Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the jury realizes that if they don't vote for DP, there is a chance that JA could be out of prison when she's in her 50s. Plenty of time left for her to kill again, and again, and again... Scary thought :eek:

It's strange to mourn the loss of a person some 7+ years after the murder. I keep going back to June 4, 2008. Poor Travis did not know that stepping inside that shower stall would seal his fate so cruelly. Gone too soon, gone much too soon. Poor Travis. I'm sending his family lots of prayers and good vibes today. They are not alone. Thousands stand in support of them. Justice for Travis. Finally.

This thread is for court discussions only. Chit chat should be moved over to the Sidebar. Once court gets started this thread will fill up fast so let's not fill it up with discussions that can go over onto other threads. Thanks, Lambchop

Good Morning WS friends. I dug out my Justice for Travis blue ribbon avatar.

During the first trial's verdict watch, many of us here used the Travis blue ribbon avatar in solidarity during verdict watch. It was moving and inspiring to see the sea of blue ribbons on our thread.

I hope the jury realizes that if they don't vote for DP, there is a chance that JA could be out of prison when she's in her 50s. Plenty of time left for her to kill again, and again, and again...

Scary thought :eek:

:loveyou: Hi Bette, Nice to see ya here !

BBM: I wish the jury would be given the laws/statutes on this -- but IIRC from last go round, this is not included in the Jury Instructions the jury will receive today.

Of course, I could be wrong :) and hopefully, AZLawyer will correct me !

G'morning Folks! :seeya:

Juan is the best!❤️ Even with this trial by tweet I was able to see/feel his unwavering quest for justice, I thought he was great as always, kudos!

Hope this goes to the jury today, looking forward to a unanimous verdict soon!

I'll have to get a bottle of bubbly chilling for the impending celebration that the trial is finally over and, hopefully, the jury votes for DP.

Does anyone think that JSS will stall the deliberations in order to set up the live broadcast of the verdict? I just have a feeling.

I sure hope not after everything and the time that this jury has already served. Let them get to it and start deliberating asap! Plus the media is already there, ready to pounce therefore; there will be no reason to stall.

http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/arias-transcript.pdf : JA's secret testimony transcript

Around p. 15 or so, JA describes her early years living in Salinas until 1 mo. shy of age 12. This is what we didn't hear but this jury did about JA's so-called abuse growing up. At least 1 juror knows JA wasn't abused as a child imo, based on JA's self-serving testimony alone. They heard from JA that she has a half-sister 5 yrs. older, a brother 2 yrs. younger, a sister 11 yrs. younger, and a brother 13 yrs. younger. And none of them testified for JA at trial, much less in support of her childhood abuse claim.

ETA: And JA also has two living grandmothers, her two parents, and her Aunt Sue ... yet none appeared on JA's behalf to vouch for her value to this jury.

Thought I would bring my post over from the resentencing thread earlier today, as it closed right after. Will be praying for the Alexander's.
Good morning! :loser:. I am up and ready to send that email. <mod snip>

First thing today I want to say to everyone that Juan Martinez did a brilliant job standing up for Travis. Travis had no one else. Neither his family nor any one of us could debate in that courtroom with the awful defense team. Juan had it mastered. If she gets LWOP that is on the jury and the muddled information they were given, and the chopped up courtroom days offered by the judge and defense.

Second, Sky Hughes was no friend to Travis, and no friend to his family. She used this whole nightmare to write a book with her husband, do TV interviews and profit from the book. Nowhere has she said the book proceeds in total will go to charity, only a portion. Because of their emails, neither she nor her husband could stand up for Travis in a court of law without being skewed by the defense, therefore making Travis look bad. That is ALL on her. May she live with that every day of her life.

Finally, it is over. It's done. Thank God! I am not much of a sleuther. I am just a curious reader with an opinion. I have grown to care very much about everyone on this board and will miss you all. Spring is coming! I want to be outside, enjoying my freedom (which Jodi will never have), planting and eating the veggies from my garden (which she will never enjoy), shopping with friends and stopping by Starbucks or sharing Cinnabons (which she can never partake of), laughing and watching my grandchildren live and love and play (which she will never know one thing about), spending time with my dear husband and cherishing him, our family and my friends ( which Jodi will never have), and worshipping my Lord God and Creator (Whom Jodi does not know, never knew, and never really wanted to know).

Jodi will no longer have us captivated. If she gets the much deserved DP, she will be alone for the remainder of her days in isolation. Couldn't happen to a nicer person, right? And if she gets LWOP, good luck in finding a friend there. She will die alone. Her parents will likely die first and she won't be allowed to attend their funeral. Of course, no need to attend the funeral of those who abused you right? Except she will have the memories of how good they were and how they spoiled her and stood by her. She will, at some point, face God for what she has done, with no remorse and no repentance.

If you have faith as I do, even as again of mustard seed, think of Travis for a moment. He suffered terribly on this earth, as a child and then in his final hours. His last seconds must have felt like years and yet he must have cried out to God. And I believe the Lord wrapped His arms around him and took him home. I believe he is with friends and family he likely never even knew were awaiting him. He is happy, never to be sad again, never to be in pain, and never to grow old. All of the anguish we feel, he can only feel happiness. I do not know why Travis had to die the death he did, nor do I understand why my Lord was crucified, but I am sure of this. The Lord still reigns. Travis is still alive, just in another dimension. His family knows this. They will see him again one day.​

I think so... though I'm kinda hoping she tries to make a break for it first. :D

Anyone know if this was just an idle threat from the other day?
View attachment 70045

That would be fun to watch.... she is strapped with those leg zappers. teeheeheee I would love to see her try and make a run for it. Bzzzzt Bzzzt Bzzzzzzt

Now that <modsnip>nurmi did his first closing and considering he spewed the same thing over and over during the trial, what can he possibly have to say now that would take all that long?

Will JA offer a last minute allocution? She might be on a high from JM's "epic failure closing" (eye roll) and decide it's not needed. Too bad.

Morning Tweets:

Jeffrey Evan Gold &#8207;@jeffgoldesq · 1h1 hour ago

#JodiArias closings in her death penalty retrial continue this morning at 9:30amAZT
(11:30amET) I'll be there live tweeting it too.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter · 34m34 minutes ago

Nurmi will be back up this morning for final closing (Juan is finished) then we're on verdict watch!
I'll be in the courtroom for 930 start

Irrelevant

Yes Jodi has become irrelevant. I did not get online here Monday because last week I heard Nurmi was going to be up a few more days and then Juan and then Nurmi....etc. So imagine how shocked I was yesterday on a NEWS website that I read closing arguments in the Jodi Arias Trial. This story was down the page after scrolling four or five times. It was not headline news and was not even in the top stories.

She is old news and everyone is tired of hearing about the trial. Sure the news will be on it during verdict watch but whether she gets LWOP or death she is no longer the center of the universe. Publicity is what she craves and she has become irrelevant before the jury even deliberates.

This makes me extremely happy. :happydance:

@TrialDiariesJ: More closings arguments today in the #jodiarias trial. It all begins at 9:30am MST. See you there

I'm thinking JW will do the closing today, good news is she talks faster...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About JM's closing, that list of mitigators, and jury deliberations:

JM's closing. Looking at the list-- what didn't JM effectively rebut? Nothing. He even destroyed the meaningfulness of her factual mitigators.

Jury deliberations. By instruction the jury is supposed to go down the list, determine if the DT has proven each by a fairly low standard standard of proof, and then decide, individually, which if any are actually mitigating enough to warrant showing her mercy given the aggravator.

In reality, as AZL says, the jury may well draw up their own list of factors for showing her mercy (LWOP) versus showing her no mercy (the DP).

Theoretically, what might that list look like?

?'s/points for mercy: She may have been abused as a child, Travis may have been mean to her by having sex with her at the same time he was sexting other women, Travis seems to have been not the good Mormon his friends thought he was, Travis had some *advertiser censored* on his computer but it was adult *advertiser censored*, why didn't Travis make her go away if he was really scared by her, why did she kill Travis and not one of her earlier BF's, her BPD-- that make her mentally ill, right?

No mercy: Why didn't she say more about feeling remorse? Were they trying to tell us he was a pedophile?? What does that say?? What in the world was all that computer *advertiser censored* business about? They both seemed to be into sex- why are they blaming just Travis for that? Did that expert guy really say all Mormons lie about sex? Did they really call the Bishop a liar? And make him talk about sex? Why didn't witness 1 guy come to court? That was really awful when they called his ex-girlfriend Deanna a liar and embarrassed her. What JA did after the murder was disgusting. That letter to his family! Sending his grandmother flowers! And how she killed him-- a gun AND a knife?

I honestly don't care if she gets the DP or LWOP. It makes no difference to me. I am typically not in favor of the DP but in this case, I certainly am. However, the way I see it is she's dying in prison no matter what her exact sentence will be. Will she feel like there was a slight victory if she doesn't get the DP? Sure, but get her into her prison hole with the cameras off and no opportunity for the limelight again, knowing there's no possibility to get out ever again, and she's going to be miserable. Whatever happens with this verdict gives her no room to see the light ever again. She's rotting in prison for the rest of her life, period. The verdict either way will allow that. I love this fact.

I predict we'll get a verdict sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez