Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
think she means recording with pen and paper.

No, she's compiling a DVD for sale after the verdict is in, she's been self-promoting it in tweets for weeks now (irritatingly so, imo). I don't know if allowable or not, since she isn't putting it out until after the verdict as JSS instructed but she hasn't made a secret of recording it.

A part of me wishes she would have allocated. There wouldn't even be any need for JM to argue lack of remorse after the type of allocation she would give.

JSS tells Jodi she may not testify in a sealed proceeding per Supreme Court.

Jodi says the ruling said her testimony cannot be sealed by JA says her allocation is not testimony.

I wish there was clarification. Is the jury present for this?

No. Anyway, JA essentially did her allocution several months back.

The evidence was not read in secret--it was presented on the screen in open court.

Oops - I misread the tweets on that - thought they said only the jury would be able to read them. Thanks for the correction.

I don't see why he can't directly quote from her Oct 30 testimony.

She had to let them put on a rebuttal case, and hearsay (e.g. affidavits and letters) is admissible in this phase. She would have offered JM a chance for surrebuttal since new information was coming out in rebuttal, but IMO he would have said "no, this is not important enough to delay the trial and risk losing more jurors."

BBM - Been too long - I don't recall what was in it. Wasn't that abbreviated testimony mostly pre-Travis?

So, folks....what are the odds JA changes her mind and puts on a remorse show tomorrow?

I'm going with still a no tomorrow. The only people she seems to hear are the loonies telling her she has a good appeal issue by refusing.

I am with you, she will not allocute. And she damn sure will not show remorse with everyone watching--<<<This, if nothing else, shows how truly Narcissistic she really is.

I guess she had a snafu with the t-shirt distributor that said "define survivor" instead of just survivor so she had no mitigation to give.

I bet she allocutes tomorrow. I bet she was just pushing to see how far the judge would let her go, I don't see her just letting it go as her last chance to talk and not doing it.

Can she though? The DT has rested. JSS gave her every opportunity before that. I can't see how she legally can just "change her mind" tonight?

Why oh WHY can't SOMONE bring up the fact the she certainly had no problem speaking in front of people before. Unending days on the stand and televised interviews. WHY can't this be brought up for the jury. Surely the panel of jurors did not live in some hole with a rock pulled over it for the past years and have seen this side of her.

Thanks!

So who cares that the Helio phone was found? Was does that help?

And for MM, is it just to say the computer crashed, they lost photos and a wedding was delayed? What does that prove? Did she claim TA was surfing child *advertiser censored* and that caused the crash?

I'm confused as to what in the world this was for? (other than delay of course)

The info about W1's wife to be and the photos is to contradict what the Bishop testified to as to when TA lived there and his boundaries about single females and males not being there at the same time.

It was also to bolster W1 claim TA lived there at the time the computer crashed (by *advertiser censored*)...

Wait, JSS is citing cases she was given over lunch - Ford 2014 AZ Supreme Court
State v Carrion
State v Kuhs

Says her prior ruling will stand

Uh. Didn't the DT psychs claim JA had low self-esteem? And would suffer in silence rather than assert herself?

Well little miss low self-esteem will be suffering in silence in solitary!!! Her DT can't bring this up as her reason for not allocuting.

BBM - Been too long - I don't recall what was in it. Wasn't that abbreviated testimony mostly pre-Travis?

Right at the beginning, she tried to express remorse with prompting from JW. Didn't work.

Can she though? The DT has rested. JSS gave her every opportunity before that. I can't see how she legally can just "change her mind" tonight?

Yes. She has the right to speak if she wishes. I bet the Judge gives her one more shot in the morning.

I wish there was clarification. Is the jury present for this?
Here are the tweets in order, Ziggy can probably expound on it as it happened:

Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 37m37 minutes ago
JSS says it simply can not be done sealed. Sizzle. #jodiarias

MC Superior Court &#8207;@courtpio · 34m34 minutes ago
Jury is coming back into courtroom #jodiarias

Troy Hayden &#8207;@troyhaydenfox10 · 35m35 minutes ago
#jodiarias made argument in chambers last year that she feels her life is in danger if she testifies in public. Said same argument applies.

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 34m34 minutes ago
Judge is bringing up the in chambers convo with Jodi and says these are the same reasons correct?
Jodi-Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 35m35 minutes ago
JSS tells jury to return to court tomorrow morning at 9:30am.

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper 47s48 seconds ago
I'm recording everything so you'll be able to see all of this after verdict. Too much going on. I'll type if out later. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper 2m2 minutes ago
I will have #JodiArias talking to the judge in it's entirety on #ObsessedTrialWatchers.

Is this legal? Can she tape record during the court proceedings??? I thought it was not allowed....

OH OH. I think that is a big no no. The 13th juror, Paul sanders almost caused an issue when they accused him of recording it, and he showed them his pages of shorthand. If she is a reporter, she must know that tape recorders are not allowed.

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 3m3 minutes ago
Lawyers have looked at final draft of jury instructions
Defense has some objections over wording #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
No other objections. State didn't have any. Judge is looking through the paperwork #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Asks lawyers to approach to go over verdict form #jodiarias #3tvarias

WTH does she need medication for? Why would JSS ask this? She is just setting this up for an appeal based on mental illness. Does JA have a jail psychiatrist who is dealing with her? Who would be prescribing meds?

I don't know about JA needing medication but after this trial I feel like I will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe