Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know what time court is supposed to start tomorrow?

I've always got the impression that the Arias clan like stirring the pot on purpose to get a rise out of trial watchers.

Yep. I think the best thing we can do is to ignore them. These supporters can keep squawking and cackling all they want. Arias is off to prison soon and nothing they do can stop her from paying the price for murdering an innocent man.

{snipped for space} in this DP case I believe JSS is doing all she can to see that if JA does get the DP that there is nothing anyone can do, now or in 20 years, that will reverse it. I think this explains her extreme actions in giving the defense most of whatever they ask for.

I feel very confident that's the reason she's doing what she's doing. It's unfortunate that even when this is pointed out by legal folks, there is still disbelief. I guess it's hard for some folks to look past the next several days, let alone think long term legal strategy. The judge nor the DA nor the family want any appellate issues or do-overs in the future. Giving in now takes the wind out of that sail for the future.

In response to Aunt Sue who apparently holds it against the Alexander's for not apologizing for all Travis put Jodi through...Let's see what that might be:

Travis took her to many states and famous landmarks. The book "365 things to see before you die" was their guide. He gave her a job. He introduced her to the Mormon faith. He would loan her his car. But when he knew it was the last straw, he called it off. She moved to Yreka. And from Travis' front entrance, standing outdoors, Travis gave her the double bird fingers when she pulled away for the trip back to Yreka. It was at this point, imo, that her plan of revenge began to form.

He had no idea he would not be going to Cancun.

CMJA was dirt azz poor thus could not contribute financially to the partnership.
CMJA cleaned his home to keep one foot in the door.
CMJA stalked Travis's girlfriends.
CMJA tore up his BMW by towing it in gear. That also bought her some more time [2 days] at TA's.
CMJA slashed his tires. Twice.
CMJA hovered over him like a virus.
CMJA had no money when she met Travis at the convention and soon quit paying her bills.
CMJA annoyed any female Travis was friendly with.
CMJA had a stare down with Mrs. Chris Hughes when she arrived at her home unsolicited.
CMJA acted oddly around the Hughes. They asked TA not to bring her around anymore.
CMJA was not going to Cancun.
CMJA owed him for the BMW that was broken down.
CMJA brutally and with evil regard murdered Travis Alexander.
CMJA lied. And lied. And when she didn't have to lie, she'd lie.
CMJA sent TA's grandmother flowers with a 3 page prose.
CMJA attended the memorial service.
CMJA purchased a gun. Hid a knife in her vehicle.

moo and all that jazz

anyone know what time court is supposed to start tomorrow?

It's going to go on with its regular schedule—only the courtroom will be sealed. It will be sealed until the Court of Appeals orders it to be opened again. Which may happen Monday, or some unknown date in the future, or never.

Beth Karas said she'd be sitting outside the courtroom every day. I'm sure there will be other reporters and members of the public there as well. Only they will be speculating like crazy and so will we.

Yep. I think the best thing we can do is to ignore them. These supporters can keep squawking and cackling all they want. Arias is off to prison soon and nothing they do can stop her from paying the price for murdering an innocent man.

Here's some fun reading:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

"The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

These trolls are some truly difficult people.
It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. "

She also made the mistake of referring to herself as a "keynote speaker" when her actual role was not exactly what most people would associate with that term.

There may at times be only a subtle difference between optimizing your cv and padding it, but it can cause a lot of trouble and embarrassment -- and professional destruction -- if you step over the line. Especially if Juan Martinez is the person making it public.

ALV also answered a juror question about testifying for a man in court. Nope she never did. LIE/perjury.

Okay. MAye I'm over analyzing. I do think Jodi was on the stand at some point but maybe it was only to lay foundation for whoever the real mystery witness is. It kinda makes sense for that to be the case

Okay. MAye I'm over analyzing. I do think Jodi was on the stand at some point but maybe it was only to lay foundation for whoever the real mystery witness is. It kinda makes sense for that to be the case

I think so too, Molly. AZlawyer has pointed out more than once that a defendant (even a convicted murderer) cannot by law simply testify in private because she's afraid of a reaction from the public. The only exception I can think of (and I hope AZlawyer will correct me if I'm wrong) would be some kind of testimony that is so horrific to a member of the public--including her family--that it somehow required private testimony.

I think your analysis is good. Nurmi's argument about not being able to re-schedule the secret witness doesn't make sense unless this is true. Arias has the rest of her life.

View attachment 62600

Looks like Auntie Sue is expecting an apology from the Alexander's. :what:

Dear Arias Family,

Please accept our sincere apology for the cruel and persistent abuse (physical, psychological, and sexual)) Travis put Jodi through; by sharing with her his thoughts and philosophies about living a truly good, useful, and spiritually rewarding life, and as part of that, introducing her to the religion he felt had helped save his life; by introducing her to dear friends who were, at least initially, willing and eager to accept her with open arms; by continuing to give her the benefit of doubt long after she in any way deserved it; by accompanying her on the road trips she so enjoyed; by helping her start what might have been a profitable business for her (or which could at the very least have given her the opportunity to expand her social circle); by refraining from reporting her various acts of stalking behavior, vandalism, manipulation, and intimidation (of him as well as his friends); by encouraging her, flattering her, loving her; by trying to help her feel good about herself (in the complete absence of any such efforts on the part of, well, you guys, her "family"); by by offering her the warmth and security of his embrace as well as his bed; by helping her financially by paying her to do housework and (after that mean ol' bank repossessed her Infinity -- which, by the way, she had no business driving and should never been sold to her in the first place, given her perpetually precarious financial situation); by attempting to sell her his safe and reliable car on extremely easy terms (and even trying to work out a fair arrangement after she and she alone destroyed the car before she was anywhere close to paying it off); and, last but by no means least (considering her track record), by modeling for her the basics of responsible dog care.

(PS: Aunt Sue -- I'd be happy to help you with orthography and syntax, should you ever desire to improve your writing skills. We could also go over some simple online research skills, should you ever decide to make your writing more fact-based.

I may not be the absolute best person to prepare you for beginning-level classes in ethics, decency, compassion, honesty, and/or altruism, but I'm willing to give it a go if you are. Once you have acquired a general familiarity with these concepts, you might, with some effort, be able to integrate yourself gradually into life in a civilized society.

As the first member of your family to make this arduous journey, you'll be able to forge a path for them to follow you into this terra incognita.

Or then again maybe not. Some people just don't belong in a civilized society.

Yeah, if this goes on for days or weeks then we know for certain it is JA.

She is the only one that can tell lies for that long.

IMO

ALV was on the stand almost as long as Jodi. Need I say more.

It seems to me there is a possibility we will NEVER KNOW the reason for "sequestering the public" or who it was! The court doesn't have to tell, now or ever.

There is audio and video and the Superior Court is going to review and should be available to the public after the verdict.

JA is not petite. She is about average height and weight for a female her age. I say this not to be picky but because sometimes people think she is tiny and that Travis was huge, which is just not the case.

Thanks, krkrjx; I think I have pointed this out more than once. JA is a very average woman in terms of size and was not that much shorter than Travis--two inches? In photos where they are placed standing together (in hiking attire on dirt), they look as if they're almost the same height.

AZlawyer has pointed out more than once that a defendant (even a convicted murderer) cannot by law simply testify in private because she's afraid of a reaction from the public. The only exception I can think of (and I hope AZlawyer will correct me if I'm wrong) would be some kind of testimony that is so horrific to a member of the public--including her family--that it somehow required private testimony.

The media blackout is puzzling, to say the least. Since the Local/On Scene Press seems to believe the witness was JA: What could have compelled the Judge to keep her testimony under wraps? (In advance, my apologies for not quoting the many comments within this thread that attempt to tackle this very question.)

My theory? JA is spewing dirt on her parents. It’s obvious KN is going for family abuse … It’s now one of the mitigating factors, even though – during her post-conviction interview (w/ Troy Hayden) – JA said she didn’t HAVE mitigating factors because her mother didn’t beat her hard enough (or words to that effect). Her folks have a business/restaurant in the small town/city of Yreka. The argument could be made that JA’s testimony would unduly affect her parent’s ability to make a living; invite ‘death threats’ … could it not? Not sure if protecting her parents is reason enough, but … ?

I also believe that IF the witness was JA, KN vehemently advised against it. 1) I doubt he has a witness who can, without prejudice, claim JA was abused; and, 2) IMO, he knows his witness is a liar. But given JA’s own “genius” legal game, the DT feels compelled to make motions covering JA’s *advertiser censored*. That’s the DT’s job.

If the witness WAS JA, I could see her requesting her time in the witness box immediately AFTER the Alexander’s gave their VIS. Just more of her, “I’m a victim, TOOOOooooo.”

Prosecutor JM has shown 1) JA lies to cover her butt; 2) JA felt no remorse post-murder; 3) JA lies under oath. IMO, that last factor is the reason why JM went into the “gas can return” issue … and why, at that point, KN got heated (slamming down files) when trying to discount this vital bit of information.

Jodi. Lies. Under. Oath.

Juan proved it. Whether cloaked in secrecy or in the open, JA is a freaking liar who, apparently, BELIEVES her own “fog.”

Let ‘er yap. Sealed or unsealed, the jury will hear it.

Please pardon the interruption in this train of inquiry. Think of it as a coffee break. Back when Jury I was given its first speaking introduction to the defendant, Nurmi asked her if she had killed Mr. Alexander & immediately asked her why. She replied, "The simple answer is that he attacked me." I backed up ten feet and have never fully recovered. Who talks like that!? Mrs. Porter, why are you asking for an amber alert?--The simple answer is, my daughter went missing. Mr. Marquet, what happened here?--The simple answer is the car drove through my front room. Laurie Gibbons, how did he rob you, at gun point?--The simple answer is he shot me.

Arias on the stand pulled her fore lip down and closed her back teeth, to utter her "simple answer". Her mouth wouldn't open at the hinges. It was like a weight machine spitting out a number from a slot. How did the jury take this? Did it sink in like refuse to the bottom, as it has with me? For her it was an imitative behavioral exercise with zero connection to truth or falsity, memory or emotion, just Do This. Could this possibly convince anyone? Her interlocutor, Kirk Nurmi? Any juror, 1-18? To think it would, is offensive. Unacceptable testimony, dissembling at its phoniest, patently counterfeit. But on they went, while many gagged.

Now, she's at it again, urged on by her own will, face to face with a fresh jury, fueled by hitherto unrevealed fabrications. We don't know how much of her psychodrama is prodded by questions from Nurmi or Willmott, how much of it a narrative she totally controls. The serum of truth will not be in play. That we know, and she is an extremely poor actress.

Tuba, remember we have all talked about writing a book called "Who Does That?". Now we can add, who talks like that?! Your post is very funny. Who indeed!

ALV was on the stand almost as long as Jodi. Need I say more.

Welcome, Colie! :seeya:

ALV should never have been hired as a defense witness, as this case really had nothing to do with domestic violence. She is probably a great domestic violence counselor with a good reputation. She should have realized, however, that she was stepping out of her league as soon as she agreed to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle