Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now looks like we're done.

All the ladies in blue at the DT table are chatting it up. Seem to be giving JA support.

This might be one of the final :gathering: of the :dramaqueen:'s !

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Try as I might, I really can't image what the DT is going to say in closing argument tomorrow. They can't argue snapped, they won't dare openly call Travis a pedophile, they can't talk about the murder itself.

What are they left with? That her mother hit her with a spoon, that a nameless fellow said he found adult *advertiser censored* on a computer, and that another nameless fellow called a Bishop a liar?

JW is providing ex parte notices that she wishes to have sealed. There are 3 - judge orders them sealed even though she has not seen them, does not know what they are. There will be other supplemented materials given related - and JSS will also seal those.

What does that mean? What is an ex parte notice, ziggy or AZLawyer???

These tweets (from her feed) are why I think she's "recording" (in whatever manner):

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper· Feb 20

Don't miss out on my latest #ObsessedTrialWatchers clips. Subscribe to my youtube channel. Thx! https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChopperrose … #JodiArias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper Feb 17

Want all the dirt on the latest #JodiArias drama. Check out my show #ObsessedTrialWatchers. Taking pre-orders now. http://chopperrose.com/obsessed_trial_watchers …

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper· Feb 15

Judge says testimony through Feb. 26 in #JodiArias case. Hoping for a verdict soon after so I can mail everyone's DVD http://chopperrose.com/obsessed_trial_watchers …

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper· Feb 14

Just FYI, I can't release #ObsessedTrialWatchers' DVD til after #JodiArias verdict because it has courtroom video. http://chopperrose.com/obsessed_trial_watchers …

Even if she had killed him in self defense, there would be a lot of sorrow and remorse there for taking a human life...

no kidding! I just recently lost a couch out of the back of my truck on the freeway and I cried for 2 days because I could have killed somebody. I didn't and Praise the Lord no one was hurt and no accidents but still I was very sad for what almost happened and how worse it "could" have been and this chick can't crank out a tear unless it's for herself. It truly shows how evil she is that she isn't even sorry that she killed him, or that he's dead, or that his family is suffering so, nothing!

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
That doesn't change anything apparently. #JodiArias won't allocute.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 59s59 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Judge asks to clarify #JodiArias -- you will not be subject to cross-examination. Does this change your decision? #JodiArias: No #abc15

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 56s56 seconds ago
#JodiArias is crying or wiped her eyes. Hard to tell.

martyrdom takes its toll..

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 8m8 minutes ago
I've never seen anything like this in my career. Did #JodiArias allow ego to override a chance to spare her life. My column posted soon.

^^^ The smelly looky goddess thinks she knows it all.

I'm not sure. I think it will depend on Juan Martinez' closing. But it will definitely not be life: hung or DP.

--

AzLawyer, can the DT just beg for mercy? As in, next to arguing mitigating factors? Can they say - even if you don't find mitigating factors - show her mercy?

Normally I'd agree. But with the defense they've mounted (jodi pushed) I think even Nurmi realized they were sealing her fate. No one wants to hear months and months of victim bashing. Those letters kind of solidified it for me. All the jury will be thinking is "why is it so important for them to prove these stories?" I don't think they care when Travis lived with the bishop, if he watched *advertiser censored*, if he talked to more than one woman at once. I believe they have to feel insulted at what they were presented in this mitigation phase. It was a bunch of hot air and blather. She barely even showed remorse.

I don't wish for anyone's death. I can not. I don't think even if she gets death she will be executed.. But I do think that her extracurricular activities will be limited and she won't be so fancy free. I just don't think she thinks she did anything wrong. I just have never ever seen remorse from her. When she had the chance to throw herself on the mercy of the jurors last time, She started talking about her plans for the future and her domestic abuse.
Gag.

I think someone like this will never get it, Never feel real remorse, never understand that it is not about them.

I think the verdict will be death.

Yep, I have to agree. Jurors being unceremoniously booted in the eleventh hour, JA testifying and then not, juror questions going unanswered, Geff and Fonseca trashing the victim, and then in the end refusing to allocute any personal responsibility or show remorse...all of this, and so much more, has IMO significantly increased her chances of getting the DP.

:seeya: Check back with you peeps tomorrow !

It's a little early, but here goes:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I have NO faith that the Jury will decide on the death penalty. Most likely - hung again ....
I'm disheartened by the entire Jury selection process in death penalty cases. Why would you ever allow someone to serve on a Jury who states they don't believe in judging others AT ALL ( C.Anthony case) or in this case, someone who only believes in the death penalty for serial killers? IMO you have to select people who feel that the death penalty is an appropriate sentence for this crime, if proven.

JW is providing ex parte notices that she wishes to have sealed. There are 3 - judge orders them sealed even though she has not seen them, does not know what they are. There will be other supplemented materials given related - and JSS will also seal those.

But are they ex parte if JM is right there?

It would be fun to have a poll asking for date we think jury's decision will be read in court. Lambie?

Normally I'd agree. But with the defense they've mounted (jodi pushed) I think even Nurmi realized they were sealing her fate. No one wants to hear months and months of victim bashing. Those letters kind of solidified it for me. All the jury will be thinking is "why is it so important for them to prove these stories?" I don't think they care when Travis lived with the bishop, if he watched *advertiser censored*, if he talked to more than one woman at once. I believe they have to feel insulted at what they were presented in this mitigation phase. It was a bunch of hot air and blather. She barely even showed remorse.

I think if they follow the instructions, as I have come to understand them these past couple of days.. They should vote for DP. If you measure the cruel way Travis died against the mitigating factors presented, then none measure up. Including the Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis. (And I've been overthinking the crap out of the BPD.)

Which is why I wonder, if the jurors can just "show mercy" even if the mitigating factors aren't sufficient. :thinking:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 32s33 seconds ago
Final instructions and closing arguments tomorrow at 9:30. #JodiArias

Oh please tell me there are time limits on closing arguments! I can envision the DT treating it as a filibuster.....

I'm not sure. I think it will depend on Juan Martinez' closing. But it will definitely not be life: hung or DP.

--

AzLawyer, can the DT just beg for mercy? As in, next to arguing mitigating factors? Can they say - even if you don't find mitigating factors - show her mercy?

Not exactly, but the jury instructions are very touchy-feely about each individual juror weighing the agg factor and the mitigating factors and coming up with his or her own personal decision. There is definitely a way to argue that instruction that sounds a lot like "look, just be merciful."

What does that mean? What is an ex parte notice, ziggy or AZLawyer???

In this context, it may mean that either Jodi or some non-party sent something directly to the judge (which would be improper). JSS is saying, "I'm not going to even read whatever this is. We'll just file it under seal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67