Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so much to do but am unable to step away from the computer. I have this overwhelming feeling of I don't know what now that we are in the home stretch. My heart is with Travis' family and the prosecution team today.

AZL question ... IF Jodi decided to allocute now, would she be allowed? Would JM be given another mini-closing if she did?

Hi, I feel like I am treading thin ice! I am wondering if nurmi will try to put out another fast one. I just don't trust him at all
Amonth or so ago I watched "Lockup" on msnbc They said after a person is sentenced they remain at Estrella for a week or two
(don't remember) to tie up loose ends. I don't know if this applies to murderers. I hope we see her mount the Big Bus!!
--------------
I lit one also..:grouphug:

Beautiful post Curious!

On another note, my random thought for the day ;

Last night there was discussion regarding when Nurmi did or didn't object during Juan's closing, and I too believe his lack of objection during regarding certain points was interesting,.

One objection that made absolutely made no sense to me was when Juan put up the pic of Jodi and bobby. I thought today maybe it was b/c used the I cropped version????

LOLA...random thoughts....rando, thoughts!

Oh, one more thought, LOL

My Central Texas community came through yesterday with their guilty verdict in Chris Kyle's trial.

Did you hear that his wife walked out of the Defense's closing statements yesterday, just like the Alexander family did yesterday.

***Praying for a 2 hour deliberation, just like in Chris' trial ****

I'm kinda not hoping for a quick verdict. I'm hoping that it gets made quickly by the jurors, but that they take their time to settle into it. A fast verdict announcement might just send up a red flag, suggest the jurors took their job lightly, create a lot of second-guessing, both by the public and in the appeals process.

What Skye doesn't realize (and perhaps the family doesn't either) is that no one can control what a jury decides to do or even if they can make a unanimous determination. The best closing in the world doesn't guarantee anything, nor does a mediocre or sub-par closing. Closing arguments are not testimony, so if the jury does their job, they will need to follow the rules and instructions given them by the judge.

Obtaining a DP sentence is not easy, is not a slam dunk, and 12 reasonable people could come to a different conclusion than what everyone else wants. That's why I've always said that getting the guilty verdict for 1st degree murder was the most important piece to all of this. That piece alone was "justice served" because it ensures the killer will be kept away from free society. Anything beyond that is "icing on the cake."

If a DP is reached by the jury, people will say Juan's closing was great!
If a DP is not reached by the jury, people might say Juan's closing was bad.

It's all about feelings of the person doing the critique, based on what they want.

Juan's closing reminded the jurors of the basic issues before them, but ultimately it's not up to Juan to decide.

I hope the family is fully prepared for any outcome, as trying to predict a jury is like trying to determine the future by looking at cloud formations.

Irrelevant

Yes Jodi has become irrelevant. I did not get online here Monday because last week I heard Nurmi was going to be up a few more days and then Juan and then Nurmi....etc. So imagine how shocked I was yesterday on a NEWS website that I read closing arguments in the Jodi Arias Trial. This story was down the page after scrolling four or five times. It was not headline news and was not even in the top stories.

She is old news and everyone is tired of hearing about the trial. Sure the news will be on it during verdict watch but whether she gets LWOP or death she is no longer the center of the universe. Publicity is what she craves and she has become irrelevant before the jury even deliberates.

This makes me extremely happy. :happydance:

I believe remaining interest in this case is less about her, but rather in TA and his family getting justice for his brutal murder. So many people can relate to what happened with TA in terms of his being naive to this monster who stalked him and made his life a hell. That behavior happens every.single.day, but 99.9999999% of the dumped stalkers don't murder (fyi, that's my guesstimate stat for effect-- not based on a study :)).

The judge told the jurors to return tomorrow(today now) at 9:30, so we can hope for sometime around then...

9am in AZ now. :juanettes:

Why should this jury spare JAs life? Hmmm. I can't think of one reason.

OMG ... did y'all see the yesterday's Tweet from JA ?

:gaah:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 19h 19 hours ago

TA's family orchestrated a walkout in the middle of Nurmi's closing.
Obviously, manipulation runs in the family. #JodiArias

What a :silenced:

I so hope and pray this jury gets it right! This is long overdue and I'm glad we will soon be on verdict watch! I haven't been able to follow as closely this time around but I've checked in here and there.
Juan Martinez is an amazing prosecutor and a great voice for Travis Alexander, no matter the verdict my opinion will not change of him.

disagree. she will see the light of day. they get plenty of rec time, relationships. She'll get to socialize and spin her web and she will love it. She will do interviews galore, because, well, she's FAMOUS, dontcha know, lol. Even serial killers got TV time. Oh, she is gonna have a blast and she is a chameleon so she will adapt quickly. Dollars to donuts she will LOVE it! Might even get her a prison guard!

(my humble opinion of course)

I honestly don't care if she gets the DP or LWOP. It makes no difference to me. I am typically not in favor of the DP but in this case, I certainly am. However, the way I see it is she's dying in prison no matter what her exact sentence will be. Will she feel like there was a slight victory if she doesn't get the DP? Sure, but get her into her prison hole with the cameras off and no opportunity for the limelight again, knowing there's no possibility to get out ever again, and she's going to be miserable. Whatever happens with this verdict gives her no room to see the light ever again. She's rotting in prison for the rest of her life, period. The verdict either way will allow that. I love this fact.

I predict we'll get a verdict sooner rather than later.

I hope the jury realizes that if they don't vote for DP, there is a chance that JA could be out of prison when she's in her 50s. Plenty of time left for her to kill again, and again, and again... Scary thought :eek:

I don't believe this is correct. Even if JSS sentences her to LWP, (as I understand it) Arizona currently has no parole. There is a possibility they may reinstate this in the future but even then she may not be eligible for parole. I don't think we need to be worried about JA getting out in the future!

I don't have a link but I think AZLawyer explained it this way once.

I am so sorry about your mom! I know how that is. (Mine was 60). [emoji20] Your momma I'm sure is up there giving Travis what his family wishes they could still give him. Hugs and kisses!

Thank you so much. And my sincere condolences on the loss of your Mom, 60 is so very young :grouphug:

Oddly enough, Samantha said basically the same thing to me, that my Mom was up there with Travis watching over him for now. I'm sure your Mom is right there too :heartbeat:
We, as humans, have compassion for others, something CMJA is severely lacking.
Praying the jury gives the Alexanders what they want.

I honestly don't care if she gets the DP or LWOP. It makes no difference to me. I am typically not in favor of the DP but in this case, I certainly am. However, the way I see it is she's dying in prison no matter what her exact sentence will be. Will she feel like there was a slight victory if she doesn't get the DP? Sure, but get her into her prison hole with the cameras off and no opportunity for the limelight again, knowing there's no possibility to get out ever again, and she's going to be miserable. Whatever happens with this verdict gives her no room to see the light ever again. She's rotting in prison for the rest of her life, period. The verdict either way will allow that. I love this fact.

I predict we'll get a verdict sooner rather than later.

The one thing that really matters. Jodi has already been convicted of first degree murder with cruelty. I don't think she understands that just yet but give her a few more days. She will get the idea.

is it. WTH? What time zone am I on? I thought it was 8! Is it too early to order pizza in Texas?

9am in AZ now. :juanettes:

Why should this jury spare JAs life? Hmmm. I can't think of one reason.

I so hope and pray this jury gets it right! This is long overdue and I'm glad we will soon be on verdict watch! I haven't been able to follow as closely this time around but I've checked in here and there.
Juan Martinez is an amazing prosecutor and a great voice for Travis Alexander, no matter the verdict my opinion will not change of him.

Agree Amber!

disagree. she will see the light of day. they get plenty of rec time, relationships. She'll get to socialize and spin her web and she will love it. She will do interviews galore, because, well, she's FAMOUS, dontcha know, lol. Even serial killers got TV time. Oh, she is gonna have a blast and she is a chameleon so she will adapt quickly. Dollars to donuts he will LOVE it!

Maybe the first five years Radarluv. Bet it gets old after 10, 20, 30, 40 years!

:seeya: Good Morning All,
Praying the next thread I see here is verdict watch.I feel so confident the jury will make the right decision this time. God bless Juan & the Alexander family.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 53s53 seconds ago

In the courtroom finally. Willmott is here in a rust colored suit.
She is up at the evidence table chillin' #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 4s4 seconds ago

Might this be the last time I am in this courtroom?
Will Judge Stephens miss me? #JodiArias

-----Sounds like the ORIGINAL WAT is there today ... Oh, I hope so !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak