Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never believe she thinks he was a pedophile. He died because she was too arrogant to accept that he didn't want her around any more and insult to injury, he was taking another woman on the vacation she wanted.. He was NOT going to get away with that insult. His death means as much to her as swatting a fly...
Not to mention TA was finally beginning to see Jodi Arias's truly vindictive nature after she moved back to Yreka, and she didn't want TA telling his cohorts about all her stunts. She had to kill the messenger -- lest they all think she is the pathetic she turned out to be.

edted to add:

I'm not sure. I think it will depend on Juan Martinez' closing. But it will definitely not be life: hung or DP.

Right. There's no way the jury returns with a verdict of 12-0 for life. Mark my words.

I'm 400 posts behind! In case others haven't noted, Beth has her video up now for the day.

I have given a lot of thought to why Jodi's family aren't begging for her life. She believes they are too dumb to be believed by the jury! Jodi is so brilliant in her own mind and remember, she told her mom she should read more and go back to school and even told Travis her sister was dumb. She has always been ashamed of them and believes if they testify on her behalf, they would not be of any help or use to her. So I believe she told them under no circumstances were they allowed to beg for her life. She may live to regret this.

No no no you've got it all wrong. They are dying to testify on her behalf but their lives have been threatened by "the haters" if they do, so JA has begged them at the risk of her own life not to do so.

Or something.

Thanks!

So who cares that the Helio phone was found? Was does that help?

And for MM, is it just to say the computer crashed, they lost photos and a wedding was delayed? What does that prove? Did she claim TA was surfing child *advertiser censored* and that caused the crash?

I'm confused as to what in the world this was for? (other than delay of course)

I don't know why, but sometimes I think it's JA's way to send messages to us...the general public. This is just too silly to be part of any DT strategy.

That is very rare. Even serial killers have someone that saw some good in them at some time in their life and will testify in their behalf.

And it would be a factor for me that JA has no children either.

Sometimes they will not put a woman to death if she has children and if the children plead to the jury to please let her live.

That is what saved Marissa DeValt? from the DP but did not save Wendy Andriano from death even though she did have children. On that case Juan was so good it didn't matter if she did have children.

But here not one family member cares enough to testify and she has no child (thank goodness).

So its different this time than in most DP where the defendant is a female.

BBM

My friend and I keep saying this, the worst of the worst criminals manage to get someone to speak on their behalf.

I actually believe this decision was driven by the murderess. I think she insisted her family lie for her, and they couldn't do it. Whether that is b/c they feared Juan, or b/c they simply couldn't lie like she wanted, we'll never know. That was the issue IMO

I just hope we find out why those two jurors were let go. :banghead: it's bugging me.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

BBM

That is what she has told her followers. That she has forbid them because she is so protective of them. :rolleyes:

Sadly, I think JA is embarrassed by them....You know, they don't have her gifted mastery of knowledge and her "impressive" vocabulary to stand up and testify for the goddess.

What an interesting day. Great posts everyone.

Finding it hard to believe that this is the way it is going to end for the CMJA trial. Is it just me or does this
seem out of character for JA? Can't help thinking that the DA & JA have something up their sleeve for
tomorrow. Allocution maybe but can it be something else too?

Maybe I am just tired but a little worried that they are going to throw something horrible out there tomorrow
to cause more delay. Just don't know what it could be.

Is it possible for JA to allocate after Juan's closing argument ?

That is on her FB page. I cannot imagine why she has not made her page private.

Not wanting to delve too much into her sister's FB page, but it is out there for everyone to see, with 1,000s of selfies. Curious, though, since I know she's a mother and has been married (a few times?), why her "status" is, "It's Complicated," then adds the person (with a link) who happens to be a woman. ???

I thought spycraft's info about Juan giving encouraging looks to the family was interesting. I've noticed the pics of him post sidebar he seems to always be looking into gallery and smirking or has a slight smile. He is fighting really hard for them and to get this over with Asap. His rebuttal was such a sprint. They have got to be spent.

I'm also very curious about why they did not bring Fonseca back. Jen thinks they pay very close attention to SM and are aware of how poorly he came across. Fonseca also came across very poorly.

Also still think the defense realized, finally, they had a dud with this compter business after consulting with Dworkin and he confirmed all the state's findings. They had mentioned an intention to call him, which would have been tremendously stupid as it was seeing as he contradicted much of what Sue testified to, who made some pretty amateurish mistakes in his examination. He may also have found out things that Det. Smith missed that would have hurt them even more (I.e. What was put on those USBs in 2009).

What an interesting day. Great posts everyone.

Finding it hard to believe that this is the way it is going to end for the CMJA trial. Is it just me or does this
seem out of character for JA? Can't help thinking that the DA & JA have something up their sleeve for
tomorrow. Allocution maybe but can it be something else too?

Maybe I am just tired but a little worried that they are going to throw something horrible out there tomorrow
to cause more delay. Just don't know what it could be.

Is it possible for JA to allocate after Juan's closing argument ?

BBM. No, it's now or never. Then DT closing, Juan's closing, DT's closing, and it goes to the jury.[video=youtu;QkMVscR5YOo]http://youtu.be/QkMVscR5YOo[/video]

I was thinking - Jodi is so hardcore in her idealization of MDLR that when the pendulum inevitably swings the other way, the devaluation is going to be SO intense. Wildly intense.

Ok. If Jodi won't allocute, I'll cruise down the Snark Highway and write one for her. Oh please Cougarlicious... pass this along.

Ahem.... Ladies and Gentlemen. My fellow Americans. My homies. To the bus boys at the Purple Plum, what's up? To the gentle souls at Casa De Ramos, thanks for taking a chance on a demure Mormon lost girl like me. To my friend, you know who you are, I still love you even though you were unjustly bullied from speaking on my behalf. To Ryan Burns, I forgive you for being a *advertiser censored* for the state. Oh. Um sorry not sorry. So anyway, this why you- the jury- should not put me to death. Well let me tell you the mitigating factors my defense team and I have been working on. I didn't believe in myself. My brain would get scrambled and I would get cheated on constantly and used and abused. But I survived. You should save my life because I am a survivor. I survived. There are lots of great things I can do in prison. I can read books, teach Spanish, correct grammar, donate my hair, give makeup lessons, make my own charm school, start a recycling program, and train ponies for birthday parties. I am the smartest, most charming animal lover ever. My family totes loves me. Don't take me away from them. To lose a child before their time is so cruel. Can you imagine? As for Travis. Well, I regret having coffee with him in Vegas. I regret going to Mesa. What I should have done was hang on to Darryl Brewer. It's not like I'm getting married now, anyway. So I would like to say I'm sorry. Sorry that Travis hit me and was mean. Here's my art. Vote for Jodi! /sarcasm

I was thinking - Jodi is so hardcore in her idealization of MDLR that when the pendulum inevitably swings the other way, the devaluation is going to be SO intense. Wildly intense.

de-edifying and debasing, OOOh, I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop