Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex. 739 - state says Dr. F was willing to lie about basing her opinion on the scam email. The dad came in and said it was spam.

Dr. Dr. F say it was something she relied on? No, she said it was a piece of the puzzle. ANd it's true the Dad came in and raised his hand and asked if his daughter had an email account - his 9 yo - and he said not, that is what was strange - it came to me to my email. Is that your daughter's name? yes - well how did TA know your daughter's name. It's a piece of the puzzle - it's a piece of the puzzle.

BBM

It's a piece of something alright, you lying so-and-so!

Last chance to plead for mercy but they trash the victim? Disgusting thugs.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
KN-State says she killed TA now kill her #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 30s 31 seconds ago
KN- Jodi up until this point lived a life that doesn't deserve to be taken away now...#jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · now 15 seconds ago
Nurmi says it's your duty to look at all of the circumstances despite the conviction.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 29s 29 seconds ago
#JodiArias Nurmi says your duty is to look at the circ around murder despite murder

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
"#JodiArias up until this point in time lived a life that is deserving of not having it taken now." -- Nurmi

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi: the fact that she's been convicted is unrelated to mitigating circumstances.#JodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
I want to know what this jury is thinking! Please oh please do interviews. #jodiarias

Nurmi - #jodiarias Up until "this point" lived a life that doesn't deserve to be taken away

The state says she's doing all these things to exaggerate the state of affairs - but you can go back to exhibit 428 - a tape that was created a few days after that and you can listen to the language that is similar that TA says - you can hear it - he says tie you to a tree and put it in your *advertiser censored* - that's what he says.

It was HER fantasy, or pretend fantasy. I do not believe she actually enjoyed sex. Too inhuman to enjoy such a thing. I believe it was her fantasy because later when Travis was angry with JA about posting some comment on some other man's Myspace, IIRC, he told her, "Why don't you get "so and so" to tie you to a tree and f*@k you?" That to me implies that JA introduced this rather bizarre fantasy. Then she was able to record him talking about it, probably in an effort to satisfy her, and then twisted it around. So calculated. So evil.

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 58s 58 seconds ago
Nurmi points out that phase 1 and 2 are unrelated to this phase, sheds more light on why Juan didn't go there yesterday #JodiArias

Nurmi's on to what Martinez said about itigatinng factors. Has the list up on the big screen. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 7s 7 seconds ago
KN- Don't be distracted about what the task is before you #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi puts the list of mitigating factors onscreen and starts going through them from the angle that Martinez denied them. #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · now 15 seconds ago
#JodiArias Nurmi goes back to chart of 9 mitigating factors to rebut Juan's closing.

you must remember what the task before you is.

The state yesterday tried to say none of these factors mean anything right?...

But look at #1: JA has no prior criminal history. The assumption from state was that is a minimum requirement in a functioning society.

As it relates to JA - she did live a law abiding life - she worked hard and diligently since she was 13 and helped support herself and sometimes her boyfriend, and all this while she is mentally ill.

It may be the min. requirement in one, sense, but doesn't mean it's not mitigating.

The fact that she was able to do it up to this point in her life when she was 27 is mitigating.

"#JodiArias up until this point in time lived a life that is deserving of not having it taken now." -- Nurmi

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi: the fact that she's been convicted is unrelated to mitigating circumstances.#JodiArias

I want to know what this jury is thinking! Please oh please do interviews. #jodiarias

Nurmi - #jodiarias Up until "this point" lived a life that doesn't deserve to be taken away

BBM And so did Travis.

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 1m 1 minute ago
Mitigating factors are not an excuse but for mercy.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 26s 27 seconds ago
#JodiArias Juan ended its jury duty to render a verdict of death. Nurmi says its their duty to eval mitigation.

BBM The ONLY truthful thing he has said all day.

He hasn't found a way to manufacture even the appearance of a scintilla of remorse!

That's her best shot, and the killer gave him absolutely nothing to work with.

Nurmi - Mit fact #1 no criminal history. She worked hard even though she's mentally ill. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi: "There is no duty to kill Ms. Arias." He says Martinez diminished mitigation.

I think he means 'demolished mitigation'.

This is revolting - going for a smoke.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2 · 11s 12 seconds ago

Nurmi continues to go over the mitigating factorials.
A few jurors taking notes now. #JodiArias

onto the age factor:

But again we have state distraction, she was 27 and should have known better. That's not what the law says - it says you have to look at this entire person, her life, from her birth to the day she sits here. The law says your duty again, is not to kill JA , but to consider all these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem