't review it in deliberation

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 25s 26 seconds ago
Juan- He participated in that convo
Geffner- Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 49 seconds ago
Juan- But he was the one on the emails that said "gutted"
Geffner- I'd have to look #jodiarias #3tvarias

Brrrr. Waiting in -20 temp in car for my son. Need me some JM fire to warm up....:)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 22 seconds ago
Geffner rattles off a bunch of associates that made a decision not to interview them #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Juan- What about Lisa Andrews? You again didn't interview her...
Geffner- Yes same as other one #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 38s 38 seconds ago
Juan points out at the end of Travis's life, he had no girlfriend. Geffner agrees. #JodiArias

Geffner rattles off a bunch of associates that made a decision not to interview them #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Juan- What about Lisa Andrews? You again didn't interview her...
Geffner- Yes same as other one #jodiarias #3tvarias

Pretty sure Lisa Andrews didn't write a book...

Juan says "So you did have the resources and still chose not to do it."
YES #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 38s 39 seconds ago
Geffner says Travis was being manipulative or exploitive because he was talking to a lot of women. Juan disagrees. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 24s 25 seconds ago
Dr. Geffner says he used the word victim as in general terms. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 2m 2 minutes ago
Juan pointed out that Geffner referred to Lisa as a victim. #JodiArias Objection.

Purple Plum busboys have more important information to share than a crime victim's closest friends and family?

Alrighty then. ;)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 10 seconds ago
Geffner admits Travis didn't have a GF when texting these women he made a chart on #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 45 seconds ago
Chris was TA's best friend & u didn't interview him. He could have contributed a lot! Same as Lisa, she was TA GF & could have added a lot.

Wow. according to BK RG referred to these women as victims during testimony with JW but now claims it was meant in a generic sense

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 28s 29 seconds ago
Geffner said "vicitm" when referring to the women Travis was texting and Juan is taking him to task on it. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 56 seconds ago
Juan says well how is this exploiting and manipulating other woman when he wasn't exclusive with someone?
Geff- Well it was how it was done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member