Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 39 Morning Session

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DIDN'T THE JUDGE ask them how long they needed for closing? Usually they are given an allotted time. I hope Nurmi doesnt ramble on all damned day.

I personally would rather he ramble all day so Juan has the entire day tomorrow if he needs it instead of having his chopped up by afternoon break and the end of the day, oh and of course all Nurmi's objections. But that is just me. Because Nurmi gets another shot after Juan (which I hate but that's the law) so I hope Juan is not quick and lays everything out very carefully for this jury

My heart really goes out to the Alexander Family, having to listen to Nurmi. If it were me I would have been tossed out of the courtroom.

Basically, that she wouldn't be able to say what she wanted to, without fear of threats.

What she really means is she wouldn't be able to add more outlandish lies on top of the ones she has consistently told already.

She knew if she spoke in public the media and trial watchers would bust her out in a heartbeat on the lies she would tell.

She thought with just the jury present she could create an entirely different scenario of lies and they wouldn't be the wiser but she knew she couldn't say those lies in front of the public gallery and with the media listening as well.

My heart really goes out to the Alexander Family, having to listen to Nurmi. If it were me I would have been tossed out of the courtroom.

Me too. I would have to be restrained. They are very strong!!

JA/LKN/JW must think the jurors have short memories, are idiots, or both.

LKN has taken the entire morning to do nothing but throw conflicting lies against the wall in case some stick, either to each other or separately.

Some jurors are lacking in vital areas. I hope the ones sitting on this jury at least have common sense. I will be OK with either verdict as long as it is arrived at for the right reasons.

---------------
Hi , Nurmi better hope no one on jury likes to watch *advertiser censored*. :slapfight: :seeya:

Agreed :) But even if a juror doesn't "like" watching *advertiser censored*, it just seems like out of 100 (or maybe 12...) people more would relate to watching *advertiser censored* than would relate to falling asleep in someone's house while they are on a date, writing 18 page letters to the family of their murdered victim.... I could go on and on.

Today's Courtroom Photos:

Mark Henle @HenleMark · 10m 10 minutes ago

#JodiArias lsitens to final arguments during the sentencing phase of her retrial Tuesday morning.
B-oe0zqVIAAXKGx.jpg:large

Judge Sherry Stephens reads instructions to the jury during the #JodiArias sentencing phase of the retrial Tuesday.
B-oe_CoUUAApN2r.jpg:large

A photo of #JodiArias and her former boyfriend, Travis Alexander on a computer screen during final arguments Tuesday.
B-ofLa6UAAAUI7w.jpg:large

Mark Henle @HenleMark · 9m 9 minutes ago

Attorney Kirk Nurmi presents his final arguments during the sentencing phase of the #JodiArias retrial.
B-ofYalUIAAlLXy.jpg:large

Agreed :) But even if a juror doesn't "like" watching *advertiser censored*, it just seems like out of 100 (or maybe 12...) people more would relate to watching *advertiser censored* than would relate to falling asleep in someone's house while they are on a date, writing 18 pages letters to the family of their murdered victim.... I could go on and on.

and it will never be enough of a "reason" for Travis to be murdered, in the especially cruel way that he was and three times over to boot. There is NO mitigator that can trump what she did IMO.

Thanks for all the tweets today. Since Nurmi was up first, I slept in. :facepalm: Can't wait for Juan to destroy this nonsense. You can't believe one part of DM's diagnosis and ignore the other. Continuing to bash and outright blame Travis for JA murdering him 30 plus times, will only hurt the defense. Stupid move. How stupid does KN think the jurors are in saying there was no DV with Bobby? Pretty insulting to the jurors when the defense kept saying there was.

Oh, and did anyone see where Donovan was when the lights went out. I think it was the defense. Nurmi kept saying about the "switch" going off. Wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't for "show." Stupid move if it was, since others will think it was Travis.

A few things, I think bad move for KN to trash Travis and blame him. I believe and hope that backfires on the DT.
Also I don't wish abuse on anyone but I hope one juror has had domestic violence because as a victim I can tell you JA never dealt with abuse from TA.
All JMO

Some jurors are lacking in vital areas. I hope the ones sitting on this jury at least have common sense. I will be OK with either verdict as long as it is arrived at for the right reasons.

I will be OK with death by lethal injection.

All the right reasons are present to the open-eyed juror.

JA's goose is cooked if the jurors walk into that deliberation thinking she made up the physical abuse and pedophilia lie to get back at TA and to hurt his family. So I don't see WHY Nurmi is even mentioning it so much. His best bet would be remorse of course, and hammering down on the "emotional abuse" by the hands of TA "who gutted women (Hughes e-mail)".

I just hope the jurors understand the difference between prosecuting with integrity and defending with impunity. If they know that, everything will be clear.

JA's goose is cooked if the jurors walk into that deliberation thinking she made up the physical abuse and pedophilia lie to get back at TA and to hurt his family. So I don't see WHY Nurmi is even mentioning it so much. His best bet would be remorse of course, and hammering down on the "emotional abuse" by the hands of TA "who gutted women (Hughes e-mail)".
Let's not give him any ideas, in case Maria is reading here...

and it will never be enough of a "reason" for Travis to be murdered, in the especially cruel way that he was and three times over to boot. There is NO mitigator that can trump what she did IMO.

BBM Oh absolutely. I didn't mean to imply a balance between the two, just saying that I don't believe the general public views *advertiser censored* as harshly as the DT would like them to. And then to point to DeMarte, a young, intelligent professional, as "archaic", is....it's just a mess. The entire closing argument today has been a mess for the DT IMHO.

Today's Courtroom Photos:

#JodiArias lsitens to final arguments during the sentencing phase of her retrial Tuesday morning.
B-oe0zqVIAAXKGx.jpg:large

She actually looks somewhat distressed.....but of course its b/c the voice in her head is screaming....

It's about me, me, me, me!!!!!

Let's not give him any ideas, in case Maria is reading here...

Don't even worry about it LinaSK. They've been reading here the whole trial and never came to their senses lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett